Chapter 1 – Sudden Transfer
969 23 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been 80 years since the Republic of Indonesia proclaimed its independence from the Dutch. Although the Dutch tried to retake their colony, they were forced to recognize Indonesian independence in 1949 as the US threatened to cut off their Marshall Plan aid.

Although still a long way from its 2045 vision, especially after the Coronavirus Pandemic, the nation recovered and its dream of becoming a proud and developed nation continued.

Jakarta, June 24th, 2025

Merdeka Palace

Within the bustling economic center of the Indonesian Republic was a Palace. The palace building was almost entirely white, while the roof was brown in color. In front of the palace was a square lawn with a flag pole and a fountain behind the black fence and gates. In front of the palace was the National Monument, a 132m obelisk built in 1961. Although the palace has not yet experienced much change from its construction in 1873, the building was nevertheless worthy of its title as the official residence of the current President of Indonesia, Hendra Kusuma.

Known as a progressive, he promised to continue the nation's development into a status of a developed nation by 2045, as visioned by his predecessor, former President Joko Widodo. He had also made various other promises that had captured the attention of the Indonesian public, resulting in his victory in the 2024 Presidential Election with 56% of the votes. Although this election was not as divided compared to the 2019 election, Hendra Kusuma's victory was still much to the envy of his conservative opponents.

President Hendra Kusuma is currently in his office within the palace as he listened to his aide, who was reporting the state of his policy.

"Mr. President, the House of Representatives have approved the recent bill on electric cars." The aide reported.

"That's great, that should allow us to regulate them more effectively." The president said, clearly in a good mood.

The aide continued to report as President Hendra listened carefully as the day seemed like any other day as he continued to manage the country. While the day ended as another productive day for Hendra, he never expected his administration to be uneventful as the tensions in the nearby South China Sea continued alongside the various minor wars that were ongoing in the Middle East and Africa.

Unfortunately for Hendra, as he slept on his soft bed, he was abruptly woken up in the middle of the night. Although he knew it had to be something urgent, he never expected the report that he would soon be aware of.

A bright light had engulfed the entire nation while he was sleeping and access to Earth's satellites was cut off. He initially dismissed it as a joke, but he soon accepted it as fact as reports came on how communications were cut off from overseas embassies as the foreign embassies also lost contact with their respective home countries.

Was this a foreign attack on Indonesia or is it much more than a simple attack? No one knew the answer yet but knew that this was an emergency of a national scale.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, June 25th, 1639

The sun rises, illuminating the vast and lush plains of the Principality. The citizens living in Principality's countryside woke up as they began their mundane everyday lives to work, while the childrens went outside to play with their friends.

Qua-Toyne was experiencing a good harvest for this season as citizens harvested their crops, such as wheat and potatoes. This nation was an agricultural nation capable of growing an immense number of crops, and as a result, much of these crops were exported to the other nations of the world.

Marl Patima, a wyvern knight of the Qua-Toyne military was starting his day as he took off from the airbase to patrol the northern coasts of the Principality.

The day seemed peaceful, a stark contrast from the other side of the nation, where Louria had started to expand their military and show aggression towards the nations in the continent, despite the incident around a decade ago. The Qua-Toynian government had taken notice of this and quickly made preparations in case Louria declared war, so much efforts were made to defend the South Western border.

While he yearned to see action in the battlefield, he did not want to be on the losing side of a war. Despite this, he enjoyed the mundane patrols as he flew above the farmlands of the Principality. Everything was normal and it was a situation that Marl was more than pleased to accept and enjoy, and his wyvern partner also seemed to be enjoying the calm atmosphere as well.

However, as he patrolled the plains on his wyvern, he starts hearing a strange buzzing sound that slowly got louder. The sound was rather awful as it ruined the calm atmosphere and this already annoyed him greatly as he placed his hands on his ears to block out the noise from ruining his eardrums.

"Is that you?" He asks his wyvern partner.

His wyvern partner heard Marl's question as the buzzing sound got closer. However, it would only respond with a clearly annoyed look and movement, so it was clear that it did not like it either. This was strange for Marl as he had never heard of the sound in his entire life and his wyvern's reaction seemed like it did not cause the sound.

He looked around his wyvern as he tried to figure out the source of the sound. As he moved his sights from the ground and into the skies, he spots a dot in the skies which continuously got bigger until he was able to identify the anomaly itself.

The anomaly flew without flapping its wings, which were rather large. On each of its wings was something rotating, which Marl concluded was the source of the sound. The anomaly did not look like a wyvern or even a living being, as it flew without flapping its wings and had no scales. There were also some sort of glass that looked like windows on it, which baffled Marl greatly.

Having identified the object, Marl grabbed the manacomm in his pocket and began shouting at it.

"Knight Patima to Tower! I've spotted something flying above me!" He reported

A calm voice replied in his manacomm, "Calm down, Knight Patima. Can you identify it?"

"It seems to resemble a wyvern, but it doesn't flap its wings to fly. I don't think it's alive." Marl continued to describe the features of the object as it flew above the Principality.

He soon received his orders from his manacomm and began chasing the object. But much to his disappointment, the object flew too fast and he soon lost track of it.

Qua-Toyne Communications Tower, 1639

"Sir, one of our knights has made a report of an unidentified flying object," One of the operators explained to his superior as he finished listening to the knight's report.

The higher ranked official would take the report with interest, "A flying object? Is it not a wyvern?"

"According to the knight, it didn't look like a living animal." the operator responded, "The object had a rather strange body shape that he had ever seen before, it did not flap its wings and had something rotating on each of its wings."

The official's interest would peak as the operator said that, "Order the wyvern knight to pursue this mysterious object to figure out its intention and origin."

"Yes sir!" The operator responded as he quickly gave the orders to the wyvern knight.

The official asked the operator, "Where did this object even come from?"

"I don't know, sir, but he also reported that the object came from the north east of Qua-Toyne."

"North east? There's nothing but ocean there. How could it come from there if there's no land?" The official asked, confused by the information.

"That is what I'm trying to figure out as well.." The operator answered while scratching his head on the odd report. "Anyways, according to the report, the object seems to be heading towards Maihark within a few minutes."

The official's eyes widened in shock after hearing those words, "Maihark?! Quickly inform them about this report before it reaches the city!"

"Yes, sir!" The operator then started to contact the officials in Maihark about the report.

Maihark, Principality of Qua-Toyne, 1639

The soldiers and the citizens of the city were starting to talk about the report has the information quickly spread throughout the city as rumors regarding the report began to surface as people speculated on what the flying object could be. The soldiers were being positioned on the walls as the report of the flying object had came in.

"Is it Parpaldia? Have they finally put their sights on us as their next target for conquest?" One of the soldiers asked worriedly as he thought about another country as his face went pale from the thought alone.

"Or it could be Louria, sending a wyvern to spy on us from our backs while we focused on securing our borders." Another soldier speculated.

"Impossible, Louria doesn't have anything to bring a wyvern far up north, and I've never heard of Parpaldia having a wyvern of that exact description." Another one said as he interrupted the other two soldiers during their talk.

"It appears that the higher ups have sent a squadron to intercept it, I bet that it won't reach Maihark anyways."

Just as he said that, one of the watch tower would spot the flying object, perfectly fitting each description of the report as it approached the capital walls. The soldier who made the confident remark was then teased by his fellow soldiers much to his dismay.

Some of the soldiers would start to man and prepare the ballistas on the wall designed to take down attacking wyverns as the other soldiers prepared to attack with their own weapons.

After some time, the soldiers managed to load the weapon and once the officer had been informed on it, the officer gave the soldiers his commands, "Aim...". After a short while, giving his men time to adjust their aim at the target, the officer then shouted, "Fire!" as soldiers and the ballistas on the wall shot their arrows at the flying object.

Seeing the rain of arrows heading towards it, the object suddenly began ascending as it dodged every single arrow that was shot from Maihark's wall, surprising many of the soldiers stationed on it.

"Such agility.. I don't think our wyverns have a chance of catching up to it." A soldier exclaimed.

Suddenly, the object began changing it's course to the direction it came from, seemingly to appear and then suddenly retreating from Maihark at a higher altitude.

"Why is it leaving?" A confused soldier asked his fellow soldiers.

"Maybe it doesn't want to fight?" Another soldier answered his question.

As the strange object retreated, the citizens and soldiers in the city were left to speculate to what it is and why it retreated suddenly without a fight.

Jakarta, June 26th 2025

The report finally came in as President Hendra listened carefully to the details. After listening carefully, he would ask his aide,

"So the places where Singapore, Malaysia and Australia should be are just filled with ocean and we discovered a new landmass filled with people in the medieval era?"

"That's exactly what the report says, sir. It seemed that they posses some sort of creature that could be seen as something like a dragon" the aide replied

"A dragon? Are you sure this report is true and not some fantasy illusions?"

"As much as I would like to say it is, it's unfortunately the case. We even have captured some pictures of the animal." The aide then presents a few pictures where a dragon-like creature is shown.

The president looks closely at the picture and was able to spot humans on top of the dragon.

"There are people riding on top of it!" The president exclaimed.

"I was also surprised when I saw it as well."

"What else do we know about this new landmass and its people?"

"When our plane entered their airspace, one of their dragons started to chase us but it seemed that our plane was too fast for it, and once we discovered one of their cities, they started to shoot arrows at us and one of their arrows was described to be much bigger than usual."

"Oh god.." President Hendra started to become visibly worried as his aide answered his question, "Doesn't that mean we violated their airspace? We need to quickly contact these people and issue an apology!"

Later that day, the government would send a diplomat escorted by a couple of frigates of the navy to contact the natives of the newly discovered land

20