Chapter 45
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mig: Who was he?

Zuö: I don't care about weaklings!

Öru: I think he was scheming something!

Yang: I agree; this might seem like a simple invitation; however, he might want to eliminate us, or rather me! Since he was mainly worried about me... alright, let's worry about it later, now let's see what our plunder is.

Zuö: Yeah... about that... although I have collected everything useful, there were mainly used weapons and broken armours, but they were too battered to be reused. The only things with value are those coins and crystals and four pieces of Wintrer-Berry.

Yang: I thought there were herbs in there, but it seems we have to put up with these items only... not that I am an expert when it comes to herbs, I was just curious.

 

Yang walked over to the chest and opened it. The others followed him but kept some distance between them and Yang. Yang saw quite a large number of brown coins and white coloured crystals, and on the top, there were the four fruits Zuö mentioned.

 

Yang: This is that Winter-Berry you mentioned?

Zuö: Yes, why?

Yang: I have eaten quite a few of them while I was coming here. They were quite delicious.

Zuö: D-delicious? W-what are you talking about?

Yang: the fruits were very delicious! I say each of us eats one, and then we take a rest.

Öru: W-wait, I don't think this is a good id...

 

Yang didn't listen to Öru and grabbed all four of the berries and tossed one to everyone, and he ate him in a single bite. As for the other three, they were just looking at the fruit. Mig looked curious; however, Öru and Zuö looked kind of afraid.

 

Mig: Thanks!

Öru: H-how did...

 

Zuö put grabbed öru's shoulder, and when she looked back at him, he shook his head and ate the fruit, so Öru decided to follow his brother and ate the berry.

 

Yang: Yeah, it was delicious!

 

Yang looked at Mig and the ants, but they collapsed. Yang rushed over to Mig and checked her pulse; fortunately, she only seemed to be asleep. As for the ants, they were awake but was struggling to move.

 

Yang: What happened? What's going on?!

 

Zuö tried to speak but ended up coughing instead. Yang rushed over to him and put his hand onto Zuö's back. Zuö slowly pushed himself up and stopped coughing, then looked into the eyes of Yang while slowly forcing himself up.

 

Zuö: It seems I got stronger since the last time I ate this thing.

Yang: What are you talking about?

Zuö: This strange berry has a special ability. It puts a sudden strain on one's body and makes it stronger. And the more you take in at once, the greater taht toll is. When Mother took it, she was screaming in pain and couldn't move at all for quite some time. As for me, since I was weaker, I instantly fainted. Just like your friend there.

Yang: She is just asleep.

Zuö: Asleep? How? It should be painful if this was her first time, and since she ate it without hesitation, this was definitely her first time!

Yang: I don't know; ask her when she wakes up.

Zuö: I won't speak with weak people.

Yang: You should really change your attitude.

Zuö: But why?

Yang: because you are being quite disrespectful and annoying. And I don't like annoying people... especially those who don't change or learn over time.

Zuö: i-i understand, I will try to hold back...

Yang: By the way, what should we do with them?

Zuö: Öru should wake up soon; I don't know about your friend.

Yang: Alright, since you seem to be quite alright, you should help me make a bonfire.

Zuö: Why?

Yang: Because it will get colder and colder, I don't even know how you are able to move in this cold.

Zuö: I doN't quite understand your question, but fine.

 

Zuö decided to go and de branch the trees which Yang collected and formed into an organised pile, and from the smallest ones, he proceeded to make the bonfire. However, before he could finish sorting the branches, Öru woke up, and she went to help Yang. As for Zuö, after he debranched the tree, he was sent back to the dungeon to collect something that could help ignite the fire. Yang later walked over to the larger pieces of wood and chopped them into smaller pieces with his axe; however, strangely, his axe was so sharp that even a light slash was enough to cut even the most durable and stubborn ones.

 

Zuö soon returned with a hand full of damaged paper and put it under the bonfire, and he also brought some sort of thin red tube and gave it to Yang.

 

Zuö: I don't know what this is, but when the villagers came in, one of them used this to generate some sort of fireball over it. Although it was useful, it was not a weapon; it was only a light source.

Yang: Mm.. interesting, let's see.

 

Yang put the tube near the paper, but nothing happened.

 

Yang: Maybe this is some sort of tool that needs Qi?

 

Yang concentrated, and the tool slightly started glowing blue, then a giant ball of fire appeared at the end, which ignited the paper and some of the branches on it. So he instantly put a few larger ones on the fire, and then he deactivated the tool and placed it in the chest.

 

Yang: It seems this was not valuable in Zuö's eye despite its quite unique and great capability.

0