Emmerich’s Exile
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miller:*Com* "Boss, Major, you there? We have a problem. The staff have found out everything that Emmerich's been up to. They're right on the edge. I need you to intervene before things get out of control. Get back to Mother Base ASAP."

----

Everyone is in Huey's hanger. He's tied up, waiting for his fate to be decided. Ocelot is at the front of the group.

Mother Base, Seychelles Waters
"Room 101," Level 1, Warehouse 01. Command Platform

Ocelot:"Nine years ago, this man acted as an accomplice to the attack on Mother Base. He then provided support to Skull Face. Conspiring with Eli, he repaired Sahelanthropus in secret. His 'research materials' caused the leak at the quarantine facility."

Snake and Wolf walk to the front of the group.

Ocelot:"Which in turn caused the Wolbachia mutation, letting the parasites off their chains. We lost a lot of good men. He also stands accused of murdering one of his own family, hiding the body."

Huey looks at him.

Huey:"I haven't killed anyone. The rest is all wrong, too. The inspection was supposed to help everyone! I sacrificed myself for my companions just as much as any of you... Why won't you believe me?!"

Wolf growls as she goes to step forward, but Snake puts his arm up; stopping her.

Miller limps through the crowd and he stands in front of Huey.

Miller:"The prosecution calls a witness."

Metal sounds ate hears and the A.I. Pod is moved over by a crane.

Miller:"Strangelove's gravestone. Haunted by her phantom."

Huey:"It's just a machine..."

The pod turns on and flashes red. It starts a recording and it sounds like someone is banging on the A.I. Pod.

Strangelove:*Recording.* "Open this thing! Huey! Damn it, Huey! Open it now! Please... Let me out... Kill me..."

The message echos.

Miller:"It recorded it all."

Miller throws some photos on the ground. They are of Strangelove, Huey and their son Hal.

Miller:"Everything... Everything you did living together."

Miller stomps his cane on a picture of Huey.

Huey:"How could a machine...?"

Miller:"You forced your own son into the cockpit of a Metal Gear. A test subject."

Huey:"Hal..."

Miller:"His mother had to hide him away..."

Miller looks to the A.I. Pod.

Miller:"And for that you locked her in that coffin."

Huey:"No! She... She did it herself! It was suicide! ...And even if I did, what right do you have?"

Miller walks back to the crowd.

Miller:"There's more. We have you to tell us everything you've done - everything you've thought - all this time. Nine years ago, You agreed to the inspection in return for Cipher's guarantee that you'd be spared."

Huey:"I thought it was real!"

Miller limps back to Huey.

Miller:"You gave Skull Face the location of Wolf and our remaining brother's base in Vietnam." 

Huey:"I was trying to help!"

Miller:"We've reviewed into everything else that's happened since you arrived here."

They stare at each other for a few seconds.

Huey:"Please..."

Miller:"Guilty. All counts."

Miller slams his cane into the ground. The soldiers start to yell and scream to kill Huey. It gets very rowdy and Ocelot pulls his revolver out and fires into the air.

Everyone goes quiet and Ocelot looks to the crowd and he puts his gun back in its holster.

Miller:"We exist outside the law."

Miller looks over to Snake.

Miller:"What should we do, Boss? Just give the order..."

Miller looks back to Huey.

Miller:"We'll handle the rest."

Snake walks forward and Wolf follows him. He stares down to Huey.

Snake:"Prepare a life raft. Big enough for one."

He looks to Miller.

Snake:"Food and water, too."

Wolf:"Snake?"

Miller:"Boss...?

Miller limps over to Snake.

Miller:"You... He's responsible for... for all of this. Think of all the men..."

Miller points his cane at Huey.

Miller:"He didn't lose a damned thing, This is the enemy."

Miller pushes Huey with his cane.

Miller:"And he's here - on his knees...!"

Snake:"Kaz. You are right, he is not one of us... But we are not responsible to judge an enemy. He leaves Mother Base and that'll be the end of it." 

Miller walks away.

Wolf:"Snake, you can't be serious!"

Snake looks to her.

Snake:"He's leaving."

Wolf growls at him and she motions to her prosthetic right arm and her prosthetic legs.

Wolf:"He's caused me so much pain!"

She jabs her finger into his chest.

Wolf:"He's caused you so much pain! And you're just letting him go!"

Snake:"I am."

Wolf huffs.

Wolf:"Fine! I'll listen to your order, but no way am I happy with it,"

Wolf curls her hands into first and she growls and stomps away.

 

------------

Huey is sitting in a life raft and a soldier walks up holding a box and he puts it in the raft. He tries to grab Huey's metal legs but Huey stops him.

Huey:"Get back! Don't touch me!"

The soldier backs off.

Huey:"I'm innocent! You're the murderers."

Huey points to Snake and Wolf.

Huey:"Snake, Wolf, you two should be in this boat."

The boat starts to slowly lower.

Huey:"There'd have been no inspection if it weren't for your precious nuke! I risked my life trying to save you all! How can you do this?! Am I the only sane one here?!"

Huey puts his hands on his face."

Huey:"I....my..."

He puts his hands on his knees.

Huey:"It's not my fault."

The raft hits the water and the boat starts to rock back and forth. He takes off his endo legs and throws them into the water. The boat settles and floats off.

Ocelot:"Look... You can't discard your phantoms forever, Doctor."

Miller limps over to him.

Miller:"Son of a bitch'll make it, you know, I can see it now. In no time he'll be telling tales about the black-hearted Diamond Dogs."

Snake and Wolf walks over to them and they watch the raft float away.

Miller:"The shining white knight. Blabbering on about our injustice, hiding behind the fool's idea of morality... And all the other fools will stand around, nodding with every word he says."

Ocelot:"No. One day he'll see through the lies he's built up. Realize what kind of man he really is. What goes around comes around. You can't run from yourself forever."

They just watch Huey's raft float away in silence. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(We're coming close to the end. I hope you're ready.)

04-07-2022

957 words

0