Chapter 8.5 – Aftermath
275 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Republic of Indonesia, August 16th, 1639

In the aftermath of the Naval Battle of Maihark, the Lourian sailors and officers were rescued by their Indonesian counterparts. Although some were reluctant to be rescued, the Indonesians were able to rescue most Lourians that were on the sea.

Most of the prisoners of war were taken to a camp in Indonesia where those that are important were seperated from the normal combatants.

Sharkun luckily survived the battle, although he was heavily injured from the blast and had to be given emergency treatment.

After he had been recovered, he would be taken to a facility specifically for important Lourian combatants. The Indonesians noticed Sharkun's clothing, which clearly stood out from the clothing of the Lourian officers and sailors and concluded he must be the commander.

Sharkun was taken into a grey room with a large rectangular glass on the wall, while a table and 2 chairs was placed in the middle.

Sharkun took a seat on one of the chair as instructed and after a short while, a man wearing a bland but refined looking clothes came into the room and sat on the other end of the table.

"I believe you are the Lourian naval commander?" The man asked Sharkun as he sat down.

"Yes, I am Vice Admiral Sharkun of the Lourian Navy. Where am I?"

The figure looked in surprise after Sharkun had stated his name and rank.

"Ahem.." The man cleared his throat, "My name is Budi, we've rescued you alongside your men in the naval battle off the coast of Maihark and we've taken you to Indonesia. Of course you're in here because we want to get some knowledge on certain things."

Sharkun sighed as he now knew his men were safe, but felt suspicious on what information the Indonesians want.

"What is this information you're seeking?"

"First and foremost, we'd like to know what your country plans are for continent if it wins the war and how they will achieve it."

Sharkun felt his suspicion was correct, "I refuse to leak secrets of the crown!"

"Hmm.. I guess it was not going to be this easy. How about we let you ask us any question in exchange of it?"

Sharkun thought for a moment before giving in, "Alright, but there are still some questions I will not answer. Is your country in possession of weapons from the Ancient Sorcerous Empire?"

"The ancient what?" Budi asked, confused by Sharkun's answer.

"The Ancient Sorcerous Empire, they are a country that used to rule this world millenias ago."

"I don't think we're that Empire, as our country is only almost 80 years old."

"80 years old?! Then how did it achieve such power to defeat a fleet of 600 with only 3 ships?" Sharkun asked in disbelief.

"We are a transferred country, which means our country does not belong to this world, though we still don't know the exact cause."

Sharkun raised his eyebrows in suspicion, "I don't completely believe your story but it would explain your country's strength."

"What is this Ancient Sorcerous Empire?" Budi asked.

"Their real name was the Ravernal Empire, but they also had overwhelming technological might that still surpasses the countries of the world today."

"That could be concerning, do you know what their weapons are?"

"I've only read it in books about legends, but I remember about demon lords and magic that could create huge explosions that can wipe out huge areas."

Budi noted Sharkun's explanation of this Ancient Sorcerous Empire as the interrogation went on. With Sharkun's help, Indonesia was able to get more knowledge of the new world.

Jakarta, August 19th, 1639

Merdeka Palace

In the Presidential office, President Hendra was listening to one of his aides regarding new information from the captured PoWs.

"...Aside from the Lourian plans we have already notified the Ministry of Defense, we still have another one."

"What is it about?" Hendra asked.

"Apparently we have learned something about the ancient history of this world. It seemed that a hegemonic Empire called the Ravernal Empire used to dominate this world before transporting themselves into the future."

"I don't see anything wrong with that, but why is it important?"

"We believe that this empire could be in possession of nuclear weapons, and since they are going to be transported into the future, they may pose a huge threat."

"Nuclear weapons?!" Hendra said in surprised, "That is very concerning, have we already notified of the Ministry of Education and Technology, and the Ministry of Defense?"

"I believe so, sir. If I remember correctly, a budget increase for the Military and Research and Development is on the works just recently."

"Well then, let's hope that the House of Representatives approves of it."

Although Indonesia has yet to discover everything this world has to offer, the new information regarding this seemingly huge threat have now convinced the government officials that this world could be much more hostile than the Earth they know.

7