The Search for The Roukanken, Prelude
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As both Youmu and Reisen went inside, Youmu resisted the urge to hold Reisen's hand.

As if reading her thoughts, Reisen begins to speak.

"Go ahead if you want to hold hands."

"I... Are you sure about this?"

"Of course... We are lovers, aren't we?"

Reisen's eyes glistened, and Youmu's heart throbbed painfully upon looking straight at them.

The Rabbit smiled, as she then dragged the hypnotized swordswoman over to the altar room, where they see the Divine Miko praying.

"Divine Miko. Here's your personal swordswoman... Give her time to recover if you may."

Youmu's face is that of emptiness, and when the expressions returned, she begins to blush heavily.

"What's wrong? Are you perhaps... Sick?"

"No, Young Mistress."

"Then I guess I should just cut to the chase. You see that Toyohime had somehow became immortal, right?"

"I do. And my Hakuroken doesn't kill those who are undying, just like what happened back at the Hermit's."

Youmu refers to the time where she trained with Mokou, as the phoenix taught her new fighting techniques.

"That small sword can't. But I think this one can."

She handed over a small scroll, and opened it.

"This here tells about the legend of a sword imbued with light, that could cut through anything, even spirits. And that it can kill even immortals, severing their ability to never die, and then bringing them over to the netherworld."

"But it's just a legend, right?"

"It is no legend. It is real."

Reisen, Youmu and the Divine Miko turned around to see the figure of the Saint of Gensokyo. Her Noh Mask however is removed, revealing her face underneath.

"You are... The saint?"

"Ah, Yorihime-Sama. Good to see you're still able to come to the altar." Reisen greeted.

"Yorihime... Sama?"

Youmu then went on aggressively to pull out her sword.

"You deceived me. You are no saint... You are the one who conquered this land! Your sister... She kidnapped the Young Mistress!"

"There is no need to draw your sword, Konpaku. You now know who I truly am, but I do not share the same motives as Toyohime did. Forgive me for whatever harm she may have done."

"She's right, Youmu. Who did you think it is, who told me where the secret escape tunnel is?"

"So it's how it is, huh?"

Youmu then sheathed back Hakuroken back to it's scabbard before bowing in apology.

"Forgive me for my harsh behavior."

"It's alright. Oh and by the way, care to come and have some Pure Sake?"

"But... Why me? Why not a fellow Lunar Rabbit like Udonge--"

But then Yorihime coughed a bit, signalling that they really need to have a drink and a little private chat.

Youmu walked towards the famed Conqueror, and closed the door behind them. Yorihime leads Youmu to her room, and sat down behind a small table, on top of which are a small gourd of sake and 2 cups. Yorihime poured the sake into her cup and took a sip.

"So, what are we going to talk about?"

"That sword. It's real, and not just a legend. I believe it is hidden by the Buddhist Humans of Myouren. However most of the monks there strayed from their path, and wanted to achieve Immortality."

"Immortality? That's against the laws of Buddhism... Well ironically, the head priestess there is not human as well."

"We're not talking about the head priestess. It's the sword... I know they are hiding the sword there. I have heard from my scouts that an Ice Fairy is the culprit who gave them that treasured sword and they kept it."

"And they never used it since they don't want to sever what they are trying to achieve."

"Exactly. Even the Divine Miko disagrees with this, and want those punks punished. Can I be sure to count on you, to eliminate this threat? But remember, only kill the corrupt people, not the ones who stayed on The Head Priestess's path!"

"Understood."

"Oh, and before you go... I did invite you here to share a drink, didn't I?"

"Oh, I almost forgot. May I also take the gourd?"

"Sure, it's enough to only fill two cups this time. Be sure to give it to the right person, this stuff is strong."

"Alright. Might as well taste it as well, just for sampling."

Youmu then poured the sake into one of the cups, and drank from it.

"It feels... Warm inside."

"And...?"

All of a sudden, Youmu then felt two heavy strikes on the top of her skull, knocking her down face first onto the table.


Death

"Welp, I guess it is indeed strong..." Youmu said as she then woke up in front of the statue Kasen had sculpted, and placed beside the altar.

But now before she goes to Myouren, she needs to bring this gourd to Kasen. She would probably like it.

- To Be Continued

1