Chapter 18
49 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days have passed since Yang woke up, and during that time, he learned that he was out for about a week; also, Yang was given a new change of cloth, and he got rid of the bandages on his body to dress up. After that, Yang spent most of his time flipping through some books that Mig brought from the library. As for the book he was given by the sect master, the second page was also locked just like the first one, but this was different: "Required Contract". The main reason he started asking for books was to learn what "Contract" could stand for.

 

After reading dozens of books, he finally got a book that was of some help. However, the book was very different. This new book gave a fragile but noticeable aura when Yang touched it. The cover of said book was a palm, with some sort of circles in its circle, and on both sides of the palm, eyes were located. The colour of the eyes was red, and the eyes stared at the palm.

 

Tirips: This is a strange book.

Yang: Are you the one to talk?

Tirips: I am just saying... It must be the book you are looking for if you are looking for information on "Contract".

Yang: I do hope so. Alright, let's give it a try.

 

Yang opened the book, and he was sure that this was the book he was looking for, for he didn't memorise the content of the first page just by looking at it. Thus he had to read it normally. Since he was almost fully healed, he proceeded to read it in the bed. He got ready to read and laid down, but after he read the first page of the door was busted open, and a guy walked in.

 

The man was wearing the same robes as Yang, but his dress was a bit rumpled. The man had long ringlet hair; it even covered his eyes. He was stubbly as if he didn't care about himself for weeks. The man had a sword attached to his side and rested one of his hands on said weapons hilt.

 

Man: Are you the one?

Yang: I am reading; come back later!

Man: Are you the one who hurt my brother?

 

Yang put the book onto his chest and looked at the intruder.

 

Yang: If you are talking about the guy who had his eggs crushed, then yes. Now that you know whether I am the one you are looking for or not, you can leave.

 

Yang picked the book up and wanted to continue reading it.

 

Man: You have admitted your crime; thus, I will deliver justice for you have hurt my brother.

Yang: I get it, but I don't care. Leave already. Can't you see I am busy?!

Man: I challenge you to a duel!

Yang: Another one? I already have a few... I am not fond of fighting, but if it makes you leave, fine. I accept your challenge, but only after I have finished reading this book.

Man: I will show you the meaning of pain and the consequences of not only being disrespectful to but causing pain to the respectful master Zugoh.

Tirips: Courting death intensifies!

Yang: I have read that one before. I think

 

The man left Yang's room, and Yang could finally focus on reading, but not for long because Dong entered the room.

 

Dong: Yang, Don't tell me you have agreed to Gsuo's challenge!

Yang: I don't know who Gs... the name you mentioned before is

Dong: Gsuo, the person who just left; he is out of your league.

Yang: I have accepted his request, and don't worry, I believe I can handle myself

Dong: Yang, I know you are stronger than an average cultivator, but your current cultivation is unstable. You forcefully made a breakthrough to Foundation Conception 4. However, in reality, you are between Foundation Conception 3 and 4. Even if you were at Foundation Conception 5, you wouldn't stand a chance against him. He has already reached the next realm in cultivation; the Body Reinvigoration.

Yang: Thank you for your concern, but I am confident in my abilities.

Tirips: I hope you know that he is not giving you false information. He is much, much, much stronger than you, but since I am bored, I will help you out just for once.

Dong: Alright, I understand; also, the reason I came here is to give you a few extra books which might come in handy later.

Yang: Thank you!

 

Dong left the room and closed the room; thus, Yang could return to the book and get immersed in reading.

4