Chapter 4 – Louria’s Preparations
339 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin-Hark, July 26th, 1639

In the castle of the capital of the Lourian Kingdom, King Hark Louria entered the courtyard escorted by a couple of guards from the castle. A beautifully decorated carriage was in the courtyard alongside some servants right beside it. The servants allowed the king to enter the carriage and it would soon start moving into the city streets.

The citizens of Louria who are living in Jin-Hark all lined along the main street as soldiers prevented them from blocking the carriage.

The carriage moved through the main street as the citizens tried to take a look of the carriage and some hoped to see the king himself, but they were only able to see the carriage with its windows blocked by curtains from the inside.

Some of the citizens talked among themselves about the carriage, "Where might the king be heading?"

"I heard from some guards that the king planned to visit a military camp near the border with Qua-Toyne." Another citizen said

"So the war is really going to happen soon.." A citizen with a worried look concluded.

The carriage soon reached the city gates and passed through it as it left the city and disappeared from the horizon.

A Military Camp, Kingdom of Louria, 1639

In a large military camp near the border between Louria and Qua-Toyne, the soldiers garrisoned there were preparing for the king's arrival.

A high ranking military official gathered all of the soldiers in the camp and started speaking.

"Attention! His Majesty is currently on his way to personally visit the camp and examine our combat readiness. I expect you all to maintain a good behaviour."

"Sir, yes sir!" All of the soldiers shouted.

"Good! I expect you all to gather here when the bell rings, signifying that the King has arrived. Those who disobey will be punished severely!" The officer then dismissed all of the soldiers and had them continue their work.

The Next Day

In the horizon of the camp, a carriage began to appear. One of the soldiers in the watch tower spotted the carriage and began ringing the bell. All of the soldiers hears the bell and understood that the king is arriving. They quickly dropped their activities and began forming a line near the entrance of the camp.

As the carriage came to a stop at the entrance of the camp, a red carpet was rolled out as the carriage doors opened. When the king set foot on the red carpet, soldiers that are holding a trumpet started to play the Lourian National anthem.

Exiting the carriage was a tall and muscular blonde man who had the look of a dignified man. This person was King Hark Louria, and he came here to inspect the preparations for the war. King Hark Louria was visibly delighted at the professionalism that the soldiers had as he walked towards Lieutant General Adem who was waiting for him at the end of the red carpet.

Adem wore a dark black metal armor and had a short black hair in a bowl haircut. Adem was a calm and calculating man who had rose the ranks of the Lourian military rather quickly, so much that he had impressed the high ranking officials of the nation, including the king himself. For them, Adem was a trustworthy man capable of doing the task he was given and this was a trait the Lourians wanted, despite Adem's face being considered as rather ugly which led to some fellow soldiers mocking him during his early years of being in the Lourian military. For many, Adem's backstory and origins was still a mystery as he had never revealed any piece of information, but he was still a man that the Lourian military could trust.

Adem would bow as he said, "It's a honor to meet you, your majesty."

Hark would reply to Adem, "The pleasure is mine. Now tell me about the situation in the camp."

"Yes, your majesty." Adem would dismiss his soldiers as he explained the situation to the king while walking around the camp, "Our current preparations are going smoothly, we have been able to procure the necessary supplies as expected."

"With the support of Parpaldia, we have also been able to procure a lot more wyverns, this means our superiority in the air should be guaranteed. They are currently stationed in the other bases we have set up" Adem further added as he showed the wyverns stationed in the camp.

The king would be impressed by the amount of wyverns in the camp. After a while of examining them, the king would ask, "Now tell me about the plan on the upcoming campaign."

"As you wish." Adem would lead the king to his tent where a map of the continent is shown on a table.

"Our plan is to capture the town of Gim and use it as a Forward Operating Base as the navy blockade the major city of Maihark. We also plan to use the crops that are growing in Gim for our military campaign" Adem explained

"How do you plan to take their capital?" The king asked.

"We're currently discussing on the best course of action after Gim, but I am confident that we will be able to defeat Qua-Toyne before winter."

"I have also received the news of a new country that has established relations with Qua-Toyne and Quila called Indonesia, what do you think about this?" The king asked Adem another question.

"I believe they will not pose a threat to our plans, as far as I have been informed, aside from some ships belonging to their country, I have not seen any military assets there. About the ship that docked in our harbor, I believe that one large ship will not pose a threat."

Adem continued touring the king around the camp, and after a while, the king felt satisfied at the explanation and preparation.

"The preparations you have shown me have been good. I expect good results when the war comes." King Hark told the commander.

"Of course, your majesty. We will try to not disappoint."

"Good, I shall take my leave."

The king entered his carriage and took his leave as Lieutenant General Adem watched the carriage disappear from the horizon. He would then continue his work around the camp.

Jin-Hark, July 28th 1639

King Hark Louria is in the throne room of his castle when a servant came rushing in, clearly in a hurry judging from the expression that the man had. The servant quickly approached the king which was followed by a bow

"Your majesty!" The servant said in a rather loud voice.

"Speak. What is the urgent matter?" King Hark asked.

"A large ship has docked in the city's northern port. They called themselves as representatives of the Republic of Indonesia!"

"So that country has finally showed up on our lands.." The king smiled, "Allow these representatives to enter."

"As you wish, your majesty!" The servant quickly left the room.

After a while, a group of people enter the room. The group catches the eye of the king as they wore odd clothing. They wore an odd black and white clothing and one of them some item made out of glass on his face.

The one wearing the glass started to speak, "It is a pleasure to be invited into the throne room of the king of Louria. My name is Hartono, and I have come representing my country, the Republic of Indonesia."

"Well then, what brings you to the Kingdom of Louria?" The king asked the diplomat.

"We have come to establish diplomatic relations and possibly discuss about trade."

Suddenly, a minister next to the king shouted, "Are you taking us as a joke?! For a country that is trading with these vile demi-humans to come to us to discuss trade?"

The king ordered the minister to be silent and cleared his throat, "As he just said, we have heard that you have relations with Qua-Toyne and Quila. Unfortunately for your nation, we do not trust the likes of these demi-humans. This is a feeling that everyone here shares."

Therefore, we will give you two options, either break your ties with Qua-Toyne and Quila or oppose us and perish alongside your country."

"Unfortunately, I do not have the power to decide for my country, but I believe that our government will not take side with a country like yours." Hartono answered, visibly angered by the king's remark.

"Very well. Guards, take them away!" The king ordered.

The castle guards would take the representatives away and they would leave Louria using the ship they had come with.

10