Chapter 34: THREE NIGHTS HENCE – The Final Hologram is Censored
183 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the Assault on Castle Vesh, Ravinical promised Rutt that her indestructible vampire vagina could offer him an experience he had never known; An ongoing, consensual, sexual relationship.

He bade her come to the Levers’ farm three nights hence.

That night has come.

The Vampiress proceeds towards the barn.

It is three nights hence.

Madame Sausages awoke.

Something was about to happen.

Something was always about to happen. But this was something worth waking up for.

And that’s not nothing to a Fortune Teller. To Madame Sausages, and to those like her, that which could be seen in dreams was generally more significant and illuminating than that which could be seen in the waking world. An event transpiring in the waking world, in Linear Time, bound within Lust and Pain's meagre scope... such an event had to be especially pussiant to be worth forsaking that which may be seen in dreams.

A warm hum came from her bedside table, where a face was forming in her crystal ball. The face of the third Madame Sausages. Her ancient predecessor and spirit guide.

"It’s happening. It's happening now," said Sausages 3, "This can’t be taken back."

Stirring into consciousness, the current Madame Sausages wasn’t entirely sure what was being referenced. She had foreseen two or three significant moments that would decide her village’s destiny. Which was this?

The Vampire’s last card?

The Priest’s last words?

The Fairy’s last tears?

A face now formed in the condensation on the window. The face of the first. The long ago face of the original Madame Sausages.

"Everything proceeds from here. An accident of timing. A needless rejection," said Sausages 1, "This moment dooms them all."

The current Madame Sausage took the few short steps across her living space that would take to the kettle. There would be no sleep tonight. But there could at least be tea.

An accident of timing? This must be the vampire then. The bored heterosexual vampiress. So she must have waited as the minotaur had asked her. So it must be three nights hence.

"She's headed to the barn? Now?"

"Yes," said the face in the ball and the face in the window.

“Fuck,” said the current Madame Sausages.

Then a HOLOGRAM FROM THE FUTURE took shape in the middle of the vardo. A hologram of the final Madame Sausages.

"Alright if I hang out with you ladies?" she said, "Back in my century I’m writing a paper on the Spetlamu tragedy and wanted to see some of the bits I don’t understand."

"Sure," said the current Madame Sausages.

"What bits don’t you understand?" asked the Madame in the crystal ball. She was looking for a chance to show off. That was all there was to do for fun when you lived in a crystal ball.

The current Madame Sausages felt a bit miffed at the third Madame Sausages putting herself forward as an expert on the Spetlamu tragedy, when she was the one who was going to have to witness the bloody thing firsthand. 

The hologram pulled out a notepad from her silver jumpsuit. She flipped to about three quarters through.

“Well... all the stuff about ‘Rutt’s Last Rape’ for one."

There was an awkward silence. 

Since the other Sausages weren't volunteering anything, the Final Sausages went into specifics.

Which I can't. They would ruin the end of this book. But I'll just report as much as I can, so as not to break the flow of the conversation. 

"Why's it even called 'Rutt's Last Rape?'" Final Sausages wanted to know, "Why does history call it that when when [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]? I mean, it’s not either of those things is it? Because [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and [REDACTED]! That’s at least four reasons why it wasn’t [REDACTED] or [REDACTED]!”

"Oh," said the third Madame Sausages.

"I’m afraid we’ve never heard about any of that," said the current Madame Sausages.

"News to us," said the third.

"Weird," said the hologram, starting to wonder if she was even on the right timeline. "So you've not foreseen Rutt's Last Rape?"

"Nope."

"The Fairy's Last Tears?"

"Yep."

"The Priest's Last Words?"

"Yep."

"The Vampire's Last Card?"

"Yep."

"The Vampire's Best Card?"

"Yep. That's happening now."

"Now? Now Now? It's three nights hence?"  

"It is," said the Current Madame Sausages, "We're locked in." 

"Damn. Yeah, you are. Sorry. I'm sorry for you. I really am. Still... I'm on the right timeline anyway."

"I'm not," said the dinosaur-headed Madame Sausages of Earth-99476, walking through the vardo door and taking a seat on the bed.

"Weird that you've not heard of Rutt's Last Rape though? It's significant on...well, on a cosmic level. On a species level."

"Okay, well. Look...I mean," said the first Madame Sausages, "Everything you've just said about it fits in with all the information we do have. Explains a lot actually. But those weren’t details we’d foreseen. Think about it. There was no way we possibly could have foreseen them really, now could we? Since they [REDACTED].”

“Oh shit, yeah. Obviously. Duh,” said the hologram, realising her mistake. People from the future could usually speak freely to people who could see the future. But Rutt’s Last Rape was a topic where that logic could not apply.

“Never mind, dearie,” the third Madame Sausages reassured her, “What can be known and what can be understood conspire together to make each other neither”

This is the sort of thing you say after centuries in a big fancy paperweight.

"Three nights hence," sighed AltSausages-99476.

"It's happening now. She's reached the village," said the third Sausages.

"Hey...can we watch live on that thing?" said the first Sausages, indicating the crystal ball.

The third removed her face from the sphere and replaced it with Ravinical's.

"No, no. Not the heterosexual. The barn. Let's see the barn. The Fairy's first truth is known. That's where the fucking is happening."

2