Chapter 3 – Delegation’s Visit
429 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maihark, November 13th 1639

The Qua-Toyne delegation were preparing as they were about to depart to visit Indonesia and its current leader.

Yagou was a part of the delegation sent to visit Indonesia and conduct a meeting with their leader.

"I really hate being on ships..." A delegate muttered. He dislikes ships due to being an uncomfortable mode of transport from his previous experiences of being on them.

Yagou replied to one of the delegation, "Perhaps if its the country that owned the flying object, they may give us something different."

Suddenly, Ambassador Suratman called the delegation, "It's here, let's board the smaller ship to get to our transport." As a large ship appears near the port of Maihark, much to the delegation's surprise.

The ship itself was larger than the ship that appeared yesterday and was very tall. It had a long superstructure and countless windows along its white hull. The ship was like something straight out of a rich man's fantasy and it was clear that whoever owned it must be rich. Some of the delegations speculated that the ship was owned by an Indonesian royalty or nobility as it was clear that it had to be expensive to build such a ship.

The delegation were led towards a smaller boat on the port which they boarded. As the boat quickly accelerated, with some of the delegation falling down in surprise at the sudden acceleration while others held on the boat tightly.

The boat quickly reached the giant ship which the delegation soon boarded and were shown their respective rooms. The rooms were clearly high class as there were many details in the room alongside some luxurious furniture. There were even some equipment on the ship that they were unfamiliar with such as the so-called 'Air Conditioner', 'Television', and 'Toilet'. 

The earlier concerns of some of the delegation had faded as they were shown around the ship while admiring what the ship had to offer.

"Are their claims of being a transfered country true? I never expected such treatment of foreign delegations being this amazing, not to mention one from our country." One of the delegation said while admiring the ship.

"Perhaps they just wanted to make a good first impression with the first country they have met, assuming what their ambassador said was true." Yagou said.

"Regardless of that, what they have shown surely exceeded our expectations." 

The ship started to depart for Indonesia as its engines started to roar with mechanical sounds in the engine room. Soon, the ship disappeared from the horizon of Maihark and into the open ocean

As the sounds of ocean waves hitting the hull of the white ship sailing through the ocean filled the ears of the passengers of the cruise ship, the Qua-Toyne delegation aboard were being given a tour around the ship. They are currently taking a look at the ship's swimming pool on the top of the cruise ship.

The delegations were surprised at the size of the pool. They had never seen one that is the size of the one on the ship in Qua-Toyne, not to mention the fact that an entire swimming pool is on a ship. Some of the delegation felt that considering that the Indonesians have shown them so far, there's no way anything they were going to show them will be as surprising as them.

Yagou then asked, "How does this ship move? It seems to not have any sails from what I've seen."

Ambassador Suratman took notice of the person's question, "We don't use sails in this ship. In fact, most ships in our country don't use them anymore."

"Then what does your country use to move the ship?"

"We use something called an engine. Speaking of which, why don't we go to the engine room?" Ambassador Suratman then led the delegation down into the Engine room at the bottom of the ship.

As they entered the room, they were greeted by huge and round metal objects that made a noise that some of the delegation did not like too much.

Suratman then introduced the object to the delegation, "This is what we call an engine," he said as he pointed at the large machines, "To describe it simply, it is a machine that generates power which rotates the ship's propellers, which is what makes the ship move."

Yagou asked again, "If I may ask, what is a propeller?"

"A ship's propeller is something that pushes the ship to move by rotating. You can't see it since its underwater outside the ship."

The delegation were amazed by the machinery that the Indonesians were able to possess. Something that some of them have not yet seen before.

The delegation continued their tour as Suratman showed every other part of the ship to the delegation.

Jakarta, November 25th 2025

Port of Tanjung Priok

As the cruise ship came near the port, the delegations looked out of their windows as they were preparing to disembark from the ship. Outside of the ships was the city of Jakarta, the port itself was much different than Maihark. They could see some ships being docked which were also huge alongside some machines on the port that they could not understand.

The cruise ship came to a stop in the port and the delegations were soon led to the exit and disembarked. They were led to a vehicle that resembled a carriage but had no horses.

"We'll be using this car to get ourselves into the city. As we still have a bit of time, why not we have a tour of the city and then head to the Presidential Palace as our final destination."

The delegation entered the car and the vehicle soon started to move forward. As they entered the main roads, they were joined by escorts who followed the car as protection.

During the ride, one of the delegations noticed that they have been passing by a white structure in the right side of the road and asked, "What are those white buildings on the right side of the road?"

"Those are the stops for our Bus Rapid Transit system, which is a public transportation system. Think of buses as a bigger and longer car." Suratman explained, "Unfortunately, due to the current crisis they are a bit more packed than usual which is why we're using the car."

The ride had the delegation given a tour of the city including some historic sites such as Kota Tua (Old Town) and the national monument.

After a long tour, they reach the Presidential palace. The building was almost white with a symbol of a golden bird with a shield on its a torso. Connecting the palace with the street is a road while a fountain sat behind a black gate in front of the palace. However, the delegation spotted a group of people chanting something in front of the black gates of the Palace.

Yagou asked Suratman regarding the group, "What are those people doing in front of your leader's palace?"

Suratman answered Yagou's question, "They are protesting the recent measures that the government has implemented."

"Why is your government not dispersing the crowds?" A delegation asked, clearly confused.

"Their right to protest is guaranteed by the laws of our country as long as they have permission from the police to stage a protest." Suratman explained

The car soon started to move again as they went towards the place where the negotiations were going to take place. The car stopped and the delegation entered the building.

The conference room was just like any conference room, with a long table in the middle surrounded by chairs on both sides. On the table was a strange black stick, something that the delegation was unfamiliar with.

As the delegation and Indonesian officials sat on their respective seats, the negotiations would finally begin.

"For the first topic of today, we shall be discussing trade." Suratman said as he started the meeting.

Susanti, the Indonesian Minister of Commerce began speaking as Suratman ended his opening statement, "On our previous world, we used to import foods that were grown all over the world. While we have the soil to grow much of the food we need, we are unfortunately unable to keep up with demand.

For starters, these are the products we used to import." As Susanti ended her statement, she handed over a list of agricultural products.

The delegation picked up the piece of paper and started reading it, but they ended up confused with the contents of the paper.

"We can't read this!" Yagou said.

The Indonesian officials would be surprised at what Yagou said. Suratman spoke up and asked, "Aren't you speaking Indonesian?"

"In our point of view, you are speaking the common language." Yagou answered.

Susanti then spoke up, "I understand. I shall explain the contents of the list.

The crops we are interested in buying are wheat, rice, corn, soybeans, and so on. To be specific, we are in need of about 20 million tons of food. Once the matter of translation is done, we will give you the full list of items."

"If that's the case, then we can guarantee that we are able to export the 20 million tons of food that you have listed. Our nation has been blessed with fertile lands and the lack of droughts and pests, therefore the number you have given to us is simply a grain of sand on a beach." Yagou explained.

The Indonesian officials looked delighted as Yagou said his answer, however Yagou would add a request onto his answer.

"However, we do not have the means to transport that amount in a short period of time, especially when your nation faces a crisis." 

Susanti answered his request with a smile, "We understand. As we are willing to give equal remuneration due to this crisis, we can arrange for our government to provide you with the necessary technology and infrastructure. However, we will not be providing technology that we deem as sensitive."

"I understand, we thank you for the results that the meeting has resulted in alongside the hospitality that you have given us."

The meeting came to a close as both sides agreed on a trade deal which benefitted both sides as Indonesia gets to acquire materials it desperately needs while Qua-Toyne manages to get their hands on some new technology.

The Qua-Toyne delegation left Indonesia and would report about what they've seen, from horseless carriages to buildings that seemed to reach the heavens.

Kingdom of Louria, November 26th, 1639

Jin-Hark, Capital City of Louria

In the city of Jin-Hark, a castle stood out in the middle of the large city. Inside the throne room of the castle, there is a man sitting on a throne listening to the explanation of a servant who is bowing at him. The man's name is Hark Louria XXXIV (34th), the current king of the Kingdom of Louria.

The servant is explaining the current status of the Louria's territories after the previous conquest of the other nation in the Rodenius continent. So far, the king seems to be content with the servant's explanation and orders him to leave the throne room.

As the servant left the throne room, another one came into the room and bowed in front of the king.

The king only spoke a single word, "Speak." to which the servant started speaking.

"Yes, your majesty. It appears that a country calling itself the Republic of Indonesia have established diplomatic relations with Qua-Toyne and Quila and has started to trade with them."

"What does this country have to do with us?"

"It appears that this Indonesia is in possession of ships much bigger than we have ever seen before."

"Do you know how their warships looked like?" The king would take an interest in the information

"Unfortunately, we do not have any other clue as none of their warships have gotten close to Qua-Toyne's shores."

"I shall take note of it then. Make sure to acquire more information about this new country."

"One final piece of information, your majesty. Your carriage is ready and the servants are waiting for your arrival."

"Very well, I shall prepare to leave. You are dismissed."

The servant leaves the throne room and soon, King Hark Louria would prepare himself to leave the city of Jin-Hark.

8