Chapter 11 – Kingdom’s Fate
243 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Parpaldian Empire, August 28th, 1639

Esthirant

In the prosperous and bustling city of Esthirant, a palace stood out within the huge and beautiful city. The city is the capital of the Parpaldian Empire and the palace is the Imperial Palace where the Emperor of Parpaldia resided. In the throne of the throne room, which was decorated with various beautiful ornaments and decorations, was Emperor Ludius, the current ruler of the Parpaldian Empire.

However, despite the magnificent palace that the Emperor resided in, his face was full of fury, clearly angered at something. He was not angry because of something petty like a spoiled child, but it was because of Louria.

"During their conquest of the Rodenius continent, Louria has suffered catastrophic defeats in Maihark, Ejei, and Gim. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that they will successfully unite Rodenius." An envoy reported.

"Those Lourians.." Ludius clenched his fist and slammed it on the armrest of his throne, "Who could have done this?"

"According to the Lourians, apparently a nation called the Republic of Indonesia had quickly turned the tides of the war within a matter of weeks."

"Hmm.. Republic of Indonesia, you say?" Ludius' face quickly changed from anger to one full of curiosity.

"Kaios!" Ludius called out a name within the crowd which gathered in the room.

"Yes, your majesty!" Kaios bowed as the Emperor called out his name.

"I will assign you to investigate these Indonesians. I am sure you are up to the task." Ludius ordered.

"As you wish!" Kaios answered.

Ludius then looked back at the envoy, "Tell these Lourians that they have wasted the patience and resources of the Parpaldian Empire and we will now take matters into our hands."

Having seen the constant defeats of the Lourians, the Parpaldian Empire was furious at what they saw as incompetency by the hands of Louria.

An oversight army was therefore created in the South of the Parpaldian Empire. While not the largest Parpaldia has ever deployed to a campaign, it was more than enough to punish the Lourians.

Kingdom of Louria, August 29th, 1639

Jin-Hark

In the city of Jin-Hark, the Lourian king listened in disappointment as he learns of the defeats that the Lourian Army have suffered.

"Even though we managed to raise the strongest military on this continent." The king thought as he clenched his fist.

For years he had endured of the humiliation of bowing down to the Parpaldian Empire to achieve its goals. When they finally supported Louria after countless concessions, the Indonesians came and ruined it all.

"Why was I not informed sooner about our defeat in Ejei?"

"I thought Adem has already told you, your majesty! He said he was going to inform you of it before Gim fell."

"Adem? That bastard.. I haven't heard of from him at all. That means he has ran away!"

The king became even furious after finding out the traitorous act that Adem has done.

"Recall the Indonesian diplomat and negotiate for peace, meanwhile I want Adem arrested and hanged at all cost!" The king ordered.

Posters announcing a bounty on Adem's head was put all over the kingdom as Louria tries to end the war through diplomatic means.

The Ocean, North of Rodenius, August 31st, 1639

KRI Pattimura

The KRI Pattimura, a Martadinata-class frigate, is on a patrol on the North side of the Rodenius Continent. Its primary mission is to prevent any Lourian ships into the territorial waters of Qua-Toyne.

However, the crew knew that the Lourians would be unable to amass a fleet to attack them after their major defeat in Maihark. Regardless, their superiors wanted to be sure that the Lourian naval threat was gone and sent them on a patrol.

The day was peaceful as ever, as they expected the war would end without having to fire a single shot. This was true until a fleet appeared in the radar of the ship.

"Captain, we have spotted a large fleet of ships nearby." A crewman reported.

"Wait, were Lourians seriously able to raise an entire fleet? I thought they lost their entire fleet in Maihark." The captain replied with a surprised face.

"I don't think it's the Lourians, sir. They're coming from the North."

"So a foreign power have decided to join the conflict?"

"We're not sure, high command has not given us any updates regarding the war after we retook Gim."

"Then I believe we should just stay put so we don't cause a diplomatic incident, but just to be safe, we should follow that fleet."

Unknown to the crew of the Martadinata-class frigate, they had spotted the Parpaldian Oversight Army aimed to attack the Kingdom of Louria.

Kingdom of Louria, November 3rd, 1639

Having been pushed back to the border by the Indonesians and the threat of a possible Parpaldian invasion, the remaining wyverns that the Lourians had were deployed around the capital to patrol the surrounding areas, while any manpower that the Lourians could muster was mobilized to defend the kingdom.

It was clear for everyone that the war was lost, as Louria had lost its entire army, navy, and most of its navy and could not continue the war or even properly defend the country. This had caused the atmosphere within the remaining Lourian soldiers and wyvern knights to drop as they believed everything was lost for the nation. If Indonesia didn't conquer them, then surely Parpaldia would.

Of course, the king was desperate to prevent his kingdom from being eradicated from the map, so he ordered negotiations with Parpaldia and Indonesia.

In a meeting room, Erwin, the Lourian diplomat to Indonesia met with his Indonesian counterpart, Hartono to negotiate a peace treaty.

"The Kingdom of Louria would like to propose an end to the war." Erwin stated.

"Well then, I see that your country has accepted the situation. Fortunately, my country has already prepared some demands that Louria should be able to do." Hartono answered as he opened up his briefcase and revealed a few documents he had brought.

"What are those demands?"

"They should be easy to achieve as we are not requesting for the demise of your kingdom. First, we simply want you to hand over the people responsible for the atrocities in Gim and this includes your king as he is also suspect.

The second demand are war reparations for the various atrocities that your kingdom has done

The third is a non-aggression pact with both Qua-Toyne and Quila. The specific details can be discussed further if your country wishes to do so, but we can leave it for another time." Hartono explained while handing him a document of the demands.

Erwin was shocked at the demands of the Indonesians, "What would happen to our country if our monarch is gone?!"

"We will not be completely abolishing the Lourian monarchy. The king will simply face a tribunal for his actions while the monarchy will be spared, although their powers powers will probably be reduced to a figurehead. Of course the king's fate will later be decided."

"I see.. I will report this to my king and he will decide on the response of these demands." Erwin took the document as he thanked his Indonesian counterpart.

"Thank you for your cooperation. I will be awaiting your king's response."

The meeting would end as both parties left the room to work on paving the way for the end of the war between Qua-Toyne and Louria. Unfortunately for them, these efforts will end up in vain as the Parpaldian Empire made their move.

8