A strange deal
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jax woke up in Ian’s closet, locked in. Last night he was thrown into it, just to make sure he didn’t try to escape. “OI! GET UP!” Jax pounded on the door, screaming at the top of his lungs. He stopped quickly, remembering that he could wake Rin….He wandered around the closet, it was quite large... He wandered more, looking at fancy clothing... Old clothing..... Childhood clothing..?

He kept his childhood clothes... Weird.

He found old photos of him and Ian stored away in the close... Back when Ian wasn’t a jerk... Something caught his eye. Something silver. He carefully grabbed the box and shook it trying to guess what could be in it. He turned the box over and over in his hands, noting that it had a keyhole... A key. He needed a key. He continued to spin it in his hands... R.C, the initials were engraved on the box’s left corner... R.C... Raven? That's the only R name he knew.  Just then Ian opened the door, Jax fumbled with the box in panic, finally shoving it behind his back.

“Find some clothes, and go shower. I’m going out in a few you’re going to accompany me.” Ian declared, his voice was demanding. He stepped out so Jax could leave the closet. Jax’s head turned towards Ian, He growled some.

“ I have no clothes, you fool!” Jax yelled. He despised the way Ian tried to demand him

“I already fixed that issue, mutt.“ Ian laughed, Jax watched as Ian snapped his fingers, an old worn down trunk, price tag stickers, monsters stickers, and a few knife pictures on it appeared. “I left for your house last night and gathered these.“ Ian’s tone was low, but mocking.

Jax opened the trunk “Sneaky bastard.. “Jax muttered under his breath as he grabbed his old dark grey hoodie, some jeans, and a blue sweater “Jack Ass” Jax muttered as he left for the bathroom.

Jax exited the shower wrapping a towel around his waist, for a few minutes, he listened for footsteps to see if any one was there. Nothing. No noise. He walked out and looked around.. Ian wasn’t around. He dried off getting dressed, the hoodie was carelessly thrown to the side.

Falling onto the bed, he let his mind wander.. ‘This bed is soft ‘ was the last thought he had as he fell asleep. His rest was short-lived, as Ian walked through the door, shaking Jax awake. Surprisingly, he was being quite gentle.

“Hey. Get up. It’s time to go.”

Jax was half awake, his mind barely processing what Ian said. He had gotten no sleep in the closet that night.

“Fine “ Jax grumbled, standing up and trudging over to Ian. Subconsciously he was letting his head rest on Ian's shoulder, it wasn't until the two had stepped outside that Jax realized what he had done. Jolting his head off Ians shoulder and looking away from him hiding a slight redness in his face, and his frustrated look.

“Aw, is little Jaxy tired? Did he not sleep?” Ian mocked Jax, cruelty. He was being cruel in his mockings. He heard a click.. Looking at Ian, and then where Ian was looking.. His collar. Ian had put a leash on the collar.

¨You little- get this off me!¨ Ian just stayed quiet with a small smirk as Jax yelled at him. After a little walking, Ian had removed the leash. He didn’t want to anger Jax too much... At least not yet. After a short while, they reached a subway.

“Why are we going on a subway?” Jax asked, his guard rising from slight fear as he walked past other demons

“Well do you want to walk to the other side of the city?” Ian’s tone was sarcastic. Damn smart bastard.

“Tch. No..” Jax muttered as they stepped onto the train, the door closing behind them. So many demons...Ian pushed Jax to the floor, not giving him the chance to sit in a seat. “Really?” Jax muttered 

“Yes, “ Ian remarked. it wasn’t till a little while later Jax had remembered the box with raven’s initials

“Hey Ian so what do you know about Raven?” Jax asked, not really wanting to have a conversation with him, but he needed answers.

“ Why do you want to know about Raven?” Ian questioned Jax's thoughts before answering. “She's like a mother to the others.. She loves that cloak she wears.. Never seems to remove it.. Oh yeah, she used to be an au traveler.. What else.. Oh! She wears this key.. Well, it's not really a key, a full one at least. It's half of one. Jocey has the other half, it's always around his neck. He knows what the key is used for, but won't say… S-” Ian was abruptly stopped, as another demon, much taller, had sat down next to him.. Seemingly waiting. He sat back in the seat, sitting up taller and began to speak to the demon.

“okay..” Jax mumbled, upset that Ian was cut off, but knowing better than to speak up about it. as thoughts ran through his head, eventually feeling drowsy and falling asleep.

He has woken up once again, this time getting a sharp kick to the side from Ian.

“Get up, it’s our stop.” The light outside of the subway was bright to the wolf’s eyes, He rubbed them slightly, blinking some. Finally, his vision settled. Demons crowding around and moving, many in suits, some in dresses, the demon Ian was talking to, was with them. It was talking to Ian, both were talking in low voices, so Jax couldn’t hear. Nonetheless, he strained to listen

. “..10,000? They must be insane..” Ian’s voice. Money. They were talking about money. This interested Jax a bit.. He strained to hear more.

“..Yes... Yes, I know..” Jax’s ear’s steered off towards another area, the demon's voice was odd. It was deep and raspy, yet it still sounded young. Young, but wise. This was confusing, he shook his head, and once again, he listened in.

“How much should we push..? Because that is not enough..”

10,000,000.?”

Sounds reasonable enough..”

Now, Jax was really interested. He was curious to see how this was going to go down.

Ian turned around “Jax. Meet DP, one of my... close ‘friends’..” Jax got a better look at DP now. Slouched over because the subway was too small... He would be around 8 feet if he was standing up... Jax knew that. DP was a dark grey creature, with one blue eye... The suit he wore was like the others, black, fancy, clean. The only difference was that his name was printed in cursive on the front pocket... Along with a red rose in the pocket. His horns were quite big, strangely. And he didn’t seem to have the normal demon tail like the others. Jax nodded, waving some.

“DP, This is Jax. My pet.”

Greetings there, Jax..” Jax looked at Ian and let out a low deep growl, DP smiled a little bit, before returning to his expressionless face “He isn’t trained... Is he..?” DP questioned Ian, looking at him.

Ian seemingly tensed up some, smacking the side of Jax’s head “No he isn't. My apologies DP... “ Ian muttered, not looking at DP, but glaring down at Jax. He and DP turned around and continued walking. Soon they reached a tall black and grey skyscraper Ian had dragged Jax into the building.

There was a grey desk he presumed was the reception desk. Ian and DP had walked up to the receptionist and scanned what he had presumed to be ID..

Where had they gotten them?

Shortly after, an elevator opened and they walked in.  Once inside Ian pushed the button for floor 81.

Will you do the talking.. Or shall I..? I don’t like speaking as you know..” DP asked

“I will.. No worries, I have a trick up my sleeve.” Ian smiled some, that sadistic grin Jax hated so much. He looked back at Jax.The elevator made a small dig as the doors opened to the 81st floor. The floor started as a long wide hallway. Its gold and red carpet told Jax that these must be fancy parts of the place. The large dark wooden doors were lined with a strange metal, one he didn’t know existed. On each side of the hallway, there were pictures of different demons. They all had suits, and they all seemed “important”. One door was open, He heard talking, and a bit of shouting. Ian dragged Jax into the room, throwing him down onto the ground. He grumbled, getting up onto his feet. The room went silent

“What is a dead-beaten mutt doing in this building with us?” A man with a scruffy beard and glasses spoke up, his voice was gruff and annoyed. 

“He won't be any bothered to us “Ian’s tone was calm and collected, it eased the man. Ian and DP sat down in black oak chairs, they had red cushions and looked fairly comfortable. Ian had pushed Jax onto the floor next to him, muttering a few words he didn’t hear. The group started talking.

1