Chapter 2: Monster War?
39 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey! Vince here, this is Author Note number 1! I post this on several different sites, and this one seems to be the most active so expect early releases here and on Webnovel! Also, shoutout to user Casimir~! You have read all the chapters so far!! Hope you continue to read! 

".... Well shit..." He would say in response to the sudden announcement. Not only did he have to worry about other scumbags such as the participants, but now there was basically a faction war going on inside of his tutorial. He looked at how many participants were in each tutorial. And he was rather disappointed... 

Easy: (23/56) 
Normal: (12/22)
Hard: (5/10)
War: (3/3) 

He was rather disappointed that he only had three people to help him in this difficulty. And it seemed that they were far ahead of him as well. he would scroll through the menu and saw that there was information on the current war in his tutorial. So he decided to let the narrator begin to tell him what is happening in this land. 

[In the War Difficulty two of the three participants had created an outrage in the area. Running around and killing off multiple monster groups and creating despair in their ranks, making betrayals happen and chaos ensue. Eun-Jae and Julia have created chaos in the War Difficulty. They have gotten monsters as their subordinates and plan on killing off the rest to begin the all-out war on level two. They are the villains of this floor, and so are you. They have already figured out your identity because of your dark affinity, and because the goblin gang belonged to them. Your life is in danger constantly. Become stronger, and end your fellow participants to live.] 

He was rather surprised reading the information, and once he read the information he was also given a quest. A Quest he had to complete, or death would embrace him.. 

[Quest]: Become stronger and finish this tutorial. Alone. 
Kill Eun-Jae and Julia: (0/2)
Kill all of their Subordinates: (0/500)
Kill the Prince of Monsters: (0/1)
Penalty: Death..

Sweat dribbled down his forehead... This quest was insane... He had to kill 500 Monsters, Eun-Jae and Julia, AND the boss of the entire tutorial. Alone. He couldn't get help. Well, physical help. He sighs, wiping his forehead of the sweat and saying- "Community Chat." Wanting to see if he could get some help. Multiple people were typing in the chat, either their face as an animated PFP for their emotions and such, or a shadow being in their place. He begins to type using the keyboard that popped up on his system screen. 
Participant Kang: Hey! I have some bad news. What happens when you kill other participants..? Multiple other people began to type, but that's one when typed first. His name was peculiar.
PKerGryphon: So you plan on doing some PK? Alright, I'll help you. What happens is that you get all of their EXP and their gear. Though that is if the gear suits you. If not then you get nothing, and if you have a perk that lowers your EXP gain you don't get much of their EXP either. Why do you ask? Ok... So It doesn't give him much.. Great... He sighs, typing again. 
Participant Kang: The system gave me a quest to kill off the other two participants in war mode. Eun-Jae and Julia. Do any of you know them?
NalaTheAssassin: yeah. They are pretty big ass' on the chat board. You should be able to check their recent chat messages on their profiles. And their levels if you are above level one.
JakeTheKnight: Yeah. They do shitty auctions and raid other players. It's pretty bullshit.
Uller: Bruv, We were JUST raided by them in Easy Difficulty. They just came and killed off 10 of us and took our shit. Julia's such a bitch too. Even if she is beautiful.

He would smile... He didn't need to feel guilty for killing these people off. Perfect. 
AvengerKang: Thanks guys. I'm thankful for your assistance. I'll finish this quest and see you guys after the tutorial.
NalaTheAssassin: Of course, I can't wait to see you.
JakeTheKnight: Good luck my Half Evil Friend!
Uller: I wish you luck my friend. They aren't easy to beat.

He would smile, loving that there were other people who were actually here to play the game how it's supposed to be played, not to fuck people over so early on in the game. He also saw that his name was changed to fit his current goal. To avenge those who were killed by Julia and her little boyfriend. He would swipe his player card away before rolling his shoulders, tapping his feet, and smirking. "Alright, let's do this. I'll speed run the fuck out of this tutorial!!" He would say before breaking into a sprint. 
[Class Changed to assassin! Your speed is heightened at the cost of some damage and defense!!]
"Great!" He would say, running at high speeds down the dark hallway. He could almost see clearly. He didn't exactly remember how long he had been in here, but he predicted he has been in here for almost a day. And he hasn't eaten. Now was his time, to eat. And he saw a group of goblins down the hall. They hear his rapid steps and turn around to see that behemoth of a man running towards him. "Wha-"
POW! 

Small Intermission presented by- Hunter Association. The peak of humans!! 

It has been a few days since Kang has entered the tutorial. And he has made almost no progress with his level, nor his renown. Most of his fights have been one on ones or assassinations. Which aren't good for his EXP Gain. "Ugh... This sucks balls... Goblin meat tastes like moss..." He would say, growling slightly. Over the past few days, he has gained a couple of perks. Though they are pretty useless for his type of fighter. 

Poison Resistance: You've eaten so many poisonous things over the past 3 days and now you have resistance to it. [Current Level: 2]
Enhanced Attacks: Your attacks cannot be fully blocked, and are faster than normal, making it harder to parry. Especially since you are using brass knuckles instead of a dagger most of the time. [Current Level: 4]
Assassination Technique: If not seen or heard your first attack causes critical and fear factors for multiple enemies. [Current Level: 2]
Determination Aura: Used as a last resort, no matter the health you will cause a wide area explosion in your area. This will take you down to 1% Health immediately. But it does 1000 Damage on activation and does 3 ticks of aura damage every 1 second for 5 minutes afterward. [Causes user to pass out for five minutes]

"The last one literally causes me to suicide and pass out for 5 minutes. Like the description says, this is last resort." He would say, munching on some stale bread he stole off a few goblins. He burps a bit before standing up. He checks his stat, his strength going up from a 16 to a 20. Which is pretty good. He can one tap goblins now. Which is the only enemies he has encountered so far. He would yawn a bit, standing up and rolling his shoulders per routine before beginning to walk down the long hallway. He soon notices that the hallway is becoming less mossy and run down... 
[You have entered a new area, the Hob-Goblin Village!] 

"What..?" He was obviously confused until he saw that the hallway lead to a wide-open area with sunlight! He screams in glee, running out into the sunny area and smooching the grass, for a few seconds not paying attention to his surroundings. "Geeh... Hooman..." He heard a deeper voice but it had the same accent as the goblins did. He would look up, seeing as how he was surrounded by 10 Hobgoblins! 

You have been Surrounded by a Hob-Goblin Group, Kill them all, or die yourself. 
Hob-Goblins: (0/10)

"Interesting.. Well then. This should give me a good bit of Renown, shouldn't it...!" 

To be continued... 

Should the harem be huge, or small?
  • HUGE! Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Smol.. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Dec 22, 2021 08:39 PM.
0