Chapter 7 – Blockade of Maihark
269 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kingdom of Louria, August 8th, 1639

Jin-Hark

In the castle where King Hark Louria resided, the king is sitting in the throne room as he listens to the report regarding the war's recent developments.

"Your majesty, our forces have taken the town of Gim and our navy should reach the city of Maihark soon to execute the blockade." Patagene reported.

"Good, the war has been going well." The king replied with a smile, expressing his happiness at the report.

"However, I have obtained a new report regarding the Republic of Indonesia." Patagene added.

"Tell me, what are they doing right now?" The king asked

"After the capture of Gim, the Indonesians had declared war on us under the reason that they condemn our actions in Gim and have even referred it as a warcrime."

The officials in the throne room chuckled and laughed as Patagene made the report. An official started speaking as he laughed, "They must be joking."

"Silence!" The king ordered the room, "Tell me, Patagene, what do you think of this development?"

"I still believe we can win this war before the Indonesians manage to deploy their army in Qua-Toyne. Our forces also have only suffered minimal casualties during our attack on Gim. Even if they have the support of some nations in the 2nd civilization, we still believe that they wont pose a significant threat." Patagene explained.

"Well, as I trust your words, I shall be waiting for results for the next battle. You are dismissed!"

"Yes, your majesty!" Patagene soon left the throne room.

The Ocean, South West of Maihark, August 9th, 1639

"What a magnificent sight. Surely Qua-Toyne will tremble at the sight of this fleet." Sharkun said as he gazed at the Lourian Eastern Subjugation Fleet he was commanding.

"Admiral, we have spotted a fleet approaching us bearing the Qua-Toyne flag!" One of the ship's crewmens reported.

Sharkun looked into his telescope as he put his sights on the Qua-Toynian fleet. There he sees the fleet the crewman mentioned, numbering at around 150 ships, a far cry from his fleet of over 600 ships.

"Should we request for wyvern support?" The comm officer asked.

"With the support of some Parpaldian ships, we should come out victorious. However, considering the entry of those Indonesians, I'd like to be cautious and call for air support to minimize losses."

"Yes, sir!" The comm officer then went to request for wyvern air support.

Kingdom of Louria, 1639

Jin-Hark, Wyvern Airbase

The request from the Eastern Subjugation fleet had come in as a manacomm operator listened and reported the request to his superior.

"17th Dragoon Squadron, ready for take off!" A wyvern knight shouted to his manacomm.

A voice replied in his manacomm, "17th Dragoon Squadron, you are clear for take off."

The 18th Dragoon Squadron quickly took off as they had given the go-ahead by the Wyvern Control Tower.

Northern Coast of Rodenius

As the two opposing fleets approached each other ever more slower, the crew of each side began to man their positions as the Qua-Toynian crews prepared their bows and the Lourians manned the ballistas on their larger ships.

As the fleets got into range, each side began firing their arrows which were on fire as to burn the enemy ship and the soldiers within it.

However, while many of the arrows shot by the Qua-Toyne and Lourian fleets missed their targets and landed in the sea, the ballistas fielded by the Lourians were highly accurate as most of them landed on their respective targets, either hitting a Qua-Toynian soldier or hitting their ship's hulls which both resulted in the ship to catch on fire.

As the Qua-Toynian ships began to burn, some of their soldiers would try to either extinguish the fire using a bucket full of sea water or abandon their ships as the fire became too much for them to handle. The fire would eventually lead to the ship being sunk as their crews jumped off to the sea to abandon ship.

This continued until the ships of both fleets began to collide with each other, which led the soldiers of both sides to board the enemy and initiate close quarters combat with their weapons.

However, with the galleons that Parpaldia had provided and the number or ballistas a single galleon fielded, it had a devastating effect towards any Qua-Toynian galleys and longboats that found itself fighting against. The sheer number of bolts fired by the ballistas, the Qua-Toynian ships quickly caught on fire and sank as their soldiers could not save their ships in time.

Some of the Qua-Toynian ships even tried to board these galleons but due to the height of it, the soldiers of the Qua-Toynian ships would be picked off one by one as arrows from the Galleon's archers rained down on them before they could board and fight them on their decks.

Soon, the Lourian wyverns came as they began releasing their fireballs towards the Qua-Toynian ships. Due to the absence of Qua-Toynian wyverns, the Lourian wyvers reigned freely as it attacked any enemy ship of its choosing.

The battle went on for hours as the Lourians slowly showed their supremacy on the seas with their overwhelming number and firepower.

The battle ended with a Lourian victory with the loss of all Qua-Toynian ships and only around 70 Lourian ships.

During the aftermath of the battle, Sharkun listened to the report as he examined for any damages for the fleet. As the comm officer reported each of the captain's report, Sharkun seemed to be content with the result as minimal damages were reported just as planned.

"From the battle we have fought, we should reach Maihark by tomorrow." The officer reported.

Although this was a little late than planned, Sharkun did not bother with the problem as a mere single day delay would not effect their war severely.

Qua-Toyne, August 10th 1639

Maihark

The massive Lourian fleet would arrive in Maihark the next day and began their siege. The once bustling city now faced a blockade as trade with overseas cities stopped as the Lourians prevented any products from reaching Qua-Toynian shores. Arrows, which had been lit on fire were released into the city as buildings began to burn as the arrows lit anything flammable on fire.

The citizens and government officials of the city were evacuated as the city was sieged. While many were evacuated, there were still a number of deaths that had occured from the siege as buildings within the city catch on fire and eventually crumble on top of those unfortunate enough to be inside them.

With the loss of atleast half of their entire army in Gim, it is now up to the Fortress City of Ejei and the Indonesian reinforcements to prevent a Qua-Toynian defeat in the war.

7