Chapter 10 – Counter Attack
276 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, August 25th, 1639

Town of Gim

In the town of Gim, which had been captured by the Lourians, Pandor and the other officers, including Adem was holding a meeting.

"Our army who had held a siege on Ejei had all surrendered. Along with the loss of our navy in Maihark, we have lost the ability to continue with our offensive." A soldier reported

"Tsk, i shouldn't have trusted him with this task." Adem muttered, angered by the defeat in Ejei and the loss of most of his army.

"In addition to this, I believe that their forces will soon attack Gim and push us back to the border where we started." The soldier further added.

"Adem, what do plan to do now?" General Pandor asked calmly.

A figure whispered something into Adem's ears, which caused Adem's face to go pale until he realized his conduct in front of General Pandor and answered his question with a straight face.

"General, I.." Adem paused for a second before continuing, "I shall head back to the capital to inform them of this situation. If I head there personally, I may be able to convince them of the severity of the situation and respond with an appropriate response."

"I see," Pandor answered, "With the loss of our army, the war will likely be lost. I will entrust you with this duty then."

Adem quickly left the room along the figure as Louria's officers continued their meeting.

"Considering that most of our army has been annihilated, I think we should use the town to prevent a battle in the open field." One of the officers suggested.

The other officers of the meeting started to discuss with each other as an idea was brought up.

"That's a great idea, but we are still outnumbered by them." Another officer answered.

"Then we could use the wyverns strategically to ambush their soldiers as they charge towards our lines, and use the town's street to force them through a chokepoint."

The Lourians continued their meeting as they argued on the best way to defend Gim and buy enough time for the capital to respond. They debated each idea that was presented, but they managed to agree on a strategy.

The meeting ended a while later and the individuals involved began preparing for the defense of the town.

Somewhere West of Gim

Two figures had mounted a horse and were moving across the Qua-Toynian border into the Kingdom of Louria as the Lourian commanders were informed of the defeat in Ejei. One wore a suit of armor and the one following him wore a robe. Adem was the one in the front as he quickly escaped from Gim.

Adem thought to himself of the defeats Louria has suffered ever since the entry of the Indonesians into the war. The reports did not make sense, but the fact that Louria has lost its ability to win the war was clear and now they wl soon attack Gim.

"Light arrows that follows its target... Large ships capable of sinking a 600 strong fleet and launching those light arrows?

There's no way.. They can't be the Ancient Sorcerous Empire.. I need to tell this to that person!"

He did not completely believe that these Indonesians are the Ancient Sorcerous Empire, but those reports made him shiver at the thought of it as that Empire also possessed similar weaponry capable of dominating even the strongest countries of the world.

East of Gim, August 26th, 1639

The next day came for the defenders as they waited for the anticipated attack on the town. In the East of the town, a force of both Qua-Toynian and Indonesian armies approached the city, meanwhile a recon plane flew above the city.

In one of the Anoa APCs of the Indonesian army, the soldiers were talking to each other about the intel report from their recon plane.

"It seems that the Lourians have abandoned their defenses in the outskirts of the town." A soldier asked.

"Really? Are they giving up?" Another soldier said in disbelief.

"Apparently intelligence from our recon planes spotted them moving into the town."

"So it seems that they have acknowledged their defeat in Ejei and abandoned an open battle. How many soldiers was defeated in that battle?"

"It should be most of their army, so this battle should be pretty short."

One of the higher ranking soldier in the APC spoke up after listening to their conversation, "Don't be too cocky now, who knows what the Lourians have in store for us."

The conversation soon ended as they began entering the town. As soon as they entered the town, they encountered the defending Lourians near the entrance of the town. The Lourians were in formations and had their shields up.

Unfortunately for the Lourian army, the Indonesian army began firing their machine guns at their formations.

'BRRRRT!'

'BRRRRT!'

As the machine guns fired from the tanks and APCs, the Lourian soldiers began dropping like flies as their armor failed to protect from the barrage of bullets that came at them.

Soon enough, the formation of Lourian soldiers were quickly annihilated and the Indonesian army continued moving into the town to secure it.

In one of the Harimau tanks deployed, the commander of the tank receives a report from the recon plane overhead.

"Alright, rotate the turret 90° to the left. Report says that there's a wyvern in the intersection ahead."

"Isn't that reckless?" The gunner said to his commander.

"I wanna see for myself on how tough these wyverns are."

The tank turned its turret and prepared to fire a round as it quickly moved into an intersection. But before the tank could fire a shot, the wyvern released its fireballs first, scoring a direct hit.

The tank rocked as it was pushed by the force of the fireball and stopped as it dissipated.

"Damage report!" The commander of the tank said.

"No major damages, only some equipment malfunction and a loose track." The driver reported.

The commander sighed in relief as the fireball wasn't able to destroy the tank, "Alright, let's give this reptilian a taste of a 105mm shell!"

The wyvern flapped its wings to escape after noticing that the tank took no damage. Unfortunately, the tank fired its shell before it could do so, causing the barrel to recoil as the shell escaped the barrel and into the wyvern.

'BOOM!'

The result of the shot was a completely obliterated wyvern as it failed to survive a direct hit from a tank shell. The remains of the wyvern fell into the ground with a loud thump as gravity pulled the corpse onto the ground.

"How disappointing.. They're a lot weaker than I thought." The tank commander said with a disappointed face.

At the end of the day, the Indonesian army was able to clear the town from any more Lourian defenders. Although casualties and injuries were reported, the amount was limited due to the help of a recon plane flying overhead.

Government Conference Area (Lotus Garden), August 27th, 1639

Prime Minister Kanata and his ministers were yet having another meeting as the news of Gim's recapture had reached their ears.

"With Gim having been returned to our hands, we have pushed the Lourians back to the border." The Minister of Military Affairs reported.

"I see... What do the Indonesians plan to do from now on?" Kanata asked.

"They are going to negotiate a peace treaty with the Lourians to end the war." Yagou answered.

"That's it?! They're not going to continue the offensive and take their capital?" Rinsui asked, clearly surprised.

"Yes, the Indonesians believe in dialogue, so I think they will try their best to convince the Lourians to end the war." Yagou added.

"Then let's hope the Indonesians can end this war without any more bloodshed." Kanata said.

With the tide of the war having been turned to the favour of Qua-Toyne, the government of Qua-Toyne looked hopeful as they hoped the war would end quickly and peacefully.

 


References:

Harimau/Kaplan Medium Tank

Also known as the Modern Medium Weight Tank (MMWT), this is a lightweight tank made by Turkish FNSS and Indonesian PT Pindad. Indonesia ordered 18 units and will replace the older AMX 13 tanks in their inventory.

Pindad APS-3 "Anoa" 6x6

A 6x6 Armored Personnel Carrier made by Indonesian PT Pindad designed in 2006 and produced from 2008-present. As of 2019, Indonesia currently has around 400 units.

7