Chapter 25: Flight
393 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I barely had time to write this chapter, and I'm kinda tired. Fortunately, I've been able to write it in time, otherwise, this would be the first time there is one of the scheduled days without a chapter! Anyway, if you can, please leave a comment and a favorite for the chapter, a rating for the novel and that's it. Thanks for reading!

Ethan had already packed his baggage, and so he ordered his flight. He had a few apartments at New Jersey, one of them was nearby the building where the party will be held. To be honest, he felt a bit disgusted in attending this party, too much falsehood was contained in a single meeting.

Even without using Omniscience, Ethan could feel the inner emotions of others. If someone was smiling politely at him but had emotions of anger, for example, he would know it. Although he was able to avoid doing so, Ethan didn't.

Under the chaotic emotions of all living beings, Ethan saw what was to be human. He thinks of emotions as something very important, for it makes Ethan be what he is. Without his emotions, knowing everything under the influence of Omniscience, Ethan would probably become insane due to the infinite flux of information.

Perhaps, he would even use Omniscience and Omnipotence to destroy the whole universe. This wasn't an exaggeration at all, but something that Ethan would be capable of doing as time passed.

By then, he wouldn't be human anymore.

'It doesn't seem like much, but reflecting on these things are also important to me. If I don't do so every now and then, it's very possible that I may go insane. As I become stronger, though, the infinite flux of information brought by Omniscience every time it is used will have less and less impact on me.' Ethan thought while changing his clothes.

Looking at the mirror, he saw himself clearly. Ethan was wearing a silver-colored suit with a single button front, golden-colored shoulder pads, and a slightly darker shirt within the suit. The trousers were of the same color as the suit, and he wore black-colored gloves and shoes. [A/N: For reference, look at the cover.]

He also combed his hair carefully. All in all, Ethan was as good-looking as ever!

Just as he was feeling satisfied with his own handsomeness, Ethan suddenly frowned before quietly pinching the air around, 'Some people surely are anxious... They are planning to assassinate me, couldn't it be more obvious?'

He did so without relying on Omniscience, but with the power of the Cultivation Path. After a certain degree of strength, Immortals are able to deduce the mysteries of the universe like this. Ethan used this method because his instincts told him someone was going to attack him.

It didn't mean that it was dangerous, of course. If someone on Earth could even leave a scratch on him, then the Chaelmuth would've been annihilated by humans long ago. Even if thousands of the strongest kind of nuclear bombs were dropped on Ethan while he slept, he would still be unharmed.

May it be noted that the strongest kind of nuclear bomb hasn't been developed by the current technology of humans yet, because it was a nuclear bomb capable of destroying a whole planet from the inside out. It was called by other races within the universe as Star-Destroyer, a name enough to prove how strong this kind of nuclear bomb is.

Of course, there are many kinds of technology superior to nuclear bombs. 

Even so, this still proved how strong Ethan is right now.

With this in mind, it's obvious that he wouldn't be in any danger. His instincts were just telling him that some mosquitoes were trying to become clowns flying around him, and so Ethan thought, 'Hm... Should I just go to the person who ordered them to assassinate me and kill him? Nah, I don't really care about mosquitoes. It's just that if the assassins are trying to kill me, they should be prepared to be killed as well!'

Although Ethan seems to be a calm and gentle person, he is by no means like that once provoked. If not because he discovered that the plan of the Chaelmuth race has for Earth has endless benefits to humans, Ethan wouldn't hesitate to destroy their whole race. 

There are about thirty billion Chaelmuths throughout the galaxy they live. In fact, Ethan is very cruel to others when they do provoke him, but it's not like he's a psychopath or something like that. He wouldn't kill a whole family of humans just because one of the members of that family provoked him, for example. 

But the Chaelmuth race is different, for their plan is going to annihilate billions of lives. The surviving billion would rise and slowly recover, but it was still an overwhelming amount of deaths. A war between worlds is cruel, and so is a war between races, so Ethan wouldn't be merciful if needed.

That was not to justify the killing of the thirty billion Chaelmuths, of course. Ethan was very aware that annihilating an entire race was an extremely cruel act, but he didn't really care. At the moment they dared to use a whole race as well as an experiment to test their potential, they should have expected that the experimented race would fight back.

Without them knowing it, the only reason the knife hanging on their neck didn't fall is because their race has benefits to the being holding the knife. 

Shaking his head, Ethan felt very thoughtful today. Perhaps because he felt very happy that Jormungand created a new path, which led him to think more about things. In any case, he was heading towards the airport to take his flight, for a few hours passed already.

The time of the flight was nearing, 'If I calculated correctly, there are about four assassins. They are going to assassinate me right after I arrive at New Jersey in the way to the location of the party... They are armed with snipers, which means they are going for long-range assassination.'

Ethan wondered how wonderful the expression of the man who ordered the assassins would be when he arrived safely at the party!

'It surely would be a good reaction, yes?'

With such thoughts, Ethan took his flight to New Jersey. [1]


Note 1: I didn't want to detail Ethan taking the flight, so I just went over it. I know there are some readers who like to see more detailed things, but I don't really enjoy detailing this kind of thing, so, um... sorry!

Also, time of a fun fact! Although this chapter is shorter than usual chapters, it has exactly 1.000 words without counting the notes. :D

sup? congratz for arriving at the end of this wonderful chapter, have a good weekend if you're reading this chapter at the day it was posted!

8