Chapter 2: A Meeting With the Divine
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes had completely shut from blood loss and my whole bodily strength had given out as I fell into another long sleep. This time, however, I was not waking up from this slumber. 

 

“I. .  I must have died,” I sighed while thinking of the reality of the situation that had just occurred to me.

 

I had completely succumbed to the blood loss coming from my left arm and dropped dead on the spot. My body could not withhold its own weight anymore as I slowly felt my sense of life slip away from me. 

 

“What is death?” I thought to myself as I had my last thoughts of a fleeting life, “I wonder if it will be the same as what the church has taught me.”

 

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few moments later. . .

 

The light before my eyes had changed to pitch-black darkness as I was drifting away from reality. I felt a sensation of floating upwards towards an unknown destination. If what the church had told everyone was correct, then I should be going to the land of Vulmina, or the heaven of this land. I could also have been sent to Morgdrasir, or the Hell of this world. Each land is ruled by a divine figure as would be expected. Vulmina is the Goddess’s realm where Luchira resides. Morgdrasir is the Dark Overlord’s realm where the dark god Zagan owns. Based on the feeling of being lifted, I hope I am on my way to Vulmina and that the church is right about it being a paradise. 

 

“Wake up” 

 

“This voice again. . .”

 

“Wake up”

 

“Whose voice is this anyway”

 

“I said, Wake Up, Runoa”

 

“Just a few more minutes”

 

“WAKE UPPPPPPPP”

 

“What’s the big deal?”

 

*Slap*

 

“Owwwwwwowowwwww!!! Ok! Ok! I'm up!”

 

“Took you long enough Runoa. I have been waiting for you to wake up.”

“And who are you? And why the hell did you bitch slap me?” I grunted while I looked up and locked eyes with the figure in front of me. 

 

The figure in front of me was a smaller girl with a childish face. Her golden eyes were immaculate and perfectly aligned with the rest of her gorgeous face. Her hair was a pure golden color that flowed long down her back until it reached around her knees. Her outfit was pure white with golden embroidering on it. It was made of the highest quality material fit for only the highest of class. The white outfit perfectly exemplifies the girl’s flawless white skin. Her outfit was very revealing leaving a large amount of her very ample chest showing to the light as well as her midriff being completely uncovered. Her silky white legs were very visible and her thighs glowed like the stars. Everything about her was immaculate and inhuman. She gave off an aura of pure holiness and power that further enchanted me. Then she spoke.

 

“ I am Luchira,” she says elegantly to me, “You mortals call me a goddess or something along those lines.”

 

No way in hell this was true! This little bitch slapping girl is actually the holy goddess of the largest religion on the continent!!! I wonder if I should be regretting what I did to her or just be in awe of the situation I’m in, assuming she's actually the Goddess. 

 

“ Hold up! If you are actually the Goddess then I must have died and entered Vulmina.”

 

“That would be correct,” she said while looking at me slyly, “And this would be my personal quarters within my domain of Vulmina.”

 

I looked around myself to get a feel of the setting I was in as I still am questioning whether this is reality or not. I was in a space of pure white in every direction that looked endless. There was a huge master bed to the front right side of me that added a pale blue accent to the plain room. 

 

“Your room is very dull if you are actually a goddess,” I replied to her nonchalantly.

 

“I guess you would not like the plain design, maybe this will interest you more?’ Luchira said while snapping her fingers. 

 

The room around me began to fade away into the dust as a new, familiar setting came up. The setting had turned into the throne room of Constella Palace, my home and where I belong. The throne room is a big open room in which the portraits of all previous rulers are hung on the walls. It is carpeted very well in a regal blue color outlined with a purple to symbolize power. In the forefront were 3 thrones, the center was normally sat in by my father and the two thrones to the side were for his wives (it was normal to have up to 3 wives in where I was from). The Goddess then created a table in front of us and gave a gesture as if inviting me to take a seat. 

 

“ Take a seat High Prince Runoa Constella of the Kingdom of Constella,” she said while looking at me with a soft smile. 

 

I took a seat as it would be rude to deny a goddess’s invitation to a mere mortal. The seat was very comfortable as I sat down. The goddess followed suit and took a seat after me. She then summoned some tea and invited me to have a sip as this was probably going to be a long conversation. I did not want the tea, I wonder if it was because I was still suspicious about Luchira. Luchira started the conversation for us.

 

“ I know you probably have a lot of questions about everything, why are you here, and so forth. So I am going to explain things for a bit so wait until I have said everything before you ask me anything. I am a selfish goddess after all.” She told me with a wink.

 

“ If you say so, I suppose. Wait, will I be getting Isekai’d only to suffer from repeated deaths and my girl not waking up? Or maybe become a slime?”

 

“ I told you to wait until the end before you asked any questions,” The goddess said with a pouty face while looking at me, “ Don’t make me slap you again.”

 

Secretly I was hoping that she would slap me again as I wanted to feel that sensation of her soft hand when it meets my face again. Wait, what?

 

“ Alright, alright carry on, “ I replied with hand gestures to her.

 

“I have a feeling you were thinking dirty thoughts again,” She looks at me disappointedly, “While I do not have enough strength to read minds at the moment, I can still generally tell what people are thinking. And are you actually serious that you want me to slap you again?”

 

“. . .”

 

“I’ll just ignore that and continue on with what I want to say to you and the reason I have called you.”

 

It was about to begin, the goddess’s explanation of what was going on and my true situation.

 

“ How should I say it. . . well, I will just put it bluntly, you died. You let a mere Irewolf kill someone of your caliber and skill,” the goddess said while giggling lightly to herself. “ Your body bled out and your physical form had died. Your soul left your body and was on its way to Morgdrasir before I grabbed it and brought it here.”

 

“Hmmm”

 

“Before you ask, yes, you were going down and not here as you have too many lingering regrets. More people do end up in Morgdrasir anyways, as long as you are not in the lower levels then it is fine. Well moving on, I know you have a ton of questions about what happened ‘that’ night. To put it plainly, you and your family were betrayed by your brother Egilion. What caused his change of heart is for you to figure out yourself.

 

“Why you little piece of shit! If you are really a goddess then why can’t you tell me the reason, huh?!” I yelled at her angrily while standing up from my seat.

 

*Slaps angrily*

 

“Owww, why did you do that again?”

 

“Hmmph, I thought I warned you about speaking out of line. I also thought I heard you say that you wanted another slap from me? Or are you saying my thought perception is wrong, which it never is,” the goddess said sneakily with a slight blush to her pure white cheeks?

 

“Tchh,” I snarled while biting my nail, “You know too much for a little bitch slapping goddess.”

 

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!”

 

“Nothing, don’t worry about it. Carry on, I want to know more.”

 

“Hmmph,” she said while sticking out her perfect rack, “very well, but another peep out of you and I’ll send you to the deepest pits of Morgdrasir. I guarantee Dark Overlord Zagan would be very pleased.”

 

“Ok, ok. I promise to not say another word unless told.”

“Good. While I can’t be for certain, I believe that there are external forces playing a part in this coup. Whether it's the forces of darkness or of a different nation I can not say. My powers are still very weak from the Holy War that took place 1400 years ago and it took almost all of what I have left to summon you here. What I can offer you is this, you can be revived through my power thanks to some fortunate circumstances. The wound that killed you is relatively minor and could have been patched up by a mid-tier healer. While that would still leave you without the arm, you would survive. And luckily for you, that fireball you sent off paid itself in full. I can’t describe who it is but someone has healed your arm and closed off the blood flow. I do sense a holy aura coming from her but that is about all I can tell you about this person. Anyways, because of that healing, I can place your soul back in your body and you can live once more. This is about the limit of my current power right now and after I do this I will not be able to speak with you for a while. You must figure out the situation on your own and find out what your goal will be. Any questions?”

 

“Hmmm, if you say that there might be dark forces involved then I will need strength to fight. What is the fastest way to gain strength so that I can actually fight and not lose to a damn Irewolf?”

 

“Hmph, well it did feel like I was missing something. Go to the central church in Constella and in there lies the Crown of the King. I can’t tell you where it is exactly in the church as your father was the one who hid it in there. The only person who will know is the Head Priestess so find her and you will find power.”

 

“Got it. That will be where I head to immediately after I wake up.”

 

“Good. Well, it seems that our time together is drawing nigh. My power can only last so long in this state so I will have to let you go now. I know I will see you again in the future as long as you do not die so be safe Runoa!”

 

Those were the last words I heard from that goddess as I left the space of her domain and felt my soul reenter my human body. 

 

“[Special Skill: Advanced Healing]!” a mysterious feminine voice rang in my ears, “He’s alive! I can’t believe I made it in time!”

 

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is a wonderful rack followed by a sweet face. That’s right, I am being given a lap pillow.

0