Chapter 1: The fairy and the rabbit
2.9k 17 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I don't know how long of my long and tedious life in the dark, a screen appears in my mind.

[Soul review completed!]

[Welcome to the world of Mantra]

I'd really like to scream about how weird this whole situation is, but I decide it's best to go by the script of who (or whatever) is doing this to me for now.

While I was having these thoughts, I started to feel that something was happening. It is a strange feeling, as if I am being released from something that binds me.

When my body has been released, I no longer feel that liquid enveloping me and I can finally move.

I see a radiant sky and can finally see around me.

"Freedom!" 

I stretch my body, after so much "sleeping" it is very satisfying to be able to move.

"So, what should I do ... Wait, what?"

My voice is very ... thin ?!

I start to look at my fingers and shudder at the sight, not that I was a muscular and virile man in my previous life, but at least I had broad hands.

Now they are very thin and delicate, as if I were a porcelain doll.

Groping around I realize that my body is like that of a girl in her early pre-teen years with short hair and non-existent breasts but since I don't have a mirror I can't see what exactly I look like but the part that surprises me the most is that there are two bulges on the back of my back, it looks like I have gained something like wings. 

Obviously my dear friend between my legs is gone, if I had known that one day I would lose it I would have worn it more often... Well, no use complaining about spilled milk.

More important is where I am, it looks like a ridiculously large forest, to the point that all the trees look like skyscrapers.

About the place I left, is that a cocoon? But for some reason, it seems to be shaped like a blooming flower.

I slide the petals off the flower and manage to glide with my wings to the ground. I have the impression that if I wanted to, I could easily fly but I'd better try that later.

It would be very depressing if I were to be killed within seconds of being born by some predatory bird around here.

I start walking and I can see the first creature I encounter in this new world, a rabbit.

Although rabbits normally shouldn't have horns, right? 

Much less be bigger than me... I feel like the time I saw an elephant in the zoo.

I hide among the foliage and start to look at the horned rabbit.

He seems to be looking for something, looking from side to side while sniffing with his snout.

After a while, the horned rabbit finds something and starts running frantically towards the target and I follow him.

When I arrive, what he is looking for is a mouse.

I say it is a mouse but the rodent is red with extremely sharp claws.

The two animals stare at each other while growling at each other, apparently they are analyzing each other waiting for the slightest movement of the opponent.

The first to move is the mouse, an aura appears around it and it gives an impulse opening its mouth trying to move.

Rabbit also reacts with a small aura appearing around him, doing a somersault and hitting the mouse with his paw, as if he were fighting capoeira.

The fight continues but the dynamic doesn't change much, with the mouse trying to attack frontally and Rabbit dodging it by striking with its legs.

Seeing the situation I think about what I should do, should I intervene? This has nothing to do with me and frankly I don't see how I could do anything with this delicate body.

While I am rambling on about my actions it seems that the fight has finally reached its climax.

Both seem very tired but you can see that the mouse is the one who is in the worst condition, the rabbit's strategy of "poke "* seems to have worked.

In the end, the mouse could not stand it and bled to death, being finished there.

Rabbit comes close to his dead opponent and eats the corpse fiercely.

But what caught my attention was that particles were coming out of the rat and going into the rabbit, but the rabbit doesn't seem to care about this and continues its meal peacefully.

After he finishes eating, Rabbit stays in the same position as before to locate enemies.

Is he a machine? 

He just got out of a battle and wants another...

Well, good luck, I better stop stalking and keep exploring.

Before I leave, I take another look and Rabbit slowly turns his head to where I am, our eyes meet slightly giving me chills down my spine.

"Shit"

I flap my wings as fast as I can to take off trying to get away and Rabbit realizing it runs up to me.

Is it just me or is he faster than before?

I keep flying but the horned rabbit is still chasing me over the ground at full speed.

I don't know how long I can keep flying but I better keep going.

After a few minutes I see a cliff.

"I just need to fly to the other side"

Or so I thought, but the rabbit jumps up sneaking between the tree branches.

"Are you by any chance a ninja?!"

He jumps at full speed while I'm grumbling kicking me in the air causing me to fall and roll on the ground.

"Am I going to die that fast..."

Rabbit seeing that I seem to have given up slowly walks over to me. Until now he hadn't shown any kind of expression, as if he were a robot but looking at him now he seems to be enjoying all this, as if he despises me.

"No chance I'm going to die like this!" As a desperate and pathetic act I threw dirt on him. The dirt ends up falling into Rabbit's eye and he starts screaming, getting really angry.

The Rabbit jumps up and tries to hit me but... he misses and falls into the ditch.

I float to the end of the cliff and Rabbit is still alive but lying on his stomach struggling to stay conscious, apparently he must have broken his spine.

"Too bad my friend, you know sometimes life is quite ironic"

He looks frantically at me even though he can't move.

I reach down and place my small hands on his soft neck and squeeze.

Rabbit twitches each time I squeeze. 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, after one more time the Rabbit's body finally gives in and stops moving.

"I'm sorry but I've decided that I'm still going to keep living, that's just the way it is".

When I have finished apologizing particles appear from the corpse just as they did with the mouse and engage me. [

["Mad Jumper Rabbit" Killed! ]

[You have gained 347 experience points]

[Experience limit reached, evolution will happen in 1 minute]

82