Chapter 19: Immortal of the Cosmos
296 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Only a few minutes passed since Jormungand was sent to the Abyss World, and so around fifty years within it passed. The path forward seemed to be covered by a mist, the once young snake had to dash for the future with sheer determination. With the Devouring Power, Jormungand was able to quickly rise in strength.

The forest, once dominated by a Tier 2 Beast, was now under the rule of a powerful snake.

Every single Beast in the surroundings were fearful of provoking the new Lord of the Forest, for it was said that it could devour the very skies. In a such amount of time, it rose from a weak snake to the overlord-level being it was now!

Among other beasts, it was an invincible existence. Its huge body covered the whole forest, being able to literally encircle it from head to tail. 

Its scales were black-colored, shining with the luster of an abyss that would devour any being that looked at it. Its eyes, equally black, were said to be able to devour souls and control other beings. Its wings could cover the sun, and its horn could pierce the hardest earth.

'And yet, such a powerful, mighty World-Devouring Snake still calls me 'father', even after more than 50 years passed...' Ethan shook his head helplessly, he would visit Jormugand after around an hour or so, which is equivalent to around 416 years within the Abyss World. The World-Devouring Snake feared by Beasts and Humans alike was still young in mind, missing its father.

He couldn't help but smile gently, 'It seems that Jormungand truly sees me as a father... Well, it seems I've become a father at 18 years old!'

Ethan was feeling very satisfied with the current development of the Abyss World, for it is walking a different path. At the same time, he also wondered what would be the reaction if two worlds, once thought to be enemies, met each other with a different ruler. A different ruler with another mindset, one of peace.

It would be extremely interesting... Such a drama between worlds!

'Hehe.' Ethan laughed weirdly for a moment as he took note of the Immortal Physiques that were appearing. According to this rate, the amount of Immortal Physiques will be set at 10. As of now, from the ten physiques that stood even above Heavenly ones, only three were completely formed as of now.

It must be noted that Ethan hadn't integrated any of them yet, he would wait for the 10 to be formed before integrating them. He would need to have Immortal Qi as well. That's some sort of restriction his own body imposed so that his Body and Soul doesn't go simply 'boom'.

The currently three Immortal Physiques completely formed were the: Primal Chaos Body, which is owned by Ye Tian after his Chaos Heaven Body mutated. Abyssal Death Body, which is owned by Wang Qian'er after her Endless Abyss Body mutated. Finally, the Golden Immortal Body, which is owned by Lu Zun after his Golden Heaven Body mutated.

While the Dwarf King's physique didn't mutate as he didn't have one to begin with, his Art of Forging had improved to a splendid level. 

Just as the Physiques of humans mutated, so did the bloodlines, for Heavenly Dao keeps the World of Origin more balanced. Its unconscious will made the bloodlines mutate, and so ten Immortal Bloodlines gradually appeared.

Hei Gou's bloodline, the Heaven-Devourer Dog bloodline, was the first to mutate. It turned into the All-Devourer Dog Immortal bloodline, it even saw a part of its inherited memories. A huge dog whose body size could cover the sun itself seemed to open its mouth, and with a single bite, a whole world was devoured.

Another thing to take note is that the Immortals have, once again, taken another step forward! 

Year 581 of the Immortal Calendar.

Ye Tian stood on his palace, his Chaos Heaven Body was nearing the completion of its mutation. He was already at the peak of the Flawless Immortal step, he just needed to push the door of the next realm! The mutation of his physique was the last push needed.

400 years passed since it has shown signs of mutation, finally nearing completion. Just like that, Immortal Qi flooded towards Ye Tian's body, washing every cell and transforming it once again. As if his shackles were lifted, his body crackled like fireworks, giving off a mysterious feeling.

It was as if the very beginning of the world, the world of Primordial Chaos, was held in a body.

That day... The Heavens thundered, lightning descended endlessly, as if the world was coming to its end!

Immortal Physiques were beneficial to the world, but nothing comes for free. Either you were strong enough to keep it, or you are buried together with your physique.

One had no choice, either you survive or get erased from the long river of time!

However, the once young man had no fear! 

With a low chant, Ye Tian muttered as lightning surrounded him dangerously, ''The Heavens are to be respected, the Heavens are to be feared. With my utmost gratitude, I ask for your mercy.''

Despite sounding respectful, Ye Tian didn't mean to simply let the Heavens kill him. There was no other situation, he was going to surpass his own limits and become the first being to achieve the second realm of Immortals!

And his actions held true to his thoughts, for every lightning absorbed turned into more power. Ye Tian wasn't simply letting go of his shackles, he was using the very power of the Heavens to unblock them and strengthen himself!

Under the watchful eyes of the other six Keepers of Knowledge, Ye Tian spent seven days and seven nights battling the Immortal Tribulation. With endless strength, he passed the test of Heavenly Dao and successfuly achieved the second realm of Immortals, also awakening his Immortal Physique!

''Through these words, I hope the Heavens can feel my sincerity; I'm deeply grateful, for the Heavens were merciful.'' Ye Tian's voice sounded in the whole Foating Island, and so the beings within it cheered happily!

Ye Tian was the first to achieve the [Immortal of the Cosmos] realm. It was a name outside the usual realms, because this realm was actually a title. It was named like this to honor those whose way of Immortality can reach the cosmos, dominating countless galaxies.

Such realm was, like the Pure Immortal Realm, was divided into two steps. The first step was the Moon Immortal, for one would condense their Immortal Qi into a moon within their internal space. To condense a moon, one must understand its essence.

For Ye Tian, who had a world within himself, understanding the essence of the Moon was extremely easy. At the same time, the Four Moons Immortal step also had sub-divisions, namely One Moon, Two Moons and Four Moons.

The last step of the [Immortal of the Cosmos] was very similar to the first step, it is named Sun Immortal. The only difference is that instead of condensing Four Suns like the Moon Immortal, one would condense Two Suns. Although both steps sounded easy, understanding the essence of the Moon and the Sun wasn't an easy feat.

If not because of being naturally close to the world due to generating one within his internal space, even Ye Tian would take at least a few hundred years before achieving such a realm, and he is a genius blessed by the Heavens itself! 

Of course... Just like its difficulty was sky-high, the strength and lifespan increase was extremely generous. While someone at the Pure Immortal Realm could live for up to 50.000 years, an Immortal of the Cosmos could live for up to 200.000 years after just breakingthrough!

With Four Moons condensed, a Moon Immortal could live for up to 300.000 years. With Two Suns condensed, a Sun Immortal could live for up to 400.000 years. It meant that after achieving the peak of [Immortal of the Cosmos], one's lifespan doubled compared to the first time he brokethrough!

At the same time... Reality is cruel.

Even peerless geniuses could stop at the Moon Immortal for life, as they couldn't understand the essence of the Sun. 

Instead of enjoying the feeling of being adored by countless Immortals and Mortals alike, these peerless geniuses would live a total of 300.000 years suffering. It wasn't an exaggeration that many commited suicide, not wanting to live hundreds of thousands of years without hope of breakingthrough.

Sometimes, the feared moment of Death was their only relief.

As such, the title [Immortal of the Cosmos] meant fame, but it also meant despair.

It was an ironic thing, for many hoped to achieve such height of strength, but lost that hope upon knowing they had no chance of seeking the ultimate truth anymore.

The title that meant fame, power, and desire was also a graveyard of geniuses.

11