Chapter 5
197 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, it's getting late, I'm going to make some food. You can stay in your room or you can go out in the garden and look around. Prepare to eat well because I'm going to make us a real feast to celebrate your arrival in our house!" Mei said with a very enthusiastic tone.

"Thank you Mrs. Li." He replies politely.

"Ohhh... No need to be so polite, we can be on first-name terms and you can also just call me Mei."

"Got it Mei!"

Mei is extremely happy to see that Mu listens to her and does what she asks.

She leaves her room with a smile on her face and goes down to the kitchen to start preparing the meal for the evening.

As for Mu, he decided to stay in the room for a few minutes.

"Statu"s"

He says in his head statuses to look at his statistics because he remembers who hasn't looked at his statuses since he arrived in this world. Maybe he has changed?

Status:

First name: Mu Last name: Guo

Level : 15

Age : 10

Race : Human

Title : " The favorite human of the trees " " The one who travels between the worlds "

Vitality : 10/10 Strength : 7 Speed : 9 Intelligence : 11 Endurance : 15/15

Energy : 15/15

Skill : Wood handling (Level 3) / Puppet control (Level 1) / Wood affinity (Level 6)

Combat points : 5

Hmmm my status hasn't changed, the only change is the addition of a new title on the status, so I now have two titles.

When he finds himself in the garden, he is amazed. Indeed, the garden is full of flowers of all kinds. The flowers are more exotic than each other. It's the first time Mu has been in a garden since he was born.

So he is very excited at this moment. He thought that even if the scientists would come to take him back, he would at least have been in a beautiful garden.

His dream was realized.

He begins to walk in the garden, then some tens of minutes later, he notices that in the garden there is a small workshop which seems to have been forgotten.

He goes towards this wooden workshop which is at the bottom of the garden and notices that it is in very good condition. He just needs someone to clean up the dust and tidy up the mess in the workshop.

When he sees the inside of this workshop, it makes him want to make puppets. Indeed, his system is focused on wood which allows him to make puppets extremely easily.

The puppets he makes can also respond to simple orders. This is also why scientists have given him so much importance.

Indeed, these puppets could very well be soldiers that are not expensive to create and that cost practically no maintenance. These puppets could also be used to replace humans in the mass production factories of large companies causing many people to lose their jobs.

While Mu is lost in his thoughts, several hours have already passed.

"Mu, it's time to eat, hurry back so we can eat together!" Said Mei shouted in the direction of the garden.

When Mu Guo hears Mei calling him to eat, he hurries back in the direction of the house because he notices that he is also very hungry.

Once he is in the house, Mei is waiting for him in front of the table. On the table is a lot of different dishes that Mu has never seen before.

Indeed, Mu's meals at that time consisted of simple food rations that are given to all soldiers in the army when they go into battle. These are not very good but they contain all the necessary nutrients for a human to be healthy and have a full belly without costing a lot of money for the different states and governments.

The dishes on the table are a tartiflette, a cassoulet, a gratin dauphinois in hot dishes and a tomato salad as an appetizer.

Mu sits on a chair next to the table in front of Mei.

"Good appetite!" Mei said to him with a happy look.

"Thanks you too!" He replies.

"I hope you enjoy the meal because it's been a long time since I've cooked for someone other than myself. So I'm not sure if the food I made is up to par..."

He answers her simply by shaking his head.

If these dishes are not up to par, then I wonder what dishes are supposed to be up to par. These dishes remind me of a dinner that is served to the gods in banquets. I used to eat only military rations that had no real taste, but now I hope that the taste of these dishes is as good as their beauty.

He thinks in his head while looking at the dishes in front of him with a hungry look.

When Mei sees his look she is already more than happy to see that Mu is hungry and doesn't seem to reject the dishes she prepared for him. Indeed, she was afraid that he was always on guard as he was since the afternoon. But it seems that all the fear of Mei was not really founded because Mu seems to have lowered his guard before her.

Mu took in his hands the knife and the fork which was next to his plate and then he served himself a part of each dish which was in front of him in his plate.

After he has done this, he begins to eat the portion on his plate. The moment he starts eating the dishes, his expression changes drastically. Indeed, the meal is so delicious that he loses his words.

While he was eating, tears started to flow down his green eyes. It is the first time that someone serves him food that is edible since he was born.

When Mei sees him crying she wonders if the food she made is really that bad so she asks him.

"Is my food really that bad that you are crying about it trying to finish it?!"

"Ah! No .... it's not that... it's... just... that... it's... the first time someone has served me food that tastes good and is extremely delicious to boot.... So thank you very much for this meal." Mu answers her with a smile with tears flowing down her eyes and then continues down her cheeks.

Hearing her answer, Mei is shocked and also happy to see that the meal she has prepared for a few hours is appreciated by Mu. But she is also sad to hear that this is the first time that this boy who is not even ten years old eat a tasty meal.

At that moment, Mei promised herself that she would always try to make Mu smile because his smile is extremely beautiful and more beautiful than his tears.

So Mei eats the meal with Mu, a few tens of minutes passed like this. The meal is now finished.

Mu remembered the small wooden hut at the bottom of the garden and decided to ask Mei if he could use it.

6