Chapter 5
143 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Yang was on the soil and stared at his hand, he noticed that his bones were slowly cracking. Some parts of his fingerbones were already pulverised, and the process just kept on going. Soon the lightning turned purple, and Yang's bones shattered. Then, much to his shock, Yang noticed that his bones not only were destroyed but also vanished, but he started to see a bluish light at the area of his bones.

 

That blue is light got stronger and stronger till it turned into a skeletal structure. The moment that blue skeleton of Yang formed, the lightning ceased to strike Yang; also, he regained the ability to walk. He sat up from the mud and looked at the sky.

 

Yang: WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK WAS THIS THING!!??

 

Yang stood up in anger and punched the nearest tree with great might. The tree turned to ashes the moment he touched it; that was when he noticed that a large area around him was arid and incinerated.

 

Yang: For the first time since I came to this place, I am eventually not calm.

 

Yang looked around, and he was relieved, for his axe was unharmed because he fell onto it, and his body protected it from the destruction that took place in the area. So Yang picked his axe up and left the area. As he was slowly walking back home, he found a bigger puddle of water, so he decided to wash his face, because it was dirty from mud, and the rain only made it worse.

 

He put his axe down and proceeded to put his hand into the water, but what he saw shook him till the core. His reflection was something he didn't expect. He saw his own skeleton through his skin in the reflection, but it was blue. He quickly looked at his hands and confirmed that his bones were not visible.

 

He looked back at his reflection, and he could still see his bones; he also noticed strange writing above his head: "uncultured 58".

 

Yang: What am I seeing? Am I dreaming?

 

He was just staring at his reflection and couldn't understand what that could be or how he saw that, but while he was thinking, the ext above his head changed to "uncultured 59". Finally, he made up his mind and walked home.

 

He entered his house and was greeted by Mig, but he was shocked again once he glanced at her. He saw her bones just like he did with his own, but Mig's skeleton was white. He could see every bone in her body and saw her injured arm, the cracks on her arm. He also witnessed two red dots on her skeleton: one on her nose, the other at her forehead. She also had a text above her head just like Yang: "Injured 2".

 

As he was looking at her, he started sweating, and his right leg started shaking a bit.

 

Yang: Turn off! Turn off! TURN OFF!

 

Yang closed his eyes, and once he reopened them, he could no longer see Mig's skeleton.

 

Mig: Were you able to find the source of the sound you heard.

Yang: I-I think I did, but... I am not really sure.

 

7