Chapter 2 – First Contact
574 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jakarta, June 29th 2025

Port of Tanjung Priok

As the sun rose, a large ship began docking in the port, clearly of high importance from the looks of it as it had 2 frigates nearby as escort.

As the ship stopped, a certain figure wearing a black suit and a red tie appeared to board the ship alongside various other figures that seemed to work with him. This person is Suratman, a diplomat dispatched to make first contact with the natives of the newly discovered landmass.

The government has also discovered that the locations of where the nations of Earth should be are just filled with ocean, as a result they have come into a conclusion that they may no longer be on Earth anymore.

As Suratman boarded the ship, he went to his room and stored all of his luggage. He made sure to store them neatly so he wouldn't forget he put an item.

After he had stored all of his luggage, he went outside of his room to talk with a passing crew of the ship who visibly seemed occupied with his work, "Is everything ready for the ship to set sail?"

The crewman, slightly annoyed at the interruption replied to Suratman's question, "We will be ready soon enough to depart in schedule."

Suratman then thanked the crewman and went on with his business.

A few minutes later, the ship started to set sail as it moved away from the port as its 2 escorts followed suit and began following the ship.

North Eastern Coast of Qua-Toyne, July 8th, 1639

Qua-Toyne 2nd Fleet

Water had splashed into the decks of the Galleys of the 2nd Fleet as it moved through the open ocean North East of Qua Toyne. The smell of air in the open ocean was as good as it has ever been for the crews of the ships in the 2nd Fleet. Everything so far has been going well as the fleet have not encountered a wild wyvern, especially something similar to the one that appeared in Qua-Toyne a couple of days ago.

A crewman on a crow's nest of one of the ships was looking through his telescope in hopes to find the land that the flying object came from. For him, he had never heard about any land in the North East of Qua-Toyne and the appearance of the flying object from had surprised him greatly.

At one point, the crewman spots a silhouette appearing in the horizon. At first he becomes surprised to see what he thinks as land to appear, but as soon as the fleet got closer, it became clear to him that the silhouette was not a new landmass but 3 large ships that are moving towards the 2nd Fleet.

"Captain! I've spotted ships on the horizon!" The crewman shouted to his captain.

Captain Midori would become interested in the crewman's discovery, "A ship? Where is it at?"

"It's right in front of us!"

The captain ordered the other crew of the ship to find those 3 ships and as the crewman had reported, there were indeed 3 large ships approaching them. However, those ships now seem to have spotted the fleet and have stopped.

"Get ready to approach and investigate those ships!" Captain Midori ordered.

Diplomatic Fleet of Indonesia, KRI I Gusti Ngurah Rai

In the vast blue ocean, 3 metal ships were sailing towards the newly discovered land, south west of Indonesia. One of the escorts was the Martadinata class, KRI I Gusti Ngurah Rai. One of the crewman of the frigate suddenly spots a number of dots on his radar.

"Captain! We have spotted a fleet south west of our current location!" The crewman reported to his captain.

The captain took notice of the crewman's report, "Do you have visual on the approaching fleet?"

"It seems to be a group of medieval era ships bearing a flag."

"Medieval era ships? You mean like Galleys?"

"Yes, sir. How should we respond towards the fleet?"

"Just as we were ordered, order the other ships to stop and let them board."

Qua-Toyne 2nd Fleet

As the fleet approached the 3 ships, everyone in the fleet was able to get a better look at those ships. The mysterious ships were large and seemed to be made out of steel, they did not have any sails and the smaller ships seemed to only have one gun on the front of the ship. The ship in the middle was slightly larger than the two other ships but had no guns on the front of the ship unlike its escorts.

At the top of each ship was a red and white flag that fluttered from the ocean wind. Midori couldn't identify the nation that had a flag of those exact colors as he tried to remember the flags of every nation he knew.

The appearance of the ships seem to have made the fleet's crew curious and it doesn't seem like they don't have any hostile intentions, though some of the crew remained wary.

"Captain, there seems to be people waving at us on the deck of the middle ship." a crewmember reported as he pointed at the people waving.

"It seems that they want us to board that ship."

Midori's ship slowly approached the ship in the middle and he led a few of his men onto the ship as guards. On the ship, Midori and his men inspected the ship and the 4 men that approached him from the superstructure of the large ship. His guess was right, the ship itself was like it's entirely made out of steel, something that is very rare in this part of the world. There was a large superstructure in the middle of the ship, a design he is not familiar with.

Similar to the ship, the men approaching him were just as odd. Instead of wearing something that signified them as some rich nobility, one of the men wore a simple but refined looking black clothes that he was unfamiliar with. The men surrounding him also wore odd clothing, like the man that stood out, they wore no armor and wore all white uniforms. Those men were holding some sort of black stick that looked a bit like Parpaldia's gun but with a much different and more complicated shape than the guns he was familiar with.

The men he brought along on the deck were also as surprised as he was since they have never seen anything like the ship and the men in their life. They looked around, inspecting the ship in curiosity and amazement.

Captain Midori cleared his throat and began talking to the men that approached him, "Greetings, I am Captain Midori of the Qua-Toyne Navy 2nd Fleet. You have entered our waters and we would like to ask you of your intentions and affiliations."

The men he was talking to looked at each other in surprise and sighed in relief, "Phew, I was thinking that language was going to be a problem, but it seems that there are no language barriers. I am Ambassador Suratman of the Republic of Indonesia and I have come to represent Indonesia to open diplomatic relations with your country."

Captain Midori raised his eyebrows, "May I ask why your country is interested in opening diplomatic relations with Qua-Toyne?"

"You must be aware about the recent event where a flying object had flown into your airspace and flew near your city, yes?"

Captain Midori would take interest in what Suratman had said, "The flying object? What does your country have to do with it?"

"The object in question is one of ours. Our government had taken notice that the plane had violated your airspace and would like to express our sincere apologies regarding the incident."

Some of the guards that followed Midori started to whisper among themselves about the remark Suratman made. However, the whispering stopped when Midori ordered, "Silence!"

"What is the Republic of Indonesia? I have never heard of such a country in this part of the world before." Midori asked.

"Ah, allow me to explain.." Suratman would hand Midori a fairly large piece of paper that seemed to be of rather high quality. On the paper was a map of a group of islands on it, "This is the Republic of Indonesia, we are a diverse nation of over 17,000 islands spread over a length of 5,100km and a width of 1,800km and we are located North East of your nation."

"Such immense size! How can this amount of islands spread over a large area not yet discovered, not to mention a country of that size?!" Midori responded in surprise as his eyes widened from listening to the Ambassador while looking at the map.

"It appears that we were suddenly transported to this world through a mysterious light. It is understandable that you may not believe this story very easily, but this is pretty much the case."

"I do not have any say regarding the 'transference' story you have given, but I will make sure to pass it to our government."

"I appreciate your cooperation, captain."

Later, using his manacomm, he would inform his superiors at Maihark.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, July 8th, 1639

Government Conference Area (Lotus Garden

In the bustling city that is Maihark, the Prime Minister and his ministers were having a meeting in a certain garden.

"That is everything we have learned so far about the mysterious flying object that had entered our airspace." A government official said as he finished the report about the mysterious object.

Qua-Toyne's Prime Minister, Kanata began to speak "Hm.. So we still don't know the place it came from and its intentions?"

"Yes, sir. We're still currently investigating the matter. In fact, we have already dispatched a fleet to the general direction that the object came from to investigate where it came from."

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Rinsui, interrupted the official, "Isn't the North East just filled with oceans? What would a fleet find there aside from fish?"

Kanata then spoke again, "Then we wouldn't find out where the object came from. It's safe to try and investigate its origins instead of not investigating and potentially encountering it while we are unprepared."

Suddenly, a figure came into the area and interrupted the government meeting being held there

"Sir, you can't enter the area! This meeting is only for government personnel only!" Another official said as while trying to block the figure from entering

"I apologize for the intrusion, but I have come with an urgent report that is possibly related to the flying object we encountered a couple of days ago." The figure explained as he walked into the government meeting.

"Commander Nouka? Why did you interrupt this government meeting?! Explain yourself!" Rinsui said, scolding the figure who is identified as Commander Nouka of Maihark's Naval Defense Command Room.

"Considering what was said, I believe it's important?" Kanata asked Nouka.

"Indeed, the fleet that was dispatched to investigate the origin of the flying object had encountered 3 large ships coming from the same direction of the flying object."

"Oh? What does these ships have to do with the flying object?" Kanata asked Nouka.

"The ships were affiliated with a transferred country named the Republic of Indonesia. According to their ambassador, they would like to apologize for the incident."

"A transferred country?! Are they telling fairy tales on their first diplomatic contact with us?!" Rinsui, annoyed by the information, stood up and punched the table which shook some of the cups that were on it, "I suggest we should just turn them away!"

Kanata looked at Rinsui, "Calm down.." He would then answer Nouka's report, "As we are currently occupied with our border with Louria, I believe it's best that we do not show any hostile actions with this country and accept their apology."

Rinsui would back down as the Prime Minister stated his decision, "Alright.. I suppose I can agree on accepting their apology." He would then sit back down on his seat.

"Is there any other information regarding the Republic of Indonesia?" Kanata asked Nouka

"It seems that their diplomats will be coming with the intention of meeting you. I heard that they are currently heading for Maihark, escorted by the 2nd Fleet."

"Thank you for the information, now we must prepare a room for the meeting with the diplomats." Kanata thanked Nouka as he ordered the servants to prepare a room.

Maihark, Principality of Qua-Toyne, July 12th, 1639

In the bustling city of Maihark, a large ship escorted by a few smaller Galleys approached the city. The two frigates which escorted the large ship stayed out of view from the port as to not threaten the natives. The citizens of the city ran towards the shore to take a look at the huge ship, however, since the port of Maihark is too small, the large ship stopped outside the port and released a smaller vessel which also had no sails.

The citizens were surprised at the speed of the boat as it moved towards the docks at high speeds, unimaginable for a boat that they were familiar with. The boat would soon stop next to a pier and a group of men would get off the boat. The men wore odd clothing, with one wearing an odd black clothing while the others were holding something similar to Parpaldia's muskets.

The citizens looked at the odd group as it followed Qua-Toyne officials into the city with curiosity. They had never seen such clothing, not to mention the huge ship and the fast boat that just docked.

The group of men is then led to a government building where the Prime Minister Kanata was waiting for him.

As the group arrived, Kanata would come to greet them, "Welcome to Qua-Toyne, I hope you enjoyed the view of the city."

"Ah, you must be Prime Minister Kanata. I am Ambassador Suratman, pleased to meet you."

"That would be me. Come inside, we have already prepared a room for our meeting." Kanata would then lead the Indonesians to the meeting room.

As they entered the room, one of the servants of the Qua-Toyne government led the Indonesian delegation to their respective seats on the opposite side of where the Qua-Toyne government officials were sitting.

"Thank you." Suratman said as he took a seat.

When everyone had taken a seat on their respective seats, Kanata started the meeting by saying, "Alright, let's commence the first diplomatic meeting between the Republic of Indonesia and the Principality of Qua-Toyne!"

Suratman started to speak first as the representative of Indonesia, "On behalf of the Republic of Indonesia, I am grateful for receiving us kindly and I would like to express our government's apologies regarding the recent intrusion of your airspace."

"We will accept your apology. However, I would like for you to fully explain the country you're representing and its intentions."

Suratman nodded as he put down a map on the table, "Our country is known as the Republic of Indonesia, we are approximately 5,100km long and 1,800km wide spread across over 17,000 island with a population of 280 million people." he explained as he pointed on the map.

Kanata and the other Qua-Toyne officials were surprised at the amount of people living in the islands within the large country. "How does your nation feed a population of that size?" Asked Kanata

"We used to be self-sufficient in agriculture until we became an importer of food a few decades ago. We are still self sufficient in a number of crops, however. The logistics of transporting them can be tough, but we have the technology to achieve it." Suratman explained

Some of the minister seemed to be impressed by the feats of the Indonesians as Suratman finished his explanation.

Kanata then asked another question, "Where is the location of your country compared to our nation, if I may ask?"

"Unfortunately, we do not have a map of our nation in this world as we are still in the process of mapping our current location, but we are North East of your country.

"I see, that is unfortunate.." Kanata replied while some of the other delegation sighed in disappointment.

Rinsui then asked the Indonesian Ambassador, "I still cannot believe that your nation transferred from another world. Could you perhaps present something to prove that what you're saying is true?"

"It is understandable that some of you haven't fully believed in our story, perhaps you may be interested to continue our talks in our country?"

The Qua-Toyne officials would light up, interested in seeing Indonesia with their own eyes.

Kanata would take note of his fellow officials' behavior, "It seems that there are people interested in visiting your country, as a result, we can arrange a delegation."

"That's great! We'll arrange a ship to transport you to our nation and contact our president about your visit."

The meeting would end with Indonesia establishing diplomatic relations with Qua-Toyne alongside having a delegation visit the country.

The Qua-Toyne officials would be interested on how Indonesia would look like and what hospitality they would offer to foreign delegations.

 


References:

Martadinata Class

Named after Admiral Raden Eddy Martadinata, these frigates were built in 2014 by Indonesian PT PAL and Dutch Damen Schelde as a part of the SIGMA 10514 types of the Dutch Sigma family of modular vessels.

11