Chapter 2: System? I don’t know what that is but it looks cool
139 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since some of you guys asked for it, here is the cover in all its glory


Chapter 2: System? I don't know what that is but it looks cool


...

[Detecting language barrier...]

[Granting {All language comprehension} To the host...]

°

°°

°°°°

[Operation successful]

I was seeing some kind of hologram in front of me all of sudden. As far as I know, this kind of technology had not been invented so far... Nor had the flying swords... Could it be...?

... Yes that must be it... I have been sent to the future!!

Though the future sure looks old-fashioned... I expected something like robots or some kind of shit like that, not traditional stuff like this place...

Well, maybe China is different.

"Dog, what are you looking at so suddenly? Did our senior Bao use too much strength on you that you started hallucinating?"

So now I can understand them...? To think that a technology that allows understanding every language exists... Just how many years have I traveled to the future? Scientifics, or whoever invented this, you have my respects!

*Grunt...*

Though, I could enjoy this marvelous situation more if I didn't have my ribs broken right now... What was that stupid strength? Are humans so powerful in this era? Maybe this guy consumed some kind of super steroids...

Wait, then boxing is now more epic? You know, like shockwaves when the punches clash and everything? Damn, I gotta see that! However, first I should get out of this situation...

"Wait, good sir, Can't we cease our needless fight? I don't even know why I'm getting beaten!"

As I protested with the loudest voice I could do without injuring myself, one of the guys suddenly made a step forward towards me and pointed his nose towards the sky.

"There's no use in lying dog, senior Bao saw you trying to steal the treasures of our sect! Now you must pay the price... With your life!"

My life? What is this dude talking about...?

"Relax your tits dude, I don't even know where I am! I was simply exploring the place since I spontaneously appeared here, and I didn't even know that those were your treasures!"

When I said that, the guy suddenly smirked and pointed his finger downwards with a sadistic grin spreading all across his face.

"Is that so? Then maybe if you kneel right now and lick my foot I will let you leave alive"

Lick? Those smelly feet? 

My face wrinkled in disgust as I stood up and started taking several steps away from him.

"Dude, even if you have a fetish on feet, please don't try to relieve yourself with me... That's honestly disgusting. I doubt that any woman will ever want a man that wants someone to lick his feet... Though, considering that you asked for it to me... maybe you don't like wom-"

"Ack...!!!"

Suddenly, as I was about to continue remarking on this guy's strange tastes, he suddenly splurted an enormous amount of blood from his mouth.

What the hell is happening? I don't understand anymore!

Could it be that this guy has a mortal illness...? Now I feel bad for saying those things to him... Not gonna lick his feet though.

I hope you recover.

As I silently prayed for the poor guy in front of me to recover from his illness and fetish, he turned to look at me with eyes full of ferociousness and stomped his foot in anger.

"Courting death!"

°

°

° 

-General POV:

As the vicious young master dashed towards him after coughing blood because of shame, an incredibly and intimidating sword of energy manifested in his hand, scaring the heck of our protagonist.

'These guys even have lightsabers...!! What the fuck?!' He thought as his eyes went wide open at the realism of the sword in the hands of the chinese man.

Dodging to the side with the best of his movements, he managed to dodge the sword by only a few centimeters and rolled through the ground helplessly before having the young master once again dash towards him. However, while that was happening, another screen appeared in front of him.

[+1 Agility]

He did not mind it, he was too busy dodging the mortal sword slashes coming on his way to pay attention to these messages. However, what he did notice, was the sudden increase in his speed.

It wasn't by much, but it was enough to actually feel the difference in his body, but not having time to think about it, he simply welcomed the increase in speed and continued running away.

As he continued to dodge each and every attack of the Chinese man, the screens continued appearing. It was only after two minutes passed, that the Chinese man noticed that something was wrong.

At first, he had been so close to hitting the strange man in front of him. However, as he continued attacking, for some reason the speed of the guy in front of him continued increasing more and more until it was almost impossible to hit him.

Even our protagonist noticed this, as, at some point, dodging became as easy as breathing due to his reflexes being much bigger than before. Soon, while he was still dodging the young master's attacks, he finally noticed the screens appearing in front of him and moved his finger to touch them out of curiosity.

When he did, a bigger screen appeared in front of him and displayed what seemed to be the quantification of his body's physical parameters.

[Jai Randall]

LvL: 1 (0/100)

STATUS

Strength: 6

Agility: 18

Defense: 5

Dextery: 4

[Stat points: 0]

"This is like a game... Wait... Could it be that I'm in some kind of matrix? That could explain why everything is so strange..." Our protagonist, Jei, raised his fist in front of him and started tightening and releasing its grip repeatedly, seemingly trying to feel any difference or peculiarity on his senses.

"What are you mumbling over there?! Stay still and receive your punishment!!" Angered by Jei's lack of worry compared to the beginning, the young master attacked once more. However, this time, his face was met with the fist of Jei, who for the first time in a while, counter-attacked.

The fist was too fast for the guy to react, however, just like before, it didn't even seem to have done much damage.

"Hmph, a dog is still a dog after all! Even if you are faster now, you are still weak as an ant!!"

However, Jei wasn't paying attention to this, and instead, he was looking at the screen that had appeared in front of him once more.

[+1 Strength]

"Hey this is fun!" Jei smiled and punched one more time the young master. This time, however, his punch seemed to have actually stung him unlike before.

*Paf!*

[+1 Strength]

"Hey, stupid dog, what are you doing...? Stop!!"

"Hahaha!"

*Paf!*

[+1 Strength]

*Pow!*

[+1 Strength]

*Smack!*

[+1 Strength]

*Poof!*

[+1 Strength]

*Bam!*

[+1 Strength]

At some point, the punches of Jei really started hurting the young master, and by the time Jei noticed he had exceeded himself, the young master was already on the floor with all his face bruised up heavily.

"Oops, sorry about that pal. You started it..."

Finally, he glanced at the group of men that were looking with startled expressions at everything happening and smacked his left palm with his fist.

"I like this system thing! Though, I would prefer to go back... I had work tomorrow, at this rate I will be fired for not attending to work..."

The men looked bewildered by Jei comments, however, not being able to calm their anger anymore, they soon dashed towards him with anger filling their expressions and shining energy swords protruding from their hands.

"Attack the criminal!!!"

...


 

3