Chapter 6 – Defense of Gim
300 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gim, Qua-Toyne, August 6th, 1639

In the border town of Gim, a beastman is ordering Qua-Toynian soldiers around as the soldiers continued constructing defenses around Gim. The beastman wore metal armor and the soldiers seemed to follow the orders of the beastman. It was clear that the person is an officer and his name is Captain Moizi.

As his family lived in the town, Moizi felt the need to defend it with everything he had. He has tried to evacuate the citizens, unfortunately instead of evacuating the city, many of them stayed to support the defense of the city as they despised the human supremacist nation of Louria

While this was a great manpower boost for the army, Moizi was rather disappointed as this meant if the town fell, the inhabitants would suffer under the hands of the Lourians.

As he continued his work, a warcry is heard west of the city. One of the soldier who is well informed on Louria pointed out the warcry.

"Captain Moizi, this must be the warcry of the Lourian army. That means they are coming." The soldier explained to him.

"Gather all of the soldiers to form a defensive perimeter on the western side of the town!" Moizi ordered

"Yes, sir!" The soldier quickly left to inform the others.

The Qua-Toynian soldiers would form a defensive perimeter by occupying the defenses built and the ballistas stationed in some of the towers.

The Lourian military came into view of the naked eye as they appeared numbering in the tens of thousands in multiple collumns, outnumbering the Qua-Toyne defenders. As the Lourians entered the open plains around Gim from the roads between trees which covered the outside of the town, they began to spread out, forming square formations as they prepared themselves to attack Gim.

Captain Moizi gulped as he saw the size of their army and he shouted his orders, "The Lourian Army is here! Stand your ground and hold the Lourians back with all of your strength!"

The Lourian army, after forming up their formations, began their charge towards the defenders as the front row of the Qua-Toynian soldiers raised their shields to hold the Lourian army back.

However, after a few seconds from giving his orders, a soldier spots the Lourian Wyverns which he would inform the Captain, "Captain! Lourian wyverns approaching from North West to South West!"

Captain Moizi looked at up at the direction where the soldier reported. There, he and the other soldiers spots an absurd number of wyverns, an unfathomable amount, especially for a country like Louria.

"Please tell me this is a dream. There's no way Louria has that many wyverns!" A paranoid soldier said, making the other soldiers around him panic

"Doesn't this greatly surpass what our country has by atleast 2-3 times?!" Another soldier pointed out.

The wyvern squadrons stationed in Gim began to take to the skies as Louria's wyverns got even closer to the town. However, once the wyverns began dogfighting, the Qua-Toynian wyverns stood no chance under the absurd number of wyverns Louria deployed.

The ground troops of both side began clashing as they fought the other in melee combat. It seemed that neither of each side was gaining an upper hand for a while as the Qua-Toynian shield wall held back the massive Lourian army, until the Lourian wyverns who had just established air superiority began turning their sights towards the formation of Qua-Toyne soldiers below.

The wyverns released their fireballs towards the Qua-Toyne defenders as the front row were trying to hold the Lourians back watched as their comrades behind them perished from the fireballs.

Pressured by the number of Lourian troops, which outnumbered the defenders and the wyverns who were attacking the formation, the Qua-Toynian army began to break as they get overwhelmed by the sheer power of Louria's invading army.

After hours of fighting, the remaining Qua-Toynian defenders were only a few formations of soldiers, far lower than the amount they originally had at before the battle.

As the defender's numbers dwindle, Captain Moizi was one of the last few soldiers that are still fighting. With the severity of the situation, he decides to make a last stand against the Lourian army alone. His few remaining soldiers encircled him, intending to join his last stand as they fought the Lourians.

"For the people of Gim! For Qua-Toyne!!" Moizi shouted as he raised his sword to fight the enemy until the end.

The day ended as the Qua-Toyne army suffered a defeat in Gim, being absolutely annihilated by the sheer power of Louria's army alone. The town was captured and plundered while the citizens were either killed, tortured, or captured and the crops that grew on Gim's once bountiful farms were taken by the Lourians.

The Aftermath of the Battle

Adem was taking a look at the ruins of the town while his soldiers continued plundering the town. Adem smiled as he looked at the ongoing chaos that is happening until a soldier approached him, saluting before he spoke to the Lieutenant General

"Sir! What should we do to these vile demi-humans?" The soldier asked

"Send them back to Louria. The longer I see them, the more I want to vomit at their sights." Adem said until he suddenly gets an idea, "..No, lets torture them without killing them and release them to spread the fear."

As he said that with a laugh, another soldier reported to Adem, "Sir! We have captured Captain Moizi!"

Adem approached Moizi as he began to talk to him, "Ah, Captain. Your reputation have always landed into my ears. It appeared you didn't disappoint as it took us a bit of my soldiers before we were able to get our hands on you."

Moizi only knelt in silence as he hid the anger he had towards Adem.

Adem continued his talking, "As you had impressed me with your combat prowess, I shall give you an opportunity." Adem ordered the soldiers to take off the cloth that was covering a carriage.

As Moizi looked at the carriage, his eyes widened in shock as there he saw his wife and daughter inside a cage of the carriage.

"Y-You monster! Release them now!!" Moizi shouted at Adem until he was kicked by a Lourian soldier behind him.

Adem smiled sinisterly as he looked at the helpless Moizi, "I believe it's best for you to stay put and mind your manners. Although I doubt demi-human like you have any manners anyways."

"Let's see.. How about if the Madam can die without letting out a sound, then I will let your daughter live." Adem said.

Moizi's wife seemed to hesitate which Moizi then noticed and shouted, "Don't do it!! This bastard won't keep his promise!!!"

Unfortunately for Moizi, he would witness his wife's death right before his eyes as he screamed in agony. And to add more salt into injury, his daughter would end up being a casualty of the Gim Massacre.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, August 7th, 1639

Maihark

In the major city of Maihark, Suratman, the Ambassador to Qua-Toyne was in a rush as he ran on the streets of the city to the location of the Government Building in Maihark. While he ran as fast as he could, Suratman held a document containing the Indonesian resolution to the conflict.

As he arrived at the government building, Yagou would rush outside to meet the Indonesian ambassador.

Suratman stopped and took a few seconds of breather as all of the running had drained his stamina. After a while, he began talking to Yagou.

"It's here.." Yagou said as he presented the document, "The approval and translation process took some time, but here is the Indonesian resolution to the war.

Yagou thanked Suratman as he rushed to the government meeting that was currently being held.

Government Conference Area, Qua-Toyne, August 7th, 1639

Prime Minister Kanata was holding a meeting with his Ministers, discussing the recent developments of the war.

"With the fall of Gim, it now leaves Ejei as the last line of defense for the rest of Qua-Toyne." The Minister of Military Affairs explained.

As the other ministers looked down, saddened by the loss of Gim, Yagou entered the meeting, carrying the document containing Indonesian response towards the war, "It's here!" He shouted.

"Read it!" The ministers shouted to Yagou as he began opening the document.

"With Louria threatening the very existence of the nation alongside the inhumane acts in Gim, the House of Representatives have approved of the President's proposal. Therefore, the Republic of Indonesia officially declares war on the Kingdom of Louria in support of the Principality of Qua-Toyne." He explained as his eyes read the texts in the document.

The atmosphere of the meeting had brightened as the mood of the ministers lit up, happy with the decision that the Indonesians have made.

Rinsui who was confused, asked Yagou, "Inhumane? But this is a war, what do they mean by this?"

Yagou answered the Foreign Affairs Minister's question, "Let me explain. The Republic of Indonesia believes that prisoners of war should be treated accordingly while civilians are to be excluded from the effects of war. The tragedy that happened in Gim went against this and as a result, they treat these acts as a warcrime."

Kanata then spoke up, "Eitherway, the fact of the matter is that they have decided to join the war on our side, which is good news."

Their meeting continued for a couple of hours, while the Republic of Indonesia began mobilizing its military and prepared to fight another country after 60 years.

8