Chapter-04
33 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Hello Author here. I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for all the support this story has been getting it has really been a great experience and I’m having a blast writing this story I also want to encourage you guys to leave comments down below to tell me what you think. This is also to say that my updates will slow down for the next few days. But enough of me talking. Enjoy the chapter.

Today was finally the day, my first day of U.A. I had stayed up all night in anticipation so now I was sitting in the back of my dad’s car downing my second coffee of the day training to wake myself up. As we pulled up in front of the U.A building, I groggily stepped out of the car, waving bye to my dad before walking through the somewhat empty hallways of the school. I ended up getting here an entire 30 minutes too early.

Because of the sheer size of U.A, it took me almost 10 minutes to even find class 1A, its massive door looming over me as I swallowed nervously. Walking in the classroom was mostly empty except for a boy sitting in the back with dual colored hair one side red one side right and the black-haired boy from the entrance exams. Seeing me walk into the room, the boy walked over to me and introduced himself.

“I’m from Somei Academy. My name is Tenya Ida.’’ He had his hand reached out, so I returned it in kind, reaching out my hand to shake his. “The names Yura Kazane, you can just call me Yura.”

“It was nice to meet you Yura.” with that Ida turned around, heading back to his seat, sitting down and going over some notes. So I went to introduce myself to the boy in the back, walking up to his desk, crouching down, my hands hanging off the edge of the table and my eyes just popping up above it. It took him a minute to notice my presence since he was engrossed in a book, but when he finally looked up, I said.

“Hello, my name is Yura Kazane, but you can just call me Yura. What’s yours?” Instead of the polite answer I was expecting, I reserved only silence. Well, isn’t that rude just ignoring me like that? Instead of pestering him further, I walked away in a huff, already feeling the effects of my coffee wearing off as I moved to take a seat and attempt to get some sleep before class started.

I woke up to the sight of a sleeping bag entering the unzipping itself to reveal a man. “It took you eight seconds to quiet down. Time is a precious resource. You lot aren’t rational.” Taking a momentary pause for a breath, the man spoke again. “I’m your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Pleased to meet you.”

Mr.Aizawa then reached into his sleeping bag, pulling out what looked like a uniform presenting it to the face of a small green-haired boy. “Quickly now. Change into your gym clothes and head to the grounds.”

After changing into our gym uniforms, the class trickled out onto the grounds, finding out that we were having a quirk test. The entire class let out a unified question confused on why we would have a quirk assessment on the first day. Followed by a brown-haired girl asking another question. “What about the entrance ceremony!? Or Guidance sessions?!”

Mr.Aizawa walked away from her, looking tired. “No time to waste on that stuff if you want to become heroes. UA is known for its ‘Freestyle’ educational system. That applies to us teachers as well.”

“Soft ball throwing,the standard long jump, the 50-meter dash,etc. Your standard no quirk gym test. Insisting that no quirks be used to measure these records is not rational.”

Mr.Aizawa then turned to a spiky-haired blonde “Bakugo how far could you throw in middle school.”

“Sixty Seven meters.”

Tossing Bakugo a soft ball Mr.Aizawa said “Great, now try it with your quirk. Do whatever you need to do, just don’t leave the circle.”

When Mr.Aizawa finished and Bakugo readied a throw, the loud explosion of his quirk shocked the class as the ball flew 705.2 meters. “It’s important for us to know our limits. That’s the first rational step to figuring out what kind of heroes you’ll be.”

The class gave out congratulations, or shocked reactions to Bakugo, until Mr.Aizawa interrupted us. “Awesome, you say. You’re hoping to become heroes after three years here and you think it will be all fun and games? Right, the one with the lowest score will be judged, hopeless and expelled. Your fate lies in our hands. Welcome. This is the Hero course at UA High.”

When Mr.Aizawa said this, the same brown-haired girl from earlier spoke up again, “It’s only the first day. I mean, even if it weren’t, that’s totally unfair!!”

“Natural disasters, highway pile ups, rampaging villains. Japan is full of unfair things. Heroes are the ones who correct all that unfairness. If you were hoping to spend your evenings hanging out, then I’m sorry to tell you that for the next three years, UA will run you through the wringer. Thats Plus Ultra” 

Looking around, I saw the other students putting on faces of determination as they soaked up Mr.Aizawa’s words. Going in pairs of two, the first test was the 50-meter dash. Ida aced the event with his speed quirk followed behind by a girl that’s quirk appeared to mimic a frog. Next up was me, a brown-haired girl, Uraraka whose name I found when Mr.Aizawa called out names. 

Standing on the track, I push my arms out behind me, latching my quirk onto the track behind me and using it as a push off point for my quirk, sending me flying forward as I push off with my quirk. While not as fast as Ida, it still landed me with a solid 4.43 seconds on the clock. Taking a deep breath, I walked back to the group, giddy with excitement over my success, not noticing that it was Ruri’s turn to go.

When Ruri approached the starting line, she raised her arms out in front of her, thick black clouds forming overhead as purple electricity danced across her exposed arms and clothes. When the timer started, Ruri dashed forward, her legs moving like someone had hit fast forward on her. 

Crossing the finish line, the small robot that measured our times dinged out its recording “4.02.” As her time was read out, I felt a little defeated but resolved myself to do better on the next even walking over to the next area.

2