Chapter 6
160 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mei, I have a question!"

Mei Li raises her head then meets Mu's gaze who seems to want something from her but dare not say it.

"Yes, what is it? You are still hungry, if you want you can help yourself, there is still plenty of food!"

Mu turns his head from left to right very quickly to tell him no and then he says. "No, I'm not hungry anymore. But I saw earlier when I was walking in the garden. At the bottom of the garden there is a wooden hut that seems not to be used. So I was wondering if I could use it as a workbench."

Mei doesn't know what the wooden hut is about, but she eventually remembers that there is something that looks like a wooden hut at the bottom of her garden. But she never really had any use for it.

However, when Mu sees Mei lost in his thoughts, he thinks that Mei doesn't agree to let him use the hut. So he looks for a lot of solution that he could say to help her.

"Of course, I don't ask to use it for free, I am ready to do the cleaning and to maintain the garden!" He said with a little hasty tone.

Mei seeing Mu looking for solutions to help him to have access to this hut becomes immediately a little teasing. She asks him how many times he is ready to clean the house and how many times a day he is ready to maintain the garden.

Mu answers that he is ready to take care of the garden and the house twice a day. Hearing this, Mei is happy and says that she agrees that he can use the garden shed.

"It's my turn to ask you a question." Mei says.

"Yes?"

"What is the use you have for this hut, you said you wanted to make it an establishment. But why exactly do you need a workbench? You don't have to answer me!"

"Hmmmm .... It's very simple, since I was a child I have been making puppets. At first I was forced to make them but the more I did it the more I enjoyed it. That's why now I like to make puppets of all kinds because it helps to calm my mind and my body."

"I understand, thank you for answering my question!"

After they ate Mu and Mei went to bed in their respective rooms.

The next morning...

Mu gets up from his bed very happy. Indeed, the bed on which he slept was very comfortable. He had a very good night in his new house.

On the side of the bed, on a chair, he finds some clothes that have been folded and put on the chair. When he picks up the clothes, he notices that there are black pants and a white shirt that seem to be just right for him.

On the side of the chair he also finds a pair of brown shoes. And finally he finds a jacket on the back of the chair. This jacket is also brown of the same color as the shoes he wears.

He goes out of his room then when he gets ready to go down the stairs, he smells a smell which comes from the floor of the bottom. He thinks that Mei is surely awake rather than him and has started to make the breakfast.

When he is on the second floor, Mei who is behind the kitchen turns to him and says.

"Good morning, how are you?"

"Did you sleep well?"

She asks him a lot of questions as soon as she sees him.

"Hmm, I slept very well thank you and you?" He answers her question with a slightly sleepy look.

When she hears his question, a smile starts to appear on her face then she answers him while keeping her smile.

"Yes, I slept very well thank you!"

"Ah, thanks for the clothes! "

Now that Mu is talking about the clothes, it's at this moment that Mei pays attention to the clothes that Mu is wearing. When she put her eyes on the clothes he is wearing she is extremely happy, she nods her head then thinks inside. Fufufu... the clothes I found for him fit him perfectly.

A few minutes later the breakfast is served on the table. It consists of an egg per person and a pancake with cheese and a glass of orange juice for each person.

After eating breakfast, Mu decided to go out to start tending the garden and then headed to the place he was most excited to go which was the wooden hut at the bottom of the garden. Indeed, he can't wait to start making those puppets of all kinds to help him in the tasks he promised to do to Mei.

Just thinking about the idea of having these puppets do the work for him, when he is relaxing all day or making other puppets.

But for the moment he is taking care of the flowers of the garden by watering them and cutting the weeds that are in the garden and that attack the beautiful flowers of the latter.

A fight is thus launched between the weeds on one side and Mu the amateur gardener on the other side.

Mu came out the winner of this fight with a smile on his face. After that, he goes in the direction of the wooden hut.

When he is in front of the wooden hut, he decides that it is time to clean it. He spends several hours cleaning the inside of the cabin.

Some time later, the inside of the cabin is now completely clean. He put away all the boxes that were in the middle of the hut and then he cleaned all the dust from the inside and then he put away the tools in a corner of the hut.

Now he had to find the materials to make his puppets. The most important materials are solid wood and some metal to make some parts of the puppet.

When he thinks about the materials he needs, his eyes turn to the forest that surrounds the little house and its garden. So he decides that he will ask Mei for permission to go to the forest and take the materials he needs to make his puppets.

Mei calls him because it's lunch time. So he goes to the house and enters it. He sees the same scene as yesterday. The table is filled with different dishes among which the one he likes the most is the famous tartiflette.

Hmmmm, the tartiflette, with the potatoes that melt in the mouth, the cheese that refreshes the mouth, and the ham that gives the dish a boost. This combination is something that is incredible and that Mu never get tired of eating. He could even eat it every day!

After they have eaten the meal, Mu asks the question that he wanted to ask since he entered the house and started to eat with Mei.

"Mei, can I go to the forest to collect materials to make my puppets?"

Mei already knew that he was going to ask him this question the moment he asked him for the wooden hut at the bottom of the garden to make a workbench to create these puppets.

"Yes you can. But you can't go too far away. You have to stay within a pretty close radius of the house so that I can help you if something happens that you can't face."

"Yes I promise!" he replies enthusiastically, nodding his head.

He is very happy to have Mei "s permission, as he wasn "t sure if she "d be okay with him going to the forest since he is still very young.

When Mei sees that Mu is happy, she can't help but have a smile appear on her face as she looks at him.

So he leaves the house after he is finished talking with Mei. He heads towards the direction of the forest to get some wood for his first puppet in a new world!

This idea alone makes him extremely excited!

5