Chapter 20
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang: But why did you do that?!

Tirips: I told you that your opponent is much stronger than you; you lack the experience to defeat him. You have yet to learn the ability to judge one's power at first glance. But Don't worry, once the match is over, I will give you back the control.

Yang: I wanna ask why you are so keen to help, but I believe that is classified, right?

Tirips: Yes, that is correct! Now, if you will excuse me, I have a guy to beat!

 

Yang left his room, and a disciple of the sect was waiting for him by the door. He led Yang to some sort of ring in which Yang's opponent, Gsuo, was already present. Gsuo smiled the moment he noticed Yang and went to shake his hand. The two went ahead and shook hands, but Gsuo wanted to shatter Yang's hand, for he unleashed his full gripping power in that one shake, but nothing happened to Yang's hand; it only gained a red print of Gsuo's hand.

 

Gsuo: Are you ready?

Yang: I was born ready!

Tirips: Quite a bold statement, even though you are only a spectator.

Gsuo: Alright, here I go.

 

Gsuo went for a straight kick aimed at Yang's nose, but he lent back, and he didn't even feel a thing, but he was the earliest to move. He punched Gsuo's chest, but it had almost no effect. Instead, he uppercut Yang, lifting him from the floor, then Gsuo grabbed Yang's legs and bashed him into the ground.

 

After that loud impact, many disciples of the sect started gathering around the arena, some even sat down, and they began to cheer for Gsuo. Yang coughed on the ground but jumped back up.

 

Gsuo: If you kneel down now and apologise to master Zugoh, I will spare your life, but if you refuse, I will kill you now.

 

Yang started smiling then he flipped the bird. Seeing Yang's reaction and reply, Gsuo wanted to deliver a devastating straight punch with his left hand, but Yang evaded the incoming fist and got closer to Gsuo. Yang thrust his extended middle finger into Gsuo's armpit; as hard as he could.

 

Gsuo wanted to move his arm, but he couldn't, so Yang grabbed his arm, kicked his back, and dislocated his left arm completely. The enraged Gsuo used his right hand to deliver a devastating blow to Yang, who was blown off his back.

 

Gsuo stood up and slowly pulled his sword from its case. as he pulled his blade, he pointed it at Yang, and he was engulfed in a red aura.

Yang: What is this... feeling?

Tirips: This? This is his killing intent. Don't tell me you have never felt one before.

Yang: Wait, then why did I not feel similar when you wanted to kill me.

Tirips: I was only toying with you back then. But the impression on your face back then... I still love it!

 

Gsuo dashed at Yang and wanted to slice his body horizontally, but he couldn't cut his bones, so Gsuo pushed Yang away as if his blade was a blunt weapon.

 

During this time, even the teachers and masters of the sect joined the spectators and seemed to be agitated whether they should stop the match or not.

 

Gsuo: It seems you have a piece of protective equipment that prevents me from cutting you into two, so I will use my best skill on you, be honoured.

 

Gsuo let go of his sword, but it didn't fall but started floating around him.

 

Tirips: I think it would be wise if you used your unique eyes now because you won't be able to witness such an epic display of counter-attack.

Yang: I was happy to learn how to turn it off permanently. Do you know how it feels when you have x-ray vision? But thanks for the info.

 

Yang closed his eyes and opened them after a few seconds. He was able to see Gsuo's skeleton a text above his head: "Enraged ???". And, also, a thin, barely visible red string coming from his blade to his gith hand.

 

Yang: I can't see his power.

Tirips: He is currently too focused on something, and he is unable to keep his power steady. This skill forces him to focus very hard, look. He's sweating.

Yang: I see, then please show me that epic counter-attack you mentioned before.

 

The blade of Gsuo started shaking then darted at Yang at incredibly high speed, so fast in fact, that Yang couldn't even react, he only noticed that his cheek was cut, and something landed behind him. Once he turned around, he saw his opponent's blade as it was stuck in the ground, but after shaking it, he darted back to Gsuo.

 

Yang cleaned his blood from his cheek and looked back at Gsuo, who had his hand raised up, and soon dozens, even hundreds of swords came from all over the sect and started orbiting around him. The moment the spectators noticed the blades, many of them left in a hurry. Only the masters, teachers, or those who were reckless, brave or just had faith in their own powers.

 

Gsuo: Swordskill Whirlwind!!

 

The swords started spinning and gained a reddish aura, and they generated powerful waves of wind.

 

Dong: I must stop this!

Dsuo: Wait! The end is yet to come!

 

The swords started moving towards Yang, and they formed a giant, deadly ball of swimming swords. The ball lifted up the dust all around the area and created a dust cloud, covering every part of the arena. No one could see anything; they could only hear as the blades were spinning. Finally, they listened to a sound resembling a snap of a finger, and then someone shouted.

 

???: Break!

 

A loud impact and explosion occurred, which blasted the dust curtain away from the arena and what the spectators saw was shocking. The entire arena was covered with blood, and only one person was standing in the ring, Yang. The other vanished. Many shattered swords surrounded Yang, and he was covered with scars, and his clothes were held together by strings, and on the other side of the arena, a large pile of swords were. And every single blade was blooded.

 

Mig rushed up to Yang and started inspecting his body from toe to head; she seemed so energetic and caring, Yang couldn't help but laugh and pat Mig's head.

 

Yang: I think you might be a bit overprotective, Mig!

 

Mig looked into Yang's eyes, grabbed both sides of his face, and lightly pushed his cheeks.

 

Mig: I can't help it; you always get yourself injured.

Yang: Now that you mention it, it seems your hand has fully healed. What an incredible speed.

Mig: How can you worry about others when you are in such an awful state.

Yang: You mean I am ugly?

Mig: NO! Why would I say that? You are ver hands... I mean, you are full of cuts, and you must have lost a lot of blood.

 

Mig let go of Yang's face, and her palms were painted red, but at least Yang's face got cleaner. Also, the spectators were left speechless; some even decided to leave, so only a few masters and teachers stayed there.

 

Yang: What are you talking about? This is not my blood. This is Gsuo's blood.

Mig: What?! How did that happen?

Yang: Let's just say he witnessed a cool counter-attack. By the way, if you have a weak stomach, I wouldn't go over to that pile of blades if I were you.

4