Chapter 8 – TNI Reinforcements
290 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maihark, Qua-Toyne, August 12th, 1639

In the once bustling city of Maihark, a large fleet of atleast 600 ships are anchored in the bay of the city's port, bearing the Lourian flag.

Having defeated the Qua-Toyne fleet that had tried to stop them, Louria now laid siege on the major port of Maihark as burning arrows are frequently shot at the city from the Lourian ships.

The Lourian sailors were either socializing or releasing the occassional arrows towards the city as they enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of the siege. There were no Qua-Toynian resistance in the form of a fleet or wyverns and this had put the sailors in ease.

"Surely, this should cause supply and logistical problems in the capital and Ejei." Sharkun muttered.

Sharkun smiled at the sight of the city where some buildings were either intact, burning, or in ruins. All he had to do was to lay siege on the trading hub of their enemy as the soldiers on the ground mopped up any remaining resistance. Atleast that's what it should've been like until one of his fleet spots a fleet of ships bearing the Indonesian flag.

"Admiral! We have spotted an Indonesian fleet approaching us!" A sailor reported.

"It seems those Indonesians have finally arrived to save their Qua-Toynian friends." Sharkun said as he grabbed a spyglass from his pockets

As he put his eyes onto his spyglass and looked at the Indonesian ship in the distance, he could spot 3 ships, much larger than the ships he had in his fleet. This surprised him as he had always thought that they were simply another barbarian nation who happened to possess a few large transport ships.

One of the ships possessed a flat deck and some objects on top of it while the ships beside it were also large but had a single gun on the front. 

As he looked at the Indonesian ships, one of them that released an object a flew. Was it a wyvern, he thought, until he noticed that it likely wasn't from the shape and the things that were rotating on the top of it.

The object approached the Lourian fleet and a loud voice, "THIS IS THE INDONESIAN NATIONAL MILITARY NAVAL FORCE. THIS AREA IS QUA-TOYNE TERRITORIAL WATERS! WITHDRAW IMMEDIATELY OTHERWISE WE WILL OPEN FIRE!!"

As Sharkun took a look at the Indonesian ships again, the guns on the front of the ship aimed at his fleet.

"They are a fleet of 3 ships, they can't do anything to our fleet of 600, especially with just one gun!" Sharkun shouted at his men, "Order the fleet to commence an attack on the Indonesian ships!" He ordered.

All of the Lourian ships began approaching the Indonesian fleet after Sharkun's orders were relayed to them.

KRI Yos Sudarso

Although a frigate of the Cold War era, the Ahmad Yani classes were recommissioned after the transfer. Among the frigates of this class, the KRI Yos Sudarso was dispatched to attack the blockading Lourian fleet in Maihark.

The crew of the frigate looked at the radar and saw as the huge fleet of Lourian ships began their attack, approaching the Indonesian warships.

"Captain! The Lourian fleet has refused to withdraw, they are now approaching our fleet!" An officer reported.

The captain stood in silence as he sighed, "I guess it was never going to be this easy.."

"The enemy fleet has refused to withdraw and has started their attack. All ships, fire!" The captain ordered

The order would be relayed to the other Indonesian frigates and soon, the Indonesian ships began firing their guns.

"I hope this will be enough to shake them.." The captain muttered.

Lourian Subjugation Fleet

As the Lourian fleet approached the Indonesian fleet, a boom was heard from the direction of the Indonesian ships followed by a cloud of smoke from where their cannon was. Moments later, 3 Lourian ships suddenly exploded, killing and launching any sailors on it with a devastating explosion. All that remained were the clear shape of a ship split in half, while a huge fire raged on top of it, mercilessly burning any sailors unfortunate enough to be on the ship.

The Lourian sailors all looked at the remains of the 3 ships, while much of the ships was intact, it was clear that most of the sailors of those ships had died a brutal death. It was like a nightmare, a single ship capable of absolutely destroying the enemy ship in a single shot.

"N-No way.. Sunk in a single hit?" A frightened sailor said.

The power of the Indonesian ships had put many of the Lourian sailors into a state of panic, while Sharkun looked with his jaw dropped, stunned by the power of the Indonesian warships. It was much different from the magic cannons he was aware of as it appeared to be much more deadly.

“Are we seriously fighting them? Those Indonesian ships are monsters!” Another sailor said.

“We can’t win this! It’s impossible!"

However, Sharkun noticed that the Indonesian ships stopped firing and there weren’t any sailors on the decks.

“I see, it seems that they can’t launch those powerful attacks in rapid succession. This is an opportunity.” Sharkun concluded.

“Order all ships to spread out and launch an all out assault on the enemy ships and send a request for wyvern aerial support!” Sharkun ordered to his comm officer.

The Lourian ships began spreading out as it approached at the Indonesian ships at full speeds, while wyvern air support is contacted to assist in the assault.

KRI Yos Sudarso

The Indonesian crew looked at the radar and saw that the Lourian fleet showed no sign of retreating and kept approaching them, as they shook their heads in disappointment.

“Sir, the Lourian fleet have not retreated, instead they are now spreading out and continuing their assault!"

“Those Lourians are really determined. Even after seeing 3 of their ships sunk in such a fashion, they still want to fight us. Alright, order all ships to fire at will!" The captain ordered.

The Indonesian frigates started their barrage once again, but this time, the frigates kept firing without showing any signs of slowing down.

Left and right, the ships of the Lourian fleet exploded and sank as the Indonesians barraged the fleet with countless numbers of shells. However, a crew of the Indonesian ship spots a large number of enemies moving at speeds.

"Sir! Large number of bogeys spotted in the radar. They're moving at a much faster speed than the Lourian ships!"

"This must be their 'flying reptiles' or whatever they're called. All ships, initiate anti-air combat!"

The Indonesian frigates fired their surface-to-air missiles as the order was relayed to the other ships.

Lourian Subjugation Fleet

The Indonesian ships began their barrage once again as the sound that frightened the Lourian sailors was heard, this time in rapid succession as many Lourian ships exploded and sank.

“They can fire it continuously?!” Sharkun said in disbelief as he saw the dreaded Indonesian guns sinking the ships of his fleet.

The Lourian sailors panicke, as the Indonesians barrage continued, this time without ever stopping.

“I knew it, there’s no way for us to win this fight!” A sailor said.

As the fleet continued its approach towards the Indonesian fleet, all 3 of the Indonesian ships suddenly released smoke as an object similar to an arrowhead was launched into the skies.

"Their ships are suddenly ablaze! Are they exploding?!" Another sailor commented.

While some soldiers were celebrating in relief at the thought of their enemy making a fatal mistake, Sharkun noticed an object being launched into the skies, clearly something that the enemy intended to do. 

"No, they're not exploding.. What are those bastards trying to do?" Sharkun said.

In the skies above the battle, 100 wyverns were flying towards their designated target, as the clouds clear and they had spotted the Lourian fleet, a bright object suddenly appeared from the clouds and chased the wyverns.

"What is that?!" A wyvern knight shouted as he was chased by the light only to explode as the light reached him.

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

The wyverns knights all tried to dodge the mysterious light but due to the guided nature of it, many of them would fall from the attack.

The clouds would clear even more and the wyvern knights would finally spot the 3 enemy ships. However, as they began their descent, the enemy's guns quickly aimed at them and began firing shots that exploded near them.

The shots would either directly hit the wyvern knights or exploded nearby which caused the wyvern to fall as the fragments of the shell ripped through the wings of the wyverns and bodies of the knights riding them.

Only a few wyverns remained as they got even closer to the enemy ship only for a smaller gun to quickly aim at them and fired at an extremely rapid pace

'BRRRRRT!'

'BRRRRRT!'

'BRRRRRT!'

The smaller guns fired in bursts as it fired on a wyvern knight and then aiming at another one once it fell. They were frighteningly effective as they accurately ripped its target into shreds with its shots.

Lourian Subjugation Fleet

As Sharkun looked in absolute shock towards the lethality that each of the 3 Indonesian ships had, he finally understood that the Lourian fleet had no chance of victory.

"T-They're monsters! 100 wyverns were all killed with 3 ships.." A frightened sailor said.

Everywhere Sharkun looked, the ships of his fleet exploded and sank as each shot hit their target with seemingly perfect accuracy. He couldn't bear to watch anymore of his men dying from this one-sided slaughter.

"I didn't join the navy to send my fellow sailors to hell... If this slaughter continue any more, then I will see more sailors losing their lifes and my name becoming a stain in history." He muttered in regret.

"Comm officer, order the entire fleet to retreat." Sharkun ordered as he looked down into the ground in defeat.

But before the Lourian fleet could withdraw, one of the shells from one of the Indonesian ships hit Sharkun's flagship, exploding it.

"I see.. So this is my punishment for ordering my men to do a suicide assault.. If so, I will accept my fate in hell." Sharkun muttered as he closed his eyes.

Soon, the blast reached the entire city and sank the Lourian flagship in a powerful explosion. The explosion of the flagship was larger than the explosion of the ships sunk before it.

KRI Yos Sudarso

"That's one hell of a firework show, seems like we've sunk something important." The captain said as he looked straight at the large explosion.

An officer approached the captain and reported the recent development of the battle.

"The enemy fleet has started changing course. They have finally retreated." The officer reported

"Finally, I was starting to think they were fanatics. Order all ships to hold fire and commence the rescue operation!”

The battle had ended as most ships of the Lourian fleet were sunk by only a few Indonesian ships. It had been a catastrophic defeat for the Lourian as they lost most of the ships in their navy.

Helicopters and boats were released from the frigates’ helipad on the rear as the Indonesians began their rescue operation in the aftermath of the battle. Lourian sailors were saved and taken as prisoners of war, while the officers were questioned.

With the Lourian Fleet defeated, the siege in Maihark was lifted, much to the delight of the Qua-Toynians as their Indonesian ally have finally arrived.

 


References:

Ahmad Yani class

Originally built in the Netherlands and named as the Van Speijk class in the 1960s, these frigates were acquired by Indonesia in in the mid-1980s. Although all 6 ships were supposed to be replaced by the newer Martadinata classes, they were recomissioned again for the New World.

8