chapter 4 – Reconciliation
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

the look of fear in the harpy's faces haunted me and it pained me to see how much destruction i caused. I only wanted a friend. what was wrong with that. It was almost night and I took out made a desk out of wood qi. i sat down and started writing down my adventures in the notebook. these books were the records of my life. i wanted to be remembered for the good things I did and not the bad ones. so I wrote books so that the future generations would remember me. as i was engrossed in writing, I sensed a presence coming towards my cave. I knew who it was. it was that harpy queen who thought of herself as cunning and smart when all she did was anger me. "what do you want now?" i asked and she just asked if she could come in and i agreed. "i am sorry." she said and i could feel it. it was an honest sincere sorry. I couldn't stay angry always. so i sighed and told her that i was also sorry that i behaved rashly. I soon went back to writing. she kept staring at me but i did not mind. "what are you writing?" she asked and I told her it was not her business. she was pushy so I had to tell her. violence is not the solution for everything. "this book contains an infinite number of pages. so I am writing my adventures so that one day when I am gone, someone will read this and think that someone like me existed. places like that existed. people like that existed and entertainment like that existed. a diary." i said and she was surprised that there were infinite pages. i gave her the book to examine and she did and i proved I wasn't lying. "so Ryoko who are you?" she asked. I just stared at her. "why do you want to know?" i asked. most people try to use me for their gains and when their plans fail, they label me as a demon, an evil god. i did not want that to happen in this world.

"I am just asking. that power you let out there. I know it wasn't even your full power yet your power rivaled that of the ancient demon lords. I am the queen of my country. I have to make sure my people are safe." she said and I could understand her worries. "okay frey, since you ask this as the leader and overseer of the harpies I put my trust in you." i said and she smiled and nodded. "i am a world traveler. i come from a different world. I am immortal and have lived around fifty thousand years. since I have been focused on improving my powers, I decided I would not do the same in this world. so i set out on a journey to get a few friends and meet new people." upon hearing this Frey was shocked but she soon accepted the fact. "so the power you used was not magic?" she asked and I shook my head. "however if you want me to use magic, it would most likely have the same effect." i said and frey told me she does not want to experience that. we were chatting about various topics and soon the air had become cold. so i used my fire qi to make a coating on frey to protect her from protection. I asked her how she was comfortable around me and Frey said she had a friend who was twenty thousand years old and was overpowered and she was free-spirited. "don't leave the girl alone frey. for people who live too long, time is the cruelest. keep being her friend." i said since it was the same case with me and soon frey returned.

Frey's POV: I informed my subordinates that I was going to see the man Ryoko tempest and told them to brace for any danger. when I went in he asked me what I wanted and I could detect a slight hostility in that man's voice. but he told me to enter and accepted my apology. he kept scribbling something without even looking at me. This was rude to a lady. I asked him what he was writing and he told it was his adventures. he said it had infinite pages and i couldn't believe it. but it was true. it had infinite pages. the pages he had written kept going on and on. i asked him who he was and he revealed to me his identity as a world traveler. he told me if he released his magic it would cause a similar pressure. so this man really could rival ancient demon lords. he said he was fifty thousand years old and the first one who came to my mind was milim. I told him about milim and he told me to keep supporting the girl. 'for those who live too long, time is the cruelest.' I knew he spoke from experience. maybe I would like to hear about his adventures. he knew that cold weather was really bad for harpies and soon energy enveloped me. it was really warm and gentle and it was as if I could sense Ryoko's soul. I returned and i was honestly quite happy to chat with someone. the guard asked me, "frey sama you are smiling. did something happen?" she asked and I just replied, "let's say I gained a friend." maybe being with him was not so bad.

I knew how hard it was for birds to sleep at night since the cold affected them. so I put a huge barrier of fire qi around the kingdom. "this is my way of saying sorry harpies. sleep tight." i said and I started meditating. that night in fulbrosia, every harpy slept well without fearing the cold. but only Frey knew who it was as she looked towards the direction where Ryoko was and smiled. Ryoko, a man full of mysteries and wonders, frey thought to herself.

 

1