Chapter-02
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up before dawn, changing into workout clothes and going for a run around our neighborhood. This was just one of the many things I would start doing in order to train for the U.A entrance exams. I would also train with my dad, trying to help me get better control over my quick Telekinesis. My quirk lets me manipulate any non-organic object within a set range around me, so sadly I can’t just use my quirk to lift a villain into the air and end a fight. Despite that, I think my quirk is pretty powerful, if I do say so myself. But enough about my quirk for now today was the U.A entrance exams. After months of training, it was finally time for the U.A entrance exams. Going home after my run, I packed my school bag before heading to the testing site. Ruri had left earlier, so I didn’t see her on my way there.

Approaching the two larger towers of U.A highschool I stood outside of the gate staring in awe of its size. Taking a deep breath, I took a step into the long walkway towards the entrance of the school, admiring the statues of heroes that lined it. Entering the main building, I followed the other examinees into the auditorium and found myself an empty seat and scanned the room for Ruri. I eventually saw her sitting on the other side of the room talking with a girl with orange hair tied into a ponytail. Feeling disappointed that I couldn’t sit next to my friend, I saw the hero Present Mic walk onto the stage. He had a pretty famous radio show that my dad liked to listen to, so it was a welcome surprise to see a hero I was familiar with. Standing up on a podium Present Mic spoke “WELCOME TO TODAY’S LIVE PERFORMANCE!!!. EVERYBODY SAY HEY!!!”

Not stopping to think about it, I put my hands around my mouth and shouted at the pro hero. “HEEEY!!” as I screamed to match the hero. I noticed I was the only one shouting. My cheeks quickly flushed as I sat down, letting out an embarrassed chuckle as I scratched my cheek with a finger. I also saw Ruri chuckling from across the room.

“WELL ATLEAST ONE OF YOU HAS SPUNK! WELL THAT’S COOL MY EXAMINE’S! ARE YOU READY FOR THE PRACTICAL GUIDELINES!?! YEAH!!”

Silence filled the room before Present Mic explained the exam. We would be split into separate testing locations where we would have to fight three varieties of mock villains and try to accumulate points. As I examined the paper, I noticed how it showed our machines rather than three. I was about to raise my hand and ask when a tall, dark-haired boy with glasses jumped up before me.

“May I ask a question?! There appear to be nor fewer than four mock villains on this hand out! Such a Blatant error, if it is one, is highly unbecoming for U.A, Japan’s top academy!! We’re all here today hoping to be molded into model heroes.” the boy then turned to a small looking boy seated nearby him “And you with the curly hair. You’ve been mumbling this whole time, and it’s rather distracting. If you will not take this seriously, leave.” As he said this, the boy, he called out, mumbled something quietly, which made me feel bad for the kid. I hadn’t even noticed his mumbling before this, let alone was it enough for him to be embarrassed in front of everyone. 

After that, Present Mic finally answered the tall boy’s question. “NICE CATCH EXAMINEE 7111. YOU CAN THINK OF THE FOURTH BOT AS A SORT OF OBSTACLE! IT’S WORTH ZERO POINTS AND WILL RUN CRAZY IN TIGHT SPACES SO YOU SHOULD DO YOUR BEST TO AVOID IT!”

Before sitting down, the tall boy apologized for the interruption as Present mic continued on with the explanation.

“NOW THATS ALL FROM ME!! I’LL LEAVE MY LISTENERS WITH OUR SCHOOL MOTTO! THE GREAT HERO NAPOLEON BONAPARTE ONCE SAID ‘TRUE HEROISM CONSISTS IN BEING SUPERIOR TO THE ILLS OF LIFE’ PLUS ULTRA!!”

With that, we were herded out of the auditorium and onto our respective buses and driven to our testing grounds. Stepping outside, we grouped out the testing gate where I looked for anyone I recognised while waiting for the countdown, only to be surprised by Present Mic’s voice coming from the top of a tower. “AND BEGIN! WHAT WRONG? THE TEST STARTED!! RUN!! RUN!! THE DIE IS CAST!”

When he said that, the crowd standing outside the gate rushed through, with most of the students running down the main street, trying to destroy as many targets as possible. I instead turned into one of the smaller alleys where I ran into a one-pointer. Its head quickly turned to look, locking onto me as it sped my direction. “Okay, these things looked way cuter in the drawings.” 

Rolling under its first swing, I used my quirk, a pinkish hue covering the bot’s neck as it was crushed, separating the head from the rest of its body; the metal crunching like paper mache as it crumpled to the floor. Putting my hands on my hips, I looked up triumphantly. “Alright, that wasn’t so hard, I got this.”

With a minor victory achieved, I continued following the side streets, taking out one small but after another until I ran into a scorpion looking bot that I identified as a two pointer. It was a quick fight since I used my quirk to force its tail through its main body. In all honesty, I found the two pointers the easiest to deal with. I went along with the process of slowly eliminating bots taking one and two pointers along with the occasional three pointer. 

Having finished another two pointer, I could already feel myself running out of breath even though I had only accumulated 37 points. When I was calculating my point total, the loud rumbling from the main road and the screams of some of the other examinees alerted me to a potential problem. Running out to the main street, I saw what the panic was all about as the looming shadow of the enormous zero pointer loomed over me. With my mouth gaping wide open in shock, I mumbled to myself. “I know they said to avoid it, but they should have at least made it possible to defeat, right?”

Just as I was going to run back into the alley and avoid the obstacle and try to get more points, I heard the screams of a girl. Turning around saw a small blacked haired girl trapped under some rubble right in the beast's path. Looking back into the alley, I clenched my eyes tight. “I’m going to regret this.” 

Before running out towards the girl lifting the debris off her with my quick but not fast enough as the giant machine appeared before us, attempting to swing at us with one of its massive arms. I sighed internally, realizing my quirk wouldn’t work on something so big so instead I used my quirk to move the arm off course, causing it to slam into the side of a building dust and rock flying across the street. 

Picking the girl up, I could feel blood trickling down my chin from the overuse of my quirk.But we couldn’t move fast enough and the zero-pointer quickly recovered. The bot then threw another punch that I knew I wouldn’t be able to avoid or misdirect, so I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact only to be met with a gust of wind.

“IT’S ALL OVER.” slowly opening my eyes I saw the giant robot hand frozen just in front of me. Sighing in relief, I sat the girl down, then fell onto my butt. “That was a close one.”

3