021 – Less Than Three Struggles
958 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 021: Less Than Three Struggles

After the Amazoness had asked who owned Lin Hao, the others were either confused or nervous.

As for I, this might as well be within my expectations.

Lin Hao replied nervously in fluent Wood God language “Nobody owns me…!”

The group of Amazonesses immediately snicker and some lick their lips.

Good, then as according to the village rules, you are free to be hunted unless you win a duel against the village’s Head *[Warrior]*. There will be up to three duels *[against]* you every day. If you lose a duel, you will belong to that *[Amazoness]*.” Lin Hao clenches his fists. The Amazoness continues. “What about the other two?”

I whisper in brother Hao’s ear. “Village Head what?”

He says it was about the village’s Head Warrior. This meant the fight might be a challenge for him.

Raquel looks at Danielo and jumps to his defense.

“Danielo is with me! *[Nobody]* can touch him!” She exclaims.

“““Hum!””” The Amazonesses hum in approval.

Suzy looks around confused. She doesn’t speak this language after all.

Claire looks at her with a wry smile before coming next to me. “Edward is mine!” She points at me.

The Amazonesses hum at her words.

The tallest Amazoness speaks to Raquel and Claire.You two don’t *[look]* like you own those men. Prove it.”

Claire blushes and fidgets, looking at Raquel.

Raquel gets closer to Danielo and kisses him on the lips. “Is that enough?”

The Amazonesses are wide-eyed at this.

One of the smaller ones exclaims “Amazing, to think a male would be this docile when *[kissed]*…”

Claire looks at me and at Suzy back and forth.

(It’s too late for Suzy to kiss me since Claire already said she owned me…)

Suzy seems to understand something and nods at Claire.

Claire comes up to me and places her hands on my jaw, tip-toeing up.

I smell a faint strawberry perfume from her blond hair that flowed til her hips.

I look in her in her light brown eyes, which gaze back intently.

Glancing at the Amazonesses and Suzy who all look closely, I bend my knees and neck a little and I wait. Claire seems to hesitate so I initiate the kiss.

“Un ❤…” Claire moans an instant and slowly moves her lips around mine.

I stop paying much attention to my surroundings during our kiss. Claire moves her lips to suck a little on my bottom lip and then inserts her tongue in my mouth.

Her tongue twirls around mine and she sucks on it a little at times. After a few seconds she stops the kiss with a fierce blush lighting up her face.

The Amazonesses are silent, some with their mouths wide open in shock, others with a blush and wide eyes.

The tallest Amazoness quickly says, “Stay here for a *[while]* I must consult with the elders!” and sprints at an amazing speed to the village.

The rest of the Amazonesses whisper to each other, but I can’t hear what they’re saying.

Claire had stepped away and Suzy was throwing a jealous look at me.

After a few minutes, two Amazonesses sprint back to us.

One is the previous woman who left running for the elders. The other is almost two feet taller than her, has lighter tanned skin, wields two long painted maces, wears lots of various necklaces and a wooden mask with gold engravings that completely covers her face.

28

The tallest Amazoness seems to have no trouble running at such a speed, she’s clearly stronger. If she were to be our enemy she would definitely be dangerous.

They arrive within talking distance.

The Amazoness that ran off to fetch the masked woman lifts her arms in a Y-pose and shouts. “HAIL THE CHIEFTAIN!”

“““HAIL THE CHIEFTAIN!!!””” The other Amazonesses reply with their arms lifted.

The golden-masked extremely tall Amazoness, about 9 feet tall, was the chieftain of the village.

She wore a long loincloth that reached her ankles and had a purple cloth wrapping her medium-sized breasts.

However those boobs were only medium in proportion to her size. They were actually the size of small watermelons.

As she starts speaking, silence rules over the others.

You, human male… I heard you *[kissed]* first and even dominated the woman?”

“Yes!” I reply confidently.

“… Very well. For that transgression, you must struggle against I, the village’s strongest, and win! Otherwise the village will *[compete]* to own you and your *[seed]*. If you win, you will be free to *[reside]* in the village as you *[wish]*.”

I gulp.

(Fighting her with all five of us, before the last upgrades everyone went through would have been really tough, but on my own…?)

This was going to be hard.

Claire bites her lip. She must have been frustrated our kiss didn’t work out like Raquel’s and backfired against me.

Lin Hao speaks up. “I wish to begin my duel with the Head Warrior!”

The chieftain replies. “Alright! First, let’s hold the duel between the *[young]*-looking human and our great Head Warrior!”

The Amazonesses cheer. “““Aouh! Aouh! Aouh!”””

The chieftain turns her back and walks at a quick pace to the village.

We follow along with the Amazonesses, who continue their cheering.

We enter the village that has sparsely placed oversized huts and houses.

The “Aouh” cries seem to call for more Amazonesses. Tanned, strong and tall women come out of their homes and follow the group.

We walk further toward a large round dirt circle surround by wooden pillars painted in reds, greens and yellows.

29

The chieftain sends someone to call for the Head Warrior.

At this point I can see a hundred Amazonesses forming a circle behind the pillars and looking intently at Danielo, Lin Hao and I.

Five minutes pass by until an 8 feet tall Amazoness walks over with a single giant wooden mace the size of a person.

30

One woman shouts out “The Head Warrior comes! May the duel make us *[Amazonesses]* prosper!” and does a Y-pose.

All hundred other women except the chieftain do the same Y-pose.

The chieftain then moves her arms up slowly, with her maces at arm’s length.

(Sigh… She’s gonna do the stupid Y-pose too, isn’t she?)

The arms lift up. 45 degrees… 70 degrees…

And finally, they stop once they’re parallel to the ground.

The chieftain attains an alpha T-pose, unmatched in showing strength and dominance over the entire tribe.

(Amazing… She’s beautiful.)

The chieftain shouts “LET THE DUEL BEGIN!” with a thundering voice and all Amazonesses relax their arms and posture.

The Amazoness Head Warrior launches herself forward, lifting her huge mace.

Lin Hao speaks in Common, Chi Aura!” that releases a green mist from his body which stays close to his skin.

He doesn’t stop there.

Jade Body Technique…”

He smiles. His skin takes on a jade luster and translucence.

Although he has his holy bag at his hip, he doesn’t take anything from it.

The two start fighting.

The Head Warrior first does a baseball strike towards Lin Hao’s torso.

Lin Hao blocks the mace with two arms, one supporting the other.

CLUNK

The giant mace bounces back, but it also makes Lin Hao slide away five meters on the dirt.

(Should I help him secretly with my telekinesis!?)

The crowd seems surprised and I hear gasps and words of disbelief.

Lin Hao could take their Head Warrior’s hit head on.

He then jumps toward the Head Warrior, about to punch.

He had no need for my help.

His opponent didn’t seem too surprised, it seems she had expected this when Lin Hao showed his strange abilities.

She prepares her mace to intercept Lin Hao’s punches.

PAK PONK PAK PAK

Lin Hao tries in vain to hit her, as she expertly blocks each punch, however she loses ground.

Each punch either make her slide a few inches or she has to take half a step back.

She suddenly unleashes a very fast kick going for brother Hao’s knee, who instead of dodging turns his leg towards hers.

The kick is brutal, but it’s the Head Warrior that cries in pain. “AAAARRGH!”

It seemed that Lin Hao’s Jade Body Technique had hardened his body so much that hitting him would only incur self-damage.

The Amazoness jumps back with one leg and takes a few steps backwards, only to limp.

“Ptui!” She spits on the ground and lifts her mace on her shoulder.

She has to use the mace from now on.

Lin Hao doesn’t wait and rushes over to fight.

The first few punches are blocked and the Head Warrior takes a risk, simultaneously twisting her body to the side to dodge a punch and slamming her mace toward Lin Hao’s face.

Lin Hao’s punch grazes her ribs but and the mace connects to his head, making Lin Hao crash head first to the ground and bouncing back up before he falls on his back.

He gets up quickly, seemingly unharmed.

(Damn, is he the new tank of the team!?)

However, why had the Head Warrior not used that moment to attack?

Looking back at her, she suddenly coughs some blood.

(How… She only received a glancing blow!… Coughing blood… It’s internal damage!)

I could only surmise that this was the effect of either a passive technique or the Chi Aura itself. Lin Hao’s punch must have sent chi through the Amazoness and damaged her internals organs directly.

Lin Hao was still raring to go, although he looked less energetic.

The chieftain frowns and looks at her Head Warrior before addressing her.

“Head Warrior Kabika of the Earth! Can you *[proceed]* with the duel!?”

“… I fear it is my loss, chief…!”

“So be it!” She steps forward and faces Lin Hao. “You, a man, has earned the right to be free of *[slavery]*. Be proud of your feat!”

Lin Hao nods his head. “Thank you, chieftain of the Amazonesses!”

The chieftain nods and calls out in the crowd. “Someone call for Gigila of the Moon! Kabika is hurt.”

Seeing the chieftain call for someone to heal the Head Warrior Kabika, I instead volunteer do help her.

“Let me heal her, it’s better to help quickly.” I propose to the chieftain.

“You know of the *[magical]* arts of the Moon?” She asks back with an eyebrow lifted by doubt.

Um… I only call it holy healing. It won’t hurt.” I explain.

“… Very well, try it out.”

I walk toward Kabika and look at her exposed skin. A large bruise now covered her ribs, even when her thick-skinned palms were fine despite her rough handling of the huge mace.

Kabika coughs a bit more blood.

I place a hand over her bruise. “Heal!” I say in Common language.

The light makes the bruise go away, but I continue healing her, letting the divine energy reach her organs.

Kabika’s fellow tribeswomen overlook the treatment with clear interest.

“Ahn ❤… It feels good…” Reveals Kabika.

The chieftain’s shoulders droop down an inch, showing her relax any tenseness she had before.

She speaks to me in a quiet voice in Common. “So you can use the sacred arts of the Sun. To think you’d use them so lightly for a stranger… You don’t wear the clothes that human devotees always have.”

My treatment is finished and I retrieve my hand.

I’m thankful she speaks Common, since my Wood God language is rough. I immediately switch to Common.

“I’m different from them. I only wish to rest and work in this village for a few weeks along with my friends.”

“Hum… You must still win the struggle against me. It is our tradition, it cannot be violated!” She rests her twin maces on the ground, her palms holding them upright.

“I understand. However please let me rest for half an hour before we start.”

“That’s acceptable. I grant your request in my name, Lola of the Stars.”

I thank you, chieftain Lola of the Stars, in my name, Edward Skies, as in Edward of the skies in my language.” I answer in a style similar to hers and translate my last name to Common.

“Edward of the Skies? That’s a pure name that has yet to be taken in our village… I must consult the elders about this.” Lola walks off toward a house, leaving me standing there.

Kabika places a hand on my shoulder. I look up toward her face, it wields a gentle expression. She starts thanking me in Wood God language.

“Thank you for using the Sun arts on me… If you lose against the chieftain, I’ll definitely try to get you for myself.” She says with a smile.

“Hum… Thank you?” I reply, confused. “And if I win?”

“If you win? If you *[succeed]*… I don’t know? What would a man even want?”

Her question puts me in a weird spot. Does she not know anything about men?

“How about you come at night to…” I pause to think of how to ask her to explain what would be profitable work in the village.

However before I can continue my sentence, Kabika replies back.

“At night…? Isn’t that a reward for me? I thought men hated making babies?”

!…” It turns out she immediately interprets my demand like this and she even implies she’d want to have sex with me. Her glowing tanned skin, her small cleavage, her thick thighs and her beautiful face make it hard to refuse now. “No, I like it when it’s with a beautiful woman.”

“Hoh!…” She places a hand over her nose and blushes. “Then… Win.” Kabika leans to my left ear. “Any Amazoness is weak on the defensive, so make sure to be fierce!”

The Head Warrior Kabika runs away like a shy little girl after giving me this advice.

I snicker in my mind at her cute antics and I return to the other apostles and Suzy.

Danielo asks me a question. “Edward, why did you heal her? Shouldn’t you keep your divine power to heal yourself during your own duel?”

“Although that’s very sensible, not only am I confident in winning after seeing brother Hao’s clean victory, but I actually profited big time in reputation and image.” I explain. “I also acquired information on an Amazoness’ weakness. Furthermore, the chieftain agreed to wait half an hour before our duel, and she went to speak to those mysterious elders. I’ll have regained all of my divine power by then, so no harm’s done.”

“Un, alright. Don’t lose!”

Suzy comes a little closer to me but keeps a distance.

“I believe you will win!” She says to cheer me on.

Claire looks away from me with reddened ears but still offers her encouragement. “Go and win, otherwise I’m pretty sure it is I who will be looked down by these Amazonesses…”

“Don’t worry! I won’t lose.” I exclaim.

The tribeswomen sit around in circles of friends, waiting for the next event. We do the same, chatting to pass time.

A bit over half an hour later, the chieftain Lola of the Stars comes back, without her maces.

“Edward of the Skies!” She calls for me.

I get up and say some parting words. “Then, I’m going. Watch me win!”

Go for it, brother!” Replies Lin Hao.

I put down my bow and arrows and walk between two pillars, taking out my staff and resting a hand on my sword pommel.

I hesitate whether or not to use my sword since I cannot and don’t want to kill the opponent.

The entire tribe gets up and encircles the arena, but this time the tension is even higher.

(It must be because I’m going against the chieftain!… Just how strong is she?)

The chieftain shouts out. “Our struggle will begin, may our ancestors *[bear]* witness!”

This time, Lola understandably doesn’t do a T-pose.

However surprisingly, the other Amazonesses do not engage in Y-posing either.

Four Amazonesses come over and throw carpets on the ground.

(Her words and their actions are quite different from before…)

“Edward,” Lola addresses me. “Why are you holding onto that staff?”

“Huh?” I say, thinking about the Head Warrior using her mace. But then again, Lola didn’t bring her pair of maces to the battle, so perhaps there was a twist when the fight was against the chieftain, and weapons were prohibited. “Alright, I got it.”

I remove my belt holding my scabbard and place it on the ground with my copper staff.

However I couldn’t guess what happened next.

The chieftain gets her breasts out in the open before doing the same for her moist crotch and fluffy pubic hair.

Murmurs of anticipation race along the crowd.

Voices I don’t recognize address me.

“Remove your clothes, human male!”

Take off those pants!”

“Let me see it!”

“Bare it out!”

The chieftain speaks out to me in Common. “Do you not know of our traditions despite coming to our village? This is the ‘struggle’. The one who comes three times first loses!”

“Oh… I thought-- Nevermind…”

I start undressing, feeling my cheeks heat up with embarrassment from exposing myself in front of so many women and my apostle friends.

I remove my white shirt and some cheers ring out.

Lola on the other hand removes her necklaces and her mask, revealing a beautiful face with sharp features and high cheekbones. Her long and lustrous black hair sways by her hips.

Then my pants come off and some voices anticipate the removal of my boxers.

“It’s coming out! Finally!”

“What kind of penis will he have!?”

I cringe a little at that comment but I remove my boxers as my penis hardens in anticipation.

The Amazonesses roar in excitement. “““Dick! Dick! Dick! DICK! DICK! DICK! DICK!”””

The 9-feet tall Amazoness walks up towards me to stand on the carpets, towering me in height. In a standing position, the tip of my hard dick barely reaches the level of her pussy lips.

(Wait… So that’s what Kabika meant by going on the attack!)

I step upon the carpets myself.

The air vibrates with the cheers and Lola grabs my dick and pushes my shoulder, tripping me to the ground.

(Already!? I have to get on top!)

It would be hard to push her when she’s stronger and bigger than me, but I’m the one with the dick.

As Lola squats on top of my dick and rubs it with her pussy lips, I lift up my upper body and hug her. I place my lips around one of her brown nipples and suckle it around.

“Un ❤… Why are you acting like a baby Amazoness and suckling on my-- NIPPLE!? OH ❤!”

With a little bite, I make Lola’s voice louder and let down her guard. This is the opportune moment to strike.

I push down on a leg and twist my torso, making Lola fall on her back.

Some gasps erupt in the crowd and even Lola looks lost on how to proceed.

With a hand I pinch her clitoris. “YAHNNNN ❤❤❤!!!” She cries in pleasure.

I guide my dick inside her and push my hips into her.

“Un ❤… No ❤, why are you the one on top ❤! I’ve never seen the skies while baby-making before ❤…!”

I place an arm behind her head, pulling her face towards mine as her neck and back bends forward.

“Edward of the Skies, making me look at the skies during baby-making… Is this what the elders warned me ab—MMMM❤❤❤!!”

I kiss Lola and suck on her bottom lip. I tease her gums with my tongue and start using my hips on her lower body.

Her mouth opens up and I insert my tongue inside before she blocks me.

Her defenses don’t come up in time, which lets me coil around the sensitive tip of her tongue.

Nhoh ❤… Ahm gonna looze za fhirst rhound ❤❤❤!”

My hips accelerate and using my free arm I rub her clitoris some more.

My dick throbs as Lola’s pussy gushes liquids and squeezes down repeatedly on my penis.

Her pussy isn’t normal at all! It rubs on my dick a lot more than other women’s pussies!

Instead of her pussy begging for my cum, it wants to forcibly take it from me!

(Bad pussy! I’ll have to defeat you today!)

A feminine smell permeates the air.

I continue fucking Lola and her moans get higher in pitch.

Ahn ! Ahn ! Ahn ! Ahm gonna cummmMMMMM ❤❤❤!!!”

The Amazoness chieftain’s pussy coils around my dick and does a squirt attack! But that only makes me a bit more slippery! It’s counter effective and my speed increases!

Although I’m close to cumming myself, I could hold on for a little more.

I pinch over and over Lola’s clitoris as she cums, and I continue after she finishes.

HAAAHHH ❤❤❤… Why… You’re still going on… I just came ! I came once even though you haven’t cummed yet!!! But I won’t lose! There’s no way you won’t cum soon!” Lola’s legs wrap around my hips and hold me in place inside her, stopping my hips. “Here ! And here ! Take this !”

I moan as she uses her pussy to pleasure my cock intensely.

It seemed she regained her focus after cumming.

During this moment I happen to look around and I notice the entire crowd of Amazonesses have at least one hand inside their loincloth.

(No wonder I smelled something strange!)

I continue rubbing and pinching Lola’s clitoris and I use my mouth on her nape, then going down to her big, soft breasts.

Yahnnn ! Such a fearsome man ! I should have--! Made use of my full--! Strength from the beginning!”

I was about to cum inside her and I couldn’t break free from Lola’s leg grip.

I could only barely grind her pussy if I used all of my strength.

However, a method of cheating suddenly came up to me.

(Telekinesis! Go!)

I use my telekinesis to grab my penis and move it to rub around Lola’s pussy.

Ah-- ! No way ! What is thiiis ❤❤❤! I’ve never had a cock like this before~~ ❤❤❤!”

The sudden grind pleasures her intensely.

However I was about to cum.

Lola, I’m gonna cum! Cum with me!” I encourage her.

AHN ! No, if we cum together I’ll be on the losing side ! Nhooo ! I must hold on ❤❤❤!”

Lola, you lustful woman, take my seed and cum!”

I ejaculate tons inside her, making me hold my breath a moment.

HMMMM ❤❤❤! I’M… ❤❤❤ CUMMING ❤❤❤!!!”

Lola comes for the second time.

Two to one.

Her juices fly out ten meters behind me, impressing the crowd that surprisingly doesn’t say much about it, although I hear moans around me.

Looking up, I see that all of the Amazonesses are fingering their pussies and massaging their tits while looking at me.

The sight arouses me and my cock gets as hard as when I started.

Concentrating back on Lola, I see her furious blush and her teeth biting on her lip.

“Edward of the Skies… I’m not losing this! I want you to be mine!”

One of her legs squeezes me into her, holding me in place while the other swings out and back to the inner side, making us roll over the ground.

Lola takes the upper position once more and gets my dick out of her.

“As the chieftain, I know of a forbidden technique that will make you cum!”

She takes a finger to her mouth and sucks on it. I watch in confusion.

(What technique? What will she do?)

Using her other hand she gently pinches my right nipple. Then, she guides her now moist finger to my penis and then my balls.

My asshole is poked with her finger.

“No… Not this!” I mutter.

Forbidden technique, saliva-covered lust finger !”

She plunges her finger and pokes inside with it.

Hmm…!” It feels weirdly good and painful. “Hmm!!… If it’s forbidden, don’t use it!”

To counterattack, I unleash my thinking speed at its maximum potential.

My hand cannot reach her own asshole, nor do I have any equipment on me.

However she clearly felt it from her nipples earlier! But they’re too far!

I quickly grab Lola’s free arm and pull her to me, making her fall on top of me.

Her breasts slam my head back on the carpet.

(I can reach them! Her nipples!)

I move my head around and quickly arrive to an erect nipple. Giving it lots of little bites and love, Lola starts feeling it.

“Ahn ❤! No ❤… Not my nipples again ❤!”

She tries to pull herself back up, but I’m firmly attached and I don’t let go.

Using telekinesis I bend my dick and make it burrow inside her pussy.

“YAAAHH ❤❤❤! How ❤!? Your dick ❤! It’s inside me ❤❤❤!”

I move my hips by reflex but Lola’s finger is still stimulating me inside. Moving myself is a bad idea.

Although I’m making Lola feel good again, I’m already about to cum, putting us back at an equal score just one point before a victory.

“Damn it! I’m coming for the second time!”

I cum inside Lola again and her pussy coils violently around my dick, sucking in every drop out of me.

“Hahn ❤… Two ❤… For ❤! Two ❤! I’m so ❤… Close ❤! To winning ❤! Hah ❤!”

Lola’s finger crawls inside me, giving my prostate too much stimulation.

I concentrate on whirling my dick inside Lola with telekinesis.

The use of mental power also lessens my sensitivity a little as I get tired.

Uhn ! Stahp it! Stahp moving your dick inside meee ❤❤❤! Stahp biting my nipple ❤❤❤!”

Lola’s pleading falls on uncaring ears. I was about to win.

“Let yourself feel good, Lola! Go ahead and climax for me!”

Nhooo ! I don’t want to lose ❤❤❤! Haaaah ❤❤❤!”

Lola removes her finger from me and pushes me aside, taking some distance.

She breathes heavily on the moist carpet, unable to think clearly.

(As a famous writer once put it, this is my struggle, mein kampf, so I need a final solution to win. It’s time to finish this!)

I walk behind her head and squat over her face, guiding my shaft to her mouth and plugging her mouth-pussy.

HURGLMMM ❤❤❤!?”

I tease both of her nipples with my hands, pulling and pushing them between my fingers.

I fuck Lola’s throat, and as expected, from looking at her expression I’m definitely the first to ever do so.

Her inexperience, surprise and sudden submission confuses her sense of pleasure.

HUMMM ! MMMM ❤❤❤! MMMNOOO ❤❤❤! MNOOO ❤❤❤!”

Her cunt suddenly climaxes for all to see, a spray of love juice flying high in the air, even touching a few masturbating Amazonesses who come at the sight.

I get up with my hard dick dripping with saliva, close to cumming.

“It’s my win, Lola of the Stars!”

Haffu ❤… Haffu ❤… Yes, I lost ! You… Are free! Nobody can hope to own such a strong man!”

“Great!… You fought well, chieftain Lola.”

“Thank you, strongman Edward of the Skies.”

“… HeyCan you help me cum, I’m close, so…” I ask, wondering if it’s rude to ask this.

“It’d be my honor and duty to do so!” Lola replies as she eyes my cock.

Lola gets on her knees.

Her hand wraps around it and starts pumping my dick.

I grab her breasts and massage them around. “Can I cum with these instead?” I ask.

“With breasts?” She asks back.

“Here, let me show you.”

I place my dick between her two big melon-sized boobs.

I start fucking her soft and mellow breasts.

Hn ❤… This is weird…”

“I’m almost done!”

I make full use of her breasts and feel them around not just with my dick but also my hands.

I cum inside her boobs and stop moving, enjoying the moment. “Haaaah… Thank you, Lola.”

“Un.”

The crowd slowly disperses, women wispering to each other.

Lola gets up and gazes into my eyes. “I’ll wash up in the river tomorrow, hopefully your seed will bless me tonight.”

“… Yes…” A weird boner pops up as I imagine the chieftain sleeping with my semen between her breasts and inside her womb, hoping to get pregnant.

Leaving a child in another world wasn’t something I was ready for, but I couldn’t just purify her womb, it would definitely be perceived negatively. I wasn’t sure whether or not I could even make a baby with an Amazoness.

I dress myself and rejoin Claire and Suzy, crossing many moist spots in the dirt. The women look at me shyly.

T-This place’s culture is quite something, right, Claire?” Suzy comments with a twitching smile.

“I-It sure is… Heh heh…” Claire replies with a similar expression.

Lin Hao, Raquel and Danielo come around. It seemed they had walked away once they understood what the challenge was. I was thankful they didn’t just look on, but that begged the question why Claire did stay and watch.

I could understand why Suzy would stay, but Claire?

As I look at her, it seems my gaze give away my thoughts.

“I-I stayed in case you got hurt!” Claire replies.

Oh… Thanks… Then, I’ll go wash up in the river.”

I walk to the river with Suzy and rinse myself.

Now that we had the right to live in the village for now, it was time to get money and accommodations.

13