Chapter 8: The rise of an empress
1.5k 9 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, Mister Garlin I think we have a lot to talk about, don't we?"

A few minutes after that ovation we somehow managed to dissipate the crowd and went to the city castle along with mister Elder and the others, there are many things we need to do and everything is a mess but there is one more important thing to worry about.

The body of the dead dragon in the middle of the city? No.

The fact that both the king of the Orcs and his only brother are missing? No.

The body of Arch and the other chieftains of the forest races who are motionless? Also no.

To something more important than all that.

"What do you mean by saying I'm an empress?!"

I create an air spear and make it float, pointing it at Garlin, who I forced asked to get down on his knees in front of me while the others watch the scene behind me.

"and what more would you want? That's why you fought that dragon in the middle of town, isn't it?"

"You know, Lich bone must make great fertilizer" I spin the spear around almost touching it to Garlin's forehead.

What does he think I am? Just imagining myself confined to a castle passing amendments and controlling a parliament or doing diplomacy gives me the creeps.

Even when I was an executive I didn't like to do that kind of thing, even though I had the title of "director" in practice I spent most of my time coordinating operational work and doing some administrative parts.

"Charlotte-chan, Garlin is not to blame, if it wasn't for him probably someone else would have appointed you a similar title anyway" says Melisa interjecting.

"But why do I..."

"Monsters follow strong people gobu, even if you don't want to, now that you are some kind of celebrity they would follow you and do what you say anyway" Says Goburo agreeing.

" Mister Elder do you agree with that too?"

"Well, I already knew about your strength before. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened" Says Noburo while crossing his arms.

"No way, huh.... Sorry Garlin, I guess I was too hard on you"

I help him up by holding his bone cold hand and undo the air spear.

"No problem, I understand it must be confusing at first"

After I have made peace with Garlin I turn to everyone and start talking.

"Let's go to sleep it's late now, someone tomorrow please tell the guards to go around town and call as many citizens as they can to the gate of this castle"


Norman - POV

"Damn, damn, damn! Why did this have to happen?!" I throw the bottle of wine I was drinking at the wall.

After that embarrassment I managed to hide in a nearby abandoned house waiting for the opportunity to do something.

That damned child, everything is her fault! The city somehow wasn't destroyed so it looks like they got a hold of that dragon.

"Oh, my dear brother, I wonder what you would do now?"

I look at the motionless body of my brother that I brought with me.

My brother, Morgan, has always been a respected and acclaimed king, because of him we have not only gone from a wild tribe to build a functioning city but also have influence over all the races of the forest.

"And yet, you were so stupid to fall for this plan"

Those lines still haunt me to this day.

"Why do you still keep that pig in that castle? He just eats and sleeps.

"Look at that greasy body, it looks like an animal haha"

These kinds of comments were common within the castle.

Obviously they were all behind my back, as useless as I was I was still the son of the old leader as well as my brother so they still had to keep up appearances.

Since I was not strong enough to participate in the army, nor smart enough to take part in administrative matters, I just kept drinking and eating at the expense of the orcs' accounts while capturing some human carriages from time to time to have fun with the human women.

If my reputation was already low, after these actions it went to the bottom.

Still, my brother never gave up on me.

"You can still do something, everyone in this world has a function.

He would say something like that with a smile as he extended his hand to me.

"Now that everything is gone..."

I pick up a sword that was on the ground.

"In the end you were the person I hated the most"

I move the sword cutting Morgan's head separating it from his neck with one blow.

That stupid smile no matter the situation, the pride and determination no matter how difficult the problem he was facing.

It all irritated me.

I had to swallow these feelings since I would never beat him in a fair fight for the throne...

That is until the day when I was in my room that man appeared from the leftovers.

"Do you hate all this? Do you want something more?" 

"And what would you know about it?! Just get out!" I said without caring how bizarre it was that he suddenly appeared.

"More than you think, if you want I can help you, what do you say?"

He was saying extending his hand to me. 

I had nothing else to do, I would be in this mediocre life forever anyway, so I accepted his help.

The man then gave me that strange liquid saying that with it anyone who drank it would become my slave, besides controlling some guards with a strange magic making them practically immortal.

I felt powerful and incredible for the first time in my life, with this power that I had gained I helped him to design a plan to create the biggest empire of monsters that this world has ever seen.

We take someone from each race hostage, forcing the leader of each race to drink the liquid, saying that as soon as they drink it in the council we will release them.

Children, wives, close friends, i.e. someone this person considered was captured by the Orc guards.

The ace of this plan was that we managed to capture the elder of the Kobolds by forcing his assistant and probable future leader of the Kobolds to drink as well.

The only ones we couldn't do that were the Goblins since we had no idea where they hide in their territory, the Succubbus since that creepy woman they call Melisa would figure out at some point how to dissipate the liquid, and finally the living dead who were the only ones not affected.

We decided then that it was better just to beat them until they accepted it on the spot.

That human then said that he managed to piss off a dragon that lived in the black dragon territory and that he would come here but I was not to worry since the modified Orc guards would be enough to defeat him, even if it means some deaths among the citizens.

How would I claim the leadership in this fight and be able to say that I am the strongest and control the forest, well that was the plan

Not even in my wildest dreams would i believed who everything be destroyed by a fairy.

"Attention, the empress is demanding that everyone in the city go to the castle!" Shouts a guard in the street.

Empress? What is this idiot talking about? It seems that the order is serious, so I leave the abandoned house with a hood and blend in with the crowd going to the castle.


(continuation of Norman POV)

"Do you know why we were asked to come here?"

"I have no idea, I heard that someone considers themselves to own the forest and wants to make it clear to everyone"

"Seriously, how much do these people thirst for power?"

"Well, she defeated a dragon by herself, that person must be ridiculously strong"

Several people start talking about who this self named empress is.

Apparently she is the person who defeated the dragon, some people are saying absurd things like she can control the weather or about how she created a gale that blew up the dragon.

Frankly, I heard the explosions last night too so the fight was probably violent but even if this person is strong enough to defeat that dragon the stories are over exaggerated.

"Attention the pronouncement will begin!"  A guard shouts opening the castle gate.

"Thank you, now leave it to me" 

A childish and serene voice can be heard answering the guard leaving the castle.

Suddenly something comes flying out of the gate at high speed and stops high up where everyone can see.

A girl with short blue hair wearing a white dress with two wings sticking out of her back.

It was that damned fairy again.

"Lady and gentlemen, as you may have heard around, from today on I will control the entire forest. Chief, empress, demon, I don't care what you are going to call me for it..."

She had a serious expression on her face different from when she was talking to Noburo at the time of the attack.

And what does she mean by controlling the whole forest? It should be me!

"What is this child saying. You dominate everyone?"

"Haha has this fairy gone crazy?"

Thankfully, some people seem to understand me and protest this insanity.

Damn, one day you'll see, for now I'd better keep a low profile.

Charlotte - POV

"Aah, I knew it would be hard..."

There are way more people today than yesterday, I think the guards took our orders literally and brought the whole town in.

It turns my stomach to think that I said I control the whole place but I've already decided to do that so I'll go all the way.

Obviously not everyone received the news as well as yesterday when those who were there saw first hand my fighting, so some people are complaining about it making the place noisy.

What should I do? Hmm...

"silence"

A gale starts from me spinning the whole place and makes several of the monsters in the place fall to the ground. After my fight with the fire dragon I feel that my control over the wind has improved a lot.

The more experience you gain some of your status improves making your control over that attribute better, so I am slightly stronger than before.

"Anyone who wants to can step forward and face me anytime, how about it? We may be in society, have cities and laws but who cares? We are mere monsters, in the end what decides who commands here..."

I then let some of my mana leak out, just enough so that everyone can feel a slight discomfort.

"... IS THE STRONGEST!!!"

Looking at the reaction of the people on the surface, some are clearly afraid as if they have seen some kind of demon, others for some reason are looking at me with admiration.

"I am no tyrant, if anyone wants they can come and face me, if they beat me I will gladly surrender until then...all of you and any being in this forest are under my command"

I then step down placing my foot on the ground again.

"Haha has this woman gone crazy? I knew that one day those decrepit elders would weaken for good"

"She's a mage, if we get together fast enough she won't be able to defeat us"

That was faster than I thought.

About ten Orcs and Gargoyles with axes and swords surrounded me as soon as I came down.

"Take that!" The Orc who seems to be the leader tries to hit me with an axe.

I just turned to the side and the axe was stuck in the ground.

"Damn it, come out! What are you waiting for? Attack!" The Orc orders the others as he tries to get his axe off the ground.

They then try to attack me simultaneously.

"What a bunch of idiots..."

I stretch out my arm and out of it a mini whirlwind comes tearing each one's body apart as everyone eyes the scene.

"Finally... Huh?" When the Orc leader manages to get his axe off the ground he looks to the side and sees that all his friends are already dead.

"D-demon, damn it!"

He then tries to slash me again only this time I take out my dagger and jump up holding onto the axe and slitting his throat.

The orc died instantly spurting some blood in my face.

"So... Anyone else want to try?"

I give a smile to everyone in town as I ask but they just look at me in horror and I can hear the sound of someone vomiting in the background.

"..."

"No one?" 

I unintentionally end up laughing in the middle of everyone only being able to hear my laughter in the background

... And that's how I was officially recognized by everyone in the forest for good or bad.

54