Side story – Xecra
1.2k 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I hope this is good and everyone enjoys.

(POV Xecra)

Since big sister Xyrra left me and big sister Xituna have been hard at work helping the mortals. They have advanced slowly but steadily and are now starting to work with metal. Just in the beginning stages but they are getting there. They now have a small city near the monument. It has a population of around five thousand I would say. Near the monument, a small village has been built to protect and look after it. Many more settlements have appeared and others have greatly expanded. The city is surrounded by a great wall of stone two metres thick and twice the height of the houses. There is one gate in every direction each one big enough for me to walk through.

In the centre is the start of a grand church palace. A combination of a church and a palace for the council spiritual who are the current leaders of the city and surrounding lands. This looks to be the start of a nation.

Flying over the city I look down at the mortals bustling about down below going about their day. From what I can tell they all look to be having happy lives as they should. A mortal's life is so short it should be the best it can be. I hope I can help make their lives the best they can be. I might not be able to do anything major but I can do small things to help. For example my patrols I fly around looking for any dangers and for anyone who needs help. However recently this has gotten difficult as more and more settlements appear and they get bigger. Even though I am a goddess I can't be everywhere I will need help eventually if I am going to keep doing this and look after my own people.

------------

Returning home I decide I need some help. Finding an empty room I get to work. So I need people who can fly, fight, help and protect people. Starting with a humanoid base I keep changing them in many ways until I created two people perfect for the job. The first is a young-looking humanoid with bird wings and feet based on a Resplendent Quetzal. At the end of the wings are three sharp claws. Her legs are like that of a birds. Her hair and feathers are a light green. The other is similar but based on a Eurasian eagle owl. She has black and brown patterned feathers and hair.

Now to name them. The green one will be called Aelleris and the owl will be Volaria. As the first of their kind, they will be semi-immortal and the leaders. A few minutes later they awaken. They both look around the room and then their eyes fall on me.

“Where are we sister? And who is she?”(Aelleris)

“I am unsure where we are but I think she is our creator.”(Volaria)

“That is correct Volaria but you don’t have to be so formal. I have created you both as the first of your kind to be guardians of the world. Your kind will help me maintain the peace. My big sisters will look after their domains but there isn’t much to do with the sky at the moment so I am helping them.”(Xecra)

“Understood, shall we get started then?”(Volaria)

“Ah no you don’t have to start right away you can take your time to get used to everything.”(Xecra)

“This is what we were created for I must fulfil that role.”(Volaria)

“Sis I think we should do as she says and spend some time looking around.”(Aelleris)

Aelleris looks up at her sister with puppy dog eyes. I can see Volaris trying to resist but eventually gives in.

“Fine we will spend to day looking around then tomorrow we get to work.”(Volaris)

“Yay!”(Aelleris)

Aelleris starts dragging her sister away before she can change her mind.

“Bye bye miss creator. Hope we can talk soon.”(Aelleris)

“Goodbye you two. Oh, my name is Xecra by the way.”(Xecra)

I watch as she drags her sister away until they both round a corner. They are both very cute together. I think Volaris was trying to be the responsible and strict one but she’s really just a softie figuratively and literally, especially to her sister and I definitely understand why.

Now it's time to make a few more. I think another twenty will do for now. For the next few hours, I create more of them of various types and explain everything to them.

--------------

(POV Aelleris)

my sisters and my creation was strange. We just appeared into existence with fully formed personalities and knowledge. However, what I know is telling me it should be years before we get to this stage. Effectively we are adults even though we were just born. It seems the personality I was born with is a very carefree one which I will fully embrace as that is the only me that I know. I have to, how can I be me if I have only been me for a few hours? I don’t know what I want to do or be. I don’t even know what I like except my sister and creator.

I can’t be anyone else other than the personality and body I have been given. However, I will discover who I am alongside my sister as we help protect the peace of this world.

I have a day to explore before I have to start work let's make the most of it.

------------
(POV Volaria)

My carefree sister drags me away from our creator out of the palace. We exit onto the mountain that awaits us outside. It is beautiful, it surrounds us on all sides rising high into the sky covered in snow. Water rushes close by in what I think is a waterfall. My sister keeps dragging me along. Eventually, she lets go and spreads her wings.

She crouches slightly then jumps off the edge. She falls and then a few seconds later she comes back up rising into the sky and soars off into the distance. I watch her beautifully fly about the sky with graceful movements.

I watch this for a few minutes until I decide to join her. I run off the edge and spread my wings taking to the sky. I am supposed to be the responsible and strict one according to my given personality but even I must agree that this view is beautiful. The mountains, lakes and forests surround the land we fly over.

Flying away from the palace the land starts getting flatter and greener. I watch as people and animals move about down below. They are the ones we are supposed to help. This world is beautiful despite what happened to it before. The goddesses have done a wonderful job bringing it back to its former glory.

I never want this to end, I just want to explore this world with my sister. However, we have a job to do and I will do all I can to help this world and my creator. My mother.

Announcement
Before anyone worries about having to many characters I have ideas for them I just need time.

Discord - https://discord.gg/aERmF6tEdX

19