Chapter 48
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the man and the maid left, everything went back to normal. Zuö picked up the container, and Yang and Mig followed him. As they were walking, they had to walk for minutes before they reached an area that was green and not devastated but was still damaged. In the distance, however, a lively forest was visible, and Zuö headed that way. The three of them were walking deeper and deeper into the forest. Yang and Mig soon realised that the further they went, the brighter it got for some reason, and the trees seemed to be less lively.

 

After another few minutes of walking, they reached a large crater with a larger cave in its centre going deep. Above the Öru, in some sort of fur coat, was floating with her arms crossed and was looking into the cave. Once she noticed Yang and his team, she descended next to the cave's entrance. Yang and his team walked over to the edge of the crater and looked inside. Around the cave, many chopped trees seemed to be newly placed there. Also, a prepared bonfire was already burning. And there were three other fur coats next to the bonfire.

 

Öru: Watch out, for some reason, this crater and the cave has a freezing atmosphere!

Yang: Freezing atmosphere? I will see about that!

Zöu: She is right! That area is weird!

 

Yang didn't listen to them and jumped down, and the moment he went below the average level of the ground, he instantly regretted his decision. The temperature was way below zero, and the lower he was, the cooler it got. After he landed, he was shocked due to the sudden cold, and he couldn't move for a few seconds, but then he rushed to the fire. Öru tossed one of the coats to him, and he instantly put it on and kneeled next to the fire. Öru kneeled down next to him, and he looked at his hands which were already red and were slightly shaking.

 

Yang: I guess you were right!

Öru: Told you.

Yang: It's so fucking cold... I think there must be something in the cave.

Öru: I agree!

 

Meanwhile, Zöu and Mig jumped down as well. Zöu rushed to the fire and put on one of the last two coats, but Mig didn't seem bothered by the cold; she walked over to them and put the coat on slowly.

 

Yang: How can you withstand this cold so easily, Mig?

Mig: I have already reached the next major realm in cultivation, Body Revigoration; thus, I have learned how to be resistant to temperature... but only for some time, and to a certain degree.

Yang: Wow, good for you! I still need to improve.

Öru: Cultivation? What's that? Farming?

Mig: No, something entirely different.

Yang: Alright, I am going in!

Mig: W-why?

Yang: I am curious now!

Öru: But were you not freezing a moment ago?

Yang: Yes, but I am too curious.

 

Yang jumped up and walked to the entrance of the cave and looked inside. It was deep; he couldn't see its end, but it had crystals all over the inner area, and these crystals looked like some sort of pillars because they were attached to the ground and to the top of the cave as well. Yang looked back at his party and went inside, much to their surprise.

 

Yang: Mig, I think you should explain what "cultivation" is; maybe it will be beneficial to both of us later.

Mig: I guess you are right!

Yang: See you soon.

 

Yang smiled back at Mig, but his eyebrow seemed icy. Then Yang entered the cave, and Mig looked back at the two flies.

 

Mig: So, anyway, how did you meet Yang, and how come you are this friendly to him... or to be more precise, you are afraid of him?

Zuö: Well, how should I put it... When I first met him, and we clashed, he seemed powerful but very slow compared to me, but before out could have ended, another of those black crack things appeared. And something pulled him. After quite some came that man who is currently insignificant, then Yang returned. Also, that black thing disappeared somehow, while the one I came through stayed there... As for Yang, he seemed different, almost as if he was a different person, and obviously, we clashed again... As the fight went on, I noticed taht he felt more and more like a beast and gave off a terrifying aura. I even called him majesty; because of the power difference.

Mig: Then let me guess, he somehow went back to being "human", right?

Zuö: Yes.

Mig: That explains the reason why I felt that strange pulse... By the way, I think I will tell you what actually is cultivation, at least what I have learned from reading. But I won't give too much detail; I still don't trust you. Mainly because, as it seems, you only follow the strong. And should a stronger being appear, you will betray and backstab us instantly, right?

Zuö: No, we won't... we made something with Yang... If I remember correctly, something like a contract or something similar.

Mig: I don't really care as I said, now open your ears.

 

Mig was about to start her explanation, but suddenly the ground was shooked in the area, and hot air came out of the cave's opening. Although it was hot, it barely increased the temperature in the crater. The three of them looked at the entrance, but Mig started explaining.

 

Mig: I know Yang is fine and knows what he is doing; I should focus on what he asked me to do!

 

Time went by as Mig explained the things she knew about cultivation, and the flies had a hard time understanding what she was saying, so she had to repeat herself multiple times. In the end, Mig was quite angry for the ignorance of the two flies but stayed calm and finished her explanation. After she finished, a sudden burst of wind hit them, extinguishing the fire, and suddenly an unknown figure jumped out of the cave. The figure looked like a human being but had a crystalised body. Its body was shiny and reflective, and the colour of it was very light blue.

 

The newcomer smiled and dashed forward towards Mig and the flies, so the three of them jumped up and rushed at them. Mig was faster, and she was running ahead of the flies, but the crystal being was out of her league. The crystalised being unleased a barrage of swift, precise and devastating jabs at Mig's chest and stomach. But before Mig could have slid back, she tried to deliver a desperate punch while coughing blood. She was able to punch her opponent, but her effort was to no avail; her opponent just shrugged it off, like it was nothing, and then kicked her side with such a force that Mig was blasted out of the crater.

 

Right after the enemy finished Mig, Öru was about to dropkick the crystalised being, but she was too slow, as her attempt was evaded. The enemy used their elbow to hit her chest, sending her down, but right then kicked her jaw, blowing her away into the side of the crater. The kick was so powerful that Öru was covered entirely by the rubble. Zuö, on the other hand, was above his enemy and was about to kneel them in the face, but suddenly the man performed a flip, evading the attack, and while they were upside down, they kicked Zuö on the face so hard he flew away, but he stood up, while he had a red footprint on his face.

 

Zuö dashed back at the man and kicked the opponent's head with all of his might, but it had almost no effect. The only thing he achieved was slightly tilting the crystalised being's head. And then a sudden roar shook the area, which came from somewhere underground. The crystalised creature smiled and, with incredible speed, punched Zuö in the face, grabbed his head and smashed him to the ground. Zuö was pushed so deep into the ground that he completely disappeared. The creature walked away, but Zöu jumped out of the ground and started flying at the being; however, the man turned around and, with a swift movement, touched Zöu's chest with an open palm.

 

Zuö vomited blood instantly and was blown away so hard that he carved the ground on his way. The crystalised creature looked at the flying Zuö then walked away. Suddenly an explosion occurred, and a wall of flame erupted from the entrance of the cave. The beam of fire expanded the entrance of the cave, hit the items taht Yang and his team brought and hit the crater's other side. As soon as the flames died out, it was clearly visible how powerful and devastating it was. Everything and anything it touched either burned, such as the items in the crate, and melted. There was a straight line of magma in the crater.

0