Chapter 5 – Declaration of War
317 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jakarta, August 3rd, 1639

Merdeka Palace

As President Hendra continued his work in the office, managing the current road to recovery as the trade between Qua-Toyne and Quila had been finalized, the door to his office was knocked

President Hendra ended a call he was having with the Minister of Industry as he answered the knock, "Enter."

An aide entered the room and began talking, "Mr. President, the diplomatic mission to Louria has concluded."

"How did it go?" The president asked the aide.

"Unfortunately, it ended up in failure as our diplomat was taken away by their guards after communications quickly broke down."

"How did it end up like this?" The president asked, clearly concerned

"It appears that the Lourians have taken notice of our relations with Qua-Toyne and Quila and turned our diplomats away."

President Hendra sighed, "I guess we shouldn't expect every country to welcome us."

Maihark, Principality of Qua-Toyne, August 4th 1639

Suratman was gazing at the sight of the city of Maihark. He admired the view of the town, as it was bursting with Qua-Toynian culture and various fantasy elements. Although the trade between Qua-Toyne and Indonesia had been finalized, the effects of the trade haven't become apparent. Suratman's days has been relatively peaceful after the trade negotiations until one of his assistants approached him.

"Ambassador Suratman, the Qua-Toyne diplomat, Yagou, requested an urgent meeting with you. He is waiting in reception room." The assistant reported.

Suratman went downstairs to the first floor of the Embassy and greeted the Qua-Toynian diplomat and took a seat in of one of the rooms of the embassy.

"I've kept you waiting. What seems to be the matter?" Suratman asked as he sat down.

Yagou replied the question of the Indonesian Ambassador, "Our neighbor, the Kingdom of Louria has just declared war on us.

Although the war was inevitable, given the recent build-up of Lourian troops along the border during the spring, they have finally made their move."

"H-How could this be? Do you think Qua-Toyne can win?."

"The Lourian army's strength in unrivaled in this continent, so we will probably lose the war."

"That means the trade we have recently established will be all for nothing.."

"After going to Indonesia, I have seen for myself on the strength and achievements of your country. Suratman, please send troops!" Yagou pleaded to the Indonesian ambassador.

Suratman listened to the plea of Yagou and said his answer, "I will contact the government on this issue. Unfortunately, we may be late as the declaration of war must be approved by the House of Representatives and the President."

"I see." Yagou nodded, "I will be waiting for your government's decision!"

Suratman went off to contact the Indonesian government regarding this issue as Yagou left the Embassy feeling hopeful.

Republic of Indonesia, August 5th, 1639

An aide rushed into the office of President Hendra as he continued his National Recovery program. The aide was in a rush after news from Qua-Toyne had just arrived in the nation, which was met with great concern by those who had learned of it.

"Mr. President! The Kingdom of Louria has just declared war on the Principality of Qua-Toyne!" The aide said as he came into the office.

As the aide said that, President Hendra's eyes widened in shock as he immediately realized what this meant for the nation. Similar to many others, this news had also concerned him greatly.

"Louria declared war?! This can't be ignored!" The president reacted with a loud voice filled with shock.

Immediately, Hendra stopped what he was doing and quickly made a proposal to the House of Representatives to quickly declare war on the Kingdom of Louria. This proposal was quickly sent and the House of Representatives, otherwise known as the Dewan Perwakilan Rakyat (DPR) quickly assembled to discuss this declaration of war.

National Parliament Building (MPR/DPR/DPD Building), Jakarta

In the National Parliament Building, the House of Representatives is currently holding a meeting after the declaration of war was proposed.

The proposal itself was rather bold as although Indonesian soldiers have experienced warfare, such as those through UN peacekeeping missions, the nation has not been in a war with another country since the Invasion of East Timor in 1975. Therefore, the Republic of Indonesia has been officially in peacetime for 50 years.

The meeting began as the Representatives discussed and argued about sending Indonesians to war and its consequences to the nation.

"...Therefore, I believe we should declare war in support of Qua-Toyne." A representative ended his speech.

"Are you crazy?! After 60 years of peacetime, you want to drag us into a war?!" A Representative shouted in clear opposition.

"What about our equipment? We've lost our access to spare parts for them, you know!" Another representative pointed out.

"If we don't support Qua-Toyne, then we will all plunge into crisis again! How do you expect our nation to survive without trade?!"

"They're just medieval era nations! Attacking them with modern equipment is pure overkill!"

"We are in need of trade to recover our economy! Who cares about the Geneva Convention, we're not in Earth anymore."

"Are you insane?! What would the people think when they hear about this?!" A representative shouted, clearly angered by the remark.

"Sure they're at the same technological level, but what happens if Qua-Toyne loses? Louria might straight up cut our trade or even demand more concessions!"

"Do we even have the right to intervene in another country's affairs?! Do you want us to become the United States and lose like in Vietnam?"

"Why can't we just act as the mediator and end the war diplomatically?"

"Do you know how the Lourians are like? They completely despise the people living in Qua-Toyne and Quila and wants to be the ruler of their continent! Negotiating with them is futile!!"

Although it was far from a professional meeting, the sensitivity of the topic caused the meeting to spiral down into an argument between representatives.

The Representatives argued as they questioned the viability of such a war. The meeting was polarized as many disliked the idea of war, especially during a time where the nation is recovering. Problems such as equipment maintenance, human rights, the crisis, and necessity became the dominating topics of the meeting.

Unfortunately for Qua-Toyne, the discussions expectedly led to nowhere as the representatives couldn't agree on whether or not Indonesia should declare war. While many understood the dangers of a Lourian victory, there was a faction that was against war due to the transfer and the crisis that followed. It would take the House of Representatives another meeting to finally decide on a resolution.

Qua-Toyne-Lourian Border, August 6th, 1639

As the 16,000 strong Lourian army marched their way to the city of Gim, Lieutenant General Adem grabbed a spyglass and took a look at the town of Gim.

As he looked into his spyglass, he would see Qua-Toynian soldiers constructing wooden walls on the outskirts of the city while a few towers were placed nearby.

"Seems like they went prepared, but this won't change the plan anyways." Adem said with a sinister smile as he thought of the various actions he could do after the battle.

One of the officers mentions Gim's defenses and makes a remark with a smug face, "What a shabby defense they have prepared for us. I'm sure we'll be able to break through it in no time."

Some of the officers laughed as they ridiculed the defenses surrounding Gim. Adem shared this feeling of superiority as Louria had managed to raise a formidable army to invade Qua-Toyne. Meanwhile, the massive army continued its march as the Qua-Toynian defenders spotted the large army marching towards the town.

8