Chapter-03
45 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Still sitting on my butt, I could feel the warm drip of blood across my face. I guess I overdid it a little with my quirk. Still sitting there, I finally worked up the courage to stand, my legs shaking violently as I did so. Now standing, I turned around to see a short woman in what looked like a nurse uniform walking towards me with an angry face. “What you did could have gotten you seriously hurt.”

Looking down at her, a nervous smile plastered on my face, “Sorry.” she looked at me with a disappointed grimace as she kissed my hand. When she did so, I could feel the energy drain out of me, although the pain from my nosebleed disappeared. Walking away, I neglected to introduce myself to the girl. I save my mind to focus on my new life goal, sleep. I texted my dad to come pick me up rather than going home by train. I lacked the energy for that. So my dad left his agency earlier and after about 30 minutes of waiting, he arrived in front of U.A. Getting into the car I slumped back into the seat, closing my eyes wanting to go to sleep only to be stopped by my dad’s voice. 

“So is this a ‘I’m so tired because I tried my best’ or ‘I did horrible and need ice cream?” he looked at eyes before turning his focus back to the road.

Groaning, I eventually willed myself to speak. “I tried my best dad, don’t worry. But we can still get the ice cream right.” I produced a wide toothed smile and put on my I’m the best daughter in the world's eyes.

“Yes, we can still get ice cream, though I must ask why didn’t you clean the blood off your face?” when he said that, I looked into the cars in front of mirror seeing my face covered in dried blood

“Oh, my god I completely forgot. No wonder I was getting all those strange looks while waiting for you.” Quickly using my hand to wipe off as much of it as I could, my dad only chuckled.

“First, we’ll take you home to get cleaned up, then if you’re still up for it and not passed out on your bed, we can go get some ice cream. Deal?” 

“You’re the boss.” With that, I leaned my head on the window, eventually passing out. And I never got that ice cream.

A week had passed since the entrance exams and I was happily asleep when I heard my father banging on my door. “It’s here sweetie, it’s here!” quickly getting out of bed, I rushed to open the door then I tackled my dad, wrapping him in a big bear hug. He was rubbing my head when he said “Don’t celebrate too soon, you still haven’t opened the letter.”

After being handed the letter, I walked into the kitchen sitting down at the table as I took a deep breath, carefully unsealing the most important letter of my life, but instead of a letter falling out, it was instead a metal disk. Then suddenly, All Might appeared from it in what I could only assume was a pre-recorded message.

“This is a projection! I am in town for one reason only. I’ve come to teach at U.A. Young Kazane you passed the written exams with flying colors and accumulated a total of 37 villain points. BUT! That wasn’t the only thing benign scored. A true hero course value those who do the right thing. That is why we have HERO POINTS. And you young Kazane accumulated a total of 33 HERO POINTS. Congratulations on passing the U.A entrance exams.

The recording flickered off, and I looked up at my dad’s face and it said it all: this was the proudest moment of his life. Standing from my chair, I ran up to him and we jumped up and down together as I hugged him. “I MADE IT IN! I MADE IT IN!”

He kissed my head several times before finally putting me down. “Oooh i’m so proud of you, sweetheart. You’re going to become an amazing hero.” he pulled me into another hug, smothering me with his affection. “I have the perfect thing for this situation.” 

He ran over to the freezer and moved a few boxes aside. “I was hiding this just in case this happened.” He turned around, holding a big case of ice cream in his hand. “Your favorite Strawberry Ice cream.

I squealed like a little girl and me and him spent the rest of the day eating ice cream and watching cheesy soap operas until we both passed out on the couch. When I woke up the next morning, my phone was blowing up with texts from Ruri asking if my letter had come in and when I told her over the phone that I had passed, we both jumped for joy or at least I did. That same day, me and dad went off to the Sai’s house and held a small party for me and Ruri to congratulate us.

We partied for hours until me and Ruri eventually slipped up into her room. “So Ruri, how many points did you score?”

With a smug look on her face, Ruri proudly announced her score “I got 75 points in total.” If iI remembered the rankings right, that was just barely behind first place.

Acting sad, I told her my score “I only scored 70 on the practical. BUT! That just means I’ll have to try harder the next time we go against each other, isn’t that right Ruri.”

“You're going to have to do a lot better than that to beat me, Yura. I won’t just sit back and let you close the gap without a fight.”

“I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

After that, we discussed potential designs for our costumes and played a few games before going to sleep.

1