chapter 3 – Clipping the wings and dominance
74 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I used sword flying to move across the mountain. however, I moved slowly. seeing the mountains from above was fun. I have never really appreciated nature. most of my life was spent fighting so seeing these was refreshing. I could see many winged race people and they stared at me but I just waved my hand since I did not know whether they were sentient beings or not. soon I heard screeching from the mountains and my divine sense picked up a few people. there were humans and a two-winged race? oh no! seems like they were being hunted down. so I immediately directed my sword to where these people were and went to the mountain. Inside the cave, I could see two winged races trapped in a cage surrounded by a few humans. these idiots never learn. in every universe, they are the same using others to satisfy their greed. they noticed me. "hey who are you?" they asked. i never really needed to know. I used soul-searching art and the human died instantly. from what it seems they are of an organization called Cerberus. they were poachers and wanted to sell the winged race harpies to make more money. "so Cerberus huh. pretty weird name." i muttered and killed the other men. the harpies were pretty shaken with fear. as  I went near them, they backed away. "listen, ladies, I won't hurt you. I am only here to free you." i said and unlocked the cage. I then backed away so that they feel secure. living for almost 500 decades, I am prudent enough to know how a man should behave. unlike those royalties whom I completely hate, I knew how precious life was. soon the harpies came out and thanked us. I told them they should rest for a while before heading out since the sun was setting. as the temperature began to drop, I made a coat of yang Qi over the two harpies. i started a small fire outside the cave and sat there looking at the stars. I sat there in a trance until and harpy came and introduced herself. "hello my name is nemu" she said and I told her I was Ryoko Tempest.

"so Mr. Ryoko why are you here? in these mountains?" she asked. she was a pure soul. I could not sense any malicious intent. when a world defying god realm cultivator says that, there is no chance of mistaking it. "oh, I am here to visit Fulbrosia. I am on a journey so I am visiting every country and seeing their cultures." i said. I took out a few boxes of food which miss Kaede had packed me. both the harpies were eyeing the foodstuff and drooling. i chuckled a little. mortals need to control their desires. it's a good thing that this world was not into cultivation or else they would be filled with heart demons. "you need some?" i asked and nemu nodded. I gave her a few pieces but it seems the other harpy was hesitating. "hey if you want it to take it. I won't mind, you know?" i said and the other one took it. "so nemu what are you doing in such a place and how did you get captured?" i asked. and nemu thought for a while. "i was sent on a mission? but i forgot? and i got a good place to sleep?" nemu said tilting her head. the other harpy told us that nemu was sent on a mission. but since she is very lazy, she slept in the cave in a cozy spot and got captured." so this harpy likes to sleep. i told the harpies to take a rest and i started meditating but this time I made sure not to release any qi. even in the cultivating world, I never really joined a sect or clan. I was a lone wolf. I was known by many names death god, war god, destruction god, overlord. but I never wanted these. all I wanted was to live peacefully and explore whatever the world had to offer. soon I had absorbed enough magicules and had more than enough heavenly dao to make universes thousandfold. soon it was dawn and I woke nemu. "nemu.. wake up. oi. birdbrain wake up." i yelled and both harpies got up. when I told her it was dawn and I had to leave she suggested that I could come with her. and I accepted thinking it was a good idea. but it was a really bad one.

when we arrived at fulbrosia, many harpies gave me weird looks. but seeing that the harpies were an all female race, I could understand they would not have seen men. so i did not think about it. "nemu sama welcome back and who is that?" the guard asked nemu. "he was the one who saved me." nemu said and i followed nemu inside. soon we came to another door. two more guards slightly stronger than the previous one stood guard. "is frey sama inside." nemu asked and the guard nodded and opened the door. inside the room, a female harpy was sitting and she had a very dignified aura around her. most probably she was the queen. "demon lord frey sama I have returned." nemu said as I was still seeing around the room. it was well furnished and well decorated. it had really good aesthetic value. "oh, nemu and who is this man?" she asked. "he is Ryoko tempest, he is the person who saved me and Freya from poachers when I fell asleep." she said. the woman called Frey narrowed he eyes on me and asked, "how would you know if he did all this to enter fulbrosia to kidnap our race?" she asked. this made me angry. i did not show it. "miss, if you are accusing me of kidnapping the harpies, choose your words very carefully." i said as I narrowed my eyes on that harpy. "oh why should I, you are in my territory you know? talking like this to a demon lord?" she said and released her aura. in this world may be demon lords are the pinnacle of existence but for me it was nothing. I released my heavenly dao and the whole climate changed. the skies darkened and the mountains trembled. the pressure made frey look like a lost puppy. Frey was unable to lift her head. except for nemu most of the harpies were affected. "do you understand women. you may be a demon lord but to me, you are just a winged bird. I will be staying at the peak adjacent to this one. when you repent, come and see me." i said and started walking outside. I had done the one thing exactly I had not wanted to do. etched fear into their minds. made them think I was some kind of evil person. I went to the adjacent mountain, found a cave, and started calming myself.

third POV: frey was very sure she would make the man tell what his intentions are by coercing him. after all she was a demon lord. she felt he was a normal human but in an instant, it changed. from her least dangerous list, the man had made it to the most dangerous one. every harpy except nemu was forced to kneel and the mountain started trembling. this aura surpassed the demon lords. the man named Ryoko Tempest was right. if he wanted to he could kidnap every harpy. to him she, the demon lord was also just a winged bird. "nemu why didn't you warn me?" frey asked as every harpy entered the room. "well, it was honestly your fault frey sama." nemu said. everyone was shocked that nemu accused frey, their leader. "you just accused the man who saved me and gave me food and protected me when I slept of kidnapping. he only wanted to come and learn how we live and what we do in fulbrosia. his dream was to travel around every country and you accused him of something he never had a part in." nemu said shocking frey. frey understood how foolish she was. she got up and patted nemu's head. "yes, I was the one in fault nemu. I am sorry." frey said shocking the harpies. "listen, I will deal with him. speak of this incident to no one. it's good that he put a barrier around our mountain. otherwise, the other nations would have known something was happening. I repeat, do not speak of this to anyone else." the harpies nodded. thus only the people in fulbrosia knew what had happened that day while the whole world was clueless. Frey decided to visit Ryoko to apologize in some time.

1