Chapter 21: Jormungand’s Evolution
258 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abyss World, Forest of the Devourer.

After Ethan appeared as a being as huge as the sun, the whole world was calm. The forest where Jormungand lived, now called Forest of the Devourer, was especially quiet. No living being dared to make a sound, intelligent and wild beings alike.

The huge being in the sky exuded the same breath that Jormungand exuded, as such, the latter was naturally feared by all living beings. It was already feared due to its power, now due to its 'backer'. With no surprises, its evolution was being completed smoothly.

A hundred years passed quietly.

Time, one of the most mysterious concepts of the universe, is enough to wash away everything. The existence that brought endless fear by simply appearing was soon forgotten, only its shadows left on the higher-ranked beings were remembered. Of course, Jormungand was still unprovoked by most.

Differently from what most thought, Jormungand wasn't completely unconscious. It had a part of its consciousness awake, and so it knew what happened in the outside world while it was dormant.

It was actually feeling very helpless and happy at the same time. Although it was something it never admitted, Jormungand was very afraid that the existence it called 'father' actually didn't exist. It was very young when Ethan found it, so Jormungand wasn't exactly sure if it was imagining things.

Such thing always left it with fear and expectation, and it was able to confirm that the scenes it experienced when younger wasn't mere illusions. The powerful breath that covered the world couldn't be more familiar to it, 'My father does exist, after all! I wasn't imagining things, I knew it!'

Its evolution was coming to an end, and it would be the first Tier 5 being of the Abyss World! Without doubts, Jormungand's innate talent was originally very good, and it was further improved after Ethan transformed it into a World-Devouring Snake. Even Ethan was surprised that the Chaelmuth race didn't notice that the species they sent to Earth was so talented.

Jormungand could also feel that from the three visits that Ethan promised, that was the first. It was an inexplicable feeling, but it was just there, 'If just I knew that I would fall unconscious, I would've made preparations... It was a truly careless move!'

It was worried that Ethan would feel disappointed with its careless move, but it didn't expect that what actually troubled Ethan was that he was being called 'father' when he was just 18 years old. As powerful as he is, Ethan is still a young man after all.

Nobody would expect that a being with the power of Omnipotence, Omniscience and Omnipresence, even if still incomplete, would feel troubled over such a trivial matter!

...

As 100 years passed, Jormungand's evolution was finally completed. Its size was originally measured in a few kilometers, now, it was dozens of kilometers long!

Jormungand's body, after the evolution, could be transformed into human form. That was one of the main reasons why its evolution took so long, because its very Body was sublimated along with its World-Devouring Snake bloodline. As one of the strongest bloodlines, it was naturally harder for it to be sublimated.

Soon, Jormungand turned into a young man. [1]

He was about 1.7 meters tall, with short black-colored. The young man had a somewhat dark skin, and it was extremely smooth, having a mysterious luster to it. His eyes were black-colored like an abyss that could absorb someone's Soul into it, and if one was able to look without having their Souls absorbed, they would see a slit pupil that was as mysterious as a black hole.

That young man is Jormungand, and so he looked quietly at the sky, as if he wanted to see Ethan who was overlooking the whole world from the outside. Unfortunately for him, even if he achieved the highest realm, he wouldn't be able to see through the barrier set by the 'Creator'.

Shaking his head after his unsuccessful attemp to see through the barrier he saw many years ago, Jormungand's eyes shone with a cold light after remembering that the other races tried to kill him while he was partially unconscious, 'This 'debt' must be paid by them. I've forbeared for long enough, now, it's time for the Abyss World to have a new ruler. I'll work hard to bring peace and prosperity to this world, for it has suffered enough in the past!'

Nobody could feel Jormungand's determination right now, but his abyss-like eyes burned with an incomparable fire of determination. Even the abyss hidden within them seemed to be devoured by his 'sun' of determination. Even after experiencing the true nature of this world full of beings with ill intentions towards him, Jormungand always kept himself as that gentle snake he was at the very beginning.

However, Jormungand wouldn't allow others to do such vile things like trying to kill him while he was unconscious! As they say, the anger of a calm man is a terrifying thing. 

Before getting his revenge, though, Jormungand was quietly feeling the changes that happened within his Body over the past 100 years. His bloodline went one step further, the evolution that happened at [Tier 5] led him to comprehend a special kind of path. It was tentatively named by Jormungand as [All-Devouring Flame], which was a mix between his power of [Devouring] and [Undying Flame], which is a kind of Magic it created while it was on the Tier 4.

Now, both powers mixed together, becoming way more powerful. The flame couldn't be extinguished with ordinary means, and it would keep devouring Mana as it burned, feeding the Mana back to Jormungand. He was also able to freely alternate between his Main Form and his Human Form.

Perhaps due to Ethan's influence within Jormungand's first memories, he preferred the Human Form, as it reminded him of his 'father'.

In the Main Form, Jormungand was able to freely change its size from dozens of kilometers long to just a meter long. It was an innate skill obtained after evolving to Tier 5. His five senses were also further upgraded, it could now see things dozens of kilometers away from it with clarity, which corresponded to his maximum body size.

Nodding to himself, Jormungand confirmed the changes that took place within his body. Now, he was ready to become the only Sovereign of the Abyss World!

Suddenly, Jormungand felt slightly embarrassed. Before becoming the only Sovereign of his world...

He needed some clothes to his human body!


Note [1]: Now that Jormungand's gender was confirmed, he'll be referred to as 'he', not as 'it'.

9