Interlude: The Whole Picture
393 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This interlude (and the following three) is written from the perspective of Rutt the Minotaur.
His views do not reflect the morals of this story or its writer, and his life advice is terrible. 

The world inside your head is complicated. Not as complicated as it was before the War, sure, but pretty fucking complicated, yeah? You’ve got a lot going on in there, haven’t you? Yeah, you have. Me too, pal. Me too. 

The world outside your head is simple. The physical world of matter and meat and shit. So long as you don’t overthink it then the ‘real world’ is a pretty easy place to understand. 

There are only three things in the world.

The first thing is “the shit I want.”

The second is “the shit that gets in the way of me getting it.”

The third is opportunity.

Sometimes “the shit I want” is good company, laughter, strong ale, the thrill of rape and murder, friendship, wisdom, a sexy leather skirt that makes my ass look good, a big bowl of yaki udon, or respect.

Sometimes “the shit that gets in the way of me getting it” is physical distance, or the emotional needs of others, or British Robots, or the laws of physics, or human vaginas being too small to take my dick. Probably you got a few of those problems yourself.

Opportunities are the chances to get past those obstacles, to get around them, or to transform them into your desires. And they’re everywhere. 

Open your eyes. Look at the world. That’s all that’s fucking out there. The whole picture. Just three things.

Satisfactions, Frustrations, and Opportunities. 

That’s the inventory of reality. That’s the whole map of the world outside your head.

3