Chapter 35
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Yang's bow disappeared, he waited to see what happened to the statute. But before the dust could have calmed down, the statue dashed at Yang with minimal damage; only three tiny marks where the arrows hit. Yang was slow to react; thus, the statue uppercut him, and right after then dropkicked him so hard that the statue performed flip mid-air and got some distance.

 

Yang flew away, and he kept his teeth gripping; still, blood splashed out of his mouth, and once he landed on the ground, he coughed blood. He stood up as soon as he finished coughing and took a few deep breaths to regulate his breathing.

 

Yang: I should regulate my breathing and heartbeat... Then I may be able to do some harm to that stone statue.

 

Yang closed his eyes once again and started walking towards his enemy. Since Yang was going relatively slowly, it took quite a few seconds for him to get there. But once he got there, the statue greeted him with a punch, but before the statue's fist could have reached Yang, Yang opened his eyes, took a deep breath and evaded the attack.

 

The statue instantly initiated another attack, but Yang retook a breath and evaded but did not retaliate. So the statue changed his strategy and decided to shower Yang with punches, but Yang managed to avoid every single one, but before each attack could hit, he breathed in.

 

The statue stopped attacking, and Yang quickly took on the chance, and after a deep breath, he kicked his opponents head with everything he got. Unfortunately, the statue punched his shin bone. Yang's leg gave cracking sounds, but before he could have done anything, the figure kicked him away.

 

Yang fell, and when he could finally stand up, he couldn't use his leg. Because his bones which he had presumed to be indestructible, were now broken. Once the pain hit Yang, he started trembling and couldn't do anything but sit down and hold his broken leg.

 

The statue slowly started walking towards Yang, and once he got there, the statue lifted Yang up by the throat. Yang looked up at the sky and noticed a large red mist up in the sky, reminding him of the same thing that flew into the killed men. Yang quickly looked at the ball on the other side and realised that that ball was some sort of storage that contained this mist because, from the damage he inflected by his axe, the red mist was flowing out.

 

Yang extended his hand upwards to bring the ring as close to the mist as he could, and he used his other hand to try and free himself from the grip of the statue. The statue noticed the ring on Yang's hand and threw him away, but it was too late. The red mist above turned blue and was sucked into Yang's ring; the leaking ball gained a blueish aura, and the mist inside started escaping at a greater rate.

 

Statue: Fool you are!!! Apprehended you have what you have caused?

 

The ring on Yang's hand was sucking the mist in, and it caused the ring to heat up. The ring was burning Yang's finger, so he tried to pull it off, but it didn't move and only managed to burn his other fingers. The ring got so hard that it started to glow and Yang's finger got chared. Yang tried everything he could, but to no avail; The ring cracked and then exploded along with the ball on the other side of the garden.

 

After the explosion, the mist left the ring, remained around Yang, and seemed to enter Yang's body. Yang was shocked to see the event but didn't have enough time to process what had happened, for the statue bashed his face into the ground and jumped onto his back.

1