Chapter 12 – Fallen Kingdom
253 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin-Hark, November 4th, 1639

The Indonesian demands were reported to the king as he sat in his throne room. He had calmed down from his anger a few days ago and accepted the situation.

"Then I shall accept their demands."

"But your majesty, who knows what the Indonesians will do once you turn yourself in!"

"We have no choice but to accept their demands, we cannot hope to win against them." The king said as he explained the futility of the situation.

"What about the Parpaldians?!"

"If the Parpaldians arrive after I have turned myself in, then I will leave the situation to you, Maus."

Just then, a soldier came into the throne room, clearly in a hurry.

"Your majesty! The Parpaldian attack has arrived!"

---

Outside of the castle and near the Jin-Hark's northern port were Parpaldian ships. The Parpaldian fleet consisted of Ship of The Lines of various rates, alongside some smaller ships which possessed an engine on the top of the deck. There were a couple of metal armoured frigates as well, although they only amount to 2 ships in total.

As their starboard side faced the Lourian capital, the Parpaldian ships fired their cannons at the city in volleys while the remaining Lourian ships that escaped from the battle of Maihark sank easily.

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

Huge clouds of smoke formed on the starboard side of the Parpaldian ships as cannonballs flew from the ships and hitting the various buildings in the city. Many buildings crumbled as the Parpaldian cannons made short work of the stone buildings that laid all over Jin-Hark.

From the Parpaldian ships were waves of rowboats filled with Parpaldian infantry which were heading straight towards the city.

"They're about to land! Release all of your arrows!" A Lourian soldier shouted.

The Lourian soldiers gathered into the docks and fired their arrows at the incoming Parpaldian attack, but most of the arrows would miss as they simply splashed into the ocean water.

Meanwhile in the skies, Parpaldian wyvern lords, which took off from the Parpaldian carriers, dominated the skies as they easily defeated any Lourian wyverns that came to challenge them. Jin-Hark's anti-air defenses tried to take down the Parpaldian wyvern lords, however they were soon overwhelmed.

"Are those wyvern lords!? They're a lot stronger than our wyverns!" A Lourian wyvern knight pointed out

"If that's the case, then let's focus on their ships!" Another one said.

Some of the Lourian wyverns changed their target and now headed straight for the Parpaldian ships. However as they dived down to their target, a barrage of shots were launched from the anti-air mounts that the bigger or more armored Parpaldian ships had. These rapid firing guns would create quite a bit of smoke as it fired at the Lourian wyverns.

'BRRRRRRRRRRRRT!'

'BRRRRRRRRRRRRT!'

Although it did not fire as fast and as accurate as the CIWS of the Indonesian ships in Maihark and were present in only a few ships, it had a devastating effect as the wyvern's scales failed to defend itself from the barrage of bullets that came at them. Each bullet pierced the scales of the wyverns and quickly killed them.

Meanwhile the rowboats unloaded the troops that were on them which quickly fired at the Lourian soldiers using the muskets that they had brought with them.

"Teach these Lourians the might of the Parpaldian Empire!" A Parpaldian officer shouted, which roused the morale of his soldiers.

'BANG!'

'BANG!'

Shot after shot, the muskets proved their effectiveness over the primitive weapons the Lourians had as they struggle to repel the invasion.

Many Lourian soldiers fell as their armor, which protected against swords and arrows was completely useless against the bullets fired by the Parpaldian muskets.

"They're too strong! We're getting overwhelmed!" A Lourian soldier said before being killed by a musket shot.

"If we can't beat them in a ranged battle, then charge!" A Lourian officer ordered.

The Lourians shouted their battlecry as the masses of Lourian soldiers ran towards the Parpaldian lines.

"These damn barbarians!" A Parpaldian officer said before shouting his orders, "Make ready!"

The Parpaldian soldiers quickly held their muskets up, perpendicular to the ground and pulled the lock of the musket.

"Present!"

The soldiers lowered their muskets into a firing position as they aimed at the charging Lourians.

"Fire!"

'BANG!'

After this quick chain of commands, a volley of musket shots occured as every soldier pulled the trigger which killed the Lourians as they charged. This command was then followed by the line behind them as the line on the front crouched.

The orders were relayed quickly, resulting in a relentless volley fire between each rank of Parpaldian lines that was quickly followed by another one in a couple of seconds.

The relentless volleys had a devastating effect as it killed almost all of the Lourian soldiers before they reached the Parpaldian ranks, while the ones that did were quickly outnumbered and killed with bayonets.

The port was filled by the bodies of Lourian soldiers as they faced the might of the Parpaldian Empire. Unfortunately for the Lourians that went to surrender, the Parpaldians were taking not taking prisoners as they shot every single Lourian soldiers that had surrendered.

After around a couple of hours since the attack began, the northern side of the capital was completely secured by the Parpaldian forces, although much of it was destroyed by the bombardment from the Parpaldian wyverns and ships.

The Parpaldian soldiers entered the castle grounds and went on to clear all of the rooms within the castle. Lourian guards were shot dead as the Parpaldian infantry slowly cleared each floor.

As they moved further into the castle, they finally reached the throne room. The soldiers pushed open the huge door of the throne room and pointed their guns straight towards the throne.

Sitting on the throne was King Hark Louria, protected by 5 royal guards in front of him. As soon as the guards made a move, the Parpaldian muskets fired their shots, killing all of the guards in the room.

"So.. This is how my reign ends."

An officer commanding the group of soldiers moved in front of the soldiers and confronted the King.

"I see that the Lourian king, despite his so-called 'greatness' could not even lift a finger against a Parpaldian invasion." The officer said with a smug face, which angered King Hark.

"So what do you Parpaldian scums want to do with me?" King Hark asked while gritting his teeth.

"It's obvious, you're coming with us to be presented to our glorious Emperor."

"And my kingdom?"

"I'm sure the Emperor can decide for himself. Apprehend him!" The officer answered, after which he orders his men to apprehend the Lourian king.

The Parpaldian soldiers began closing in, muskets pointed straight at the king. Seeing no way of escape, King Hark Louria raises both of his hands and surrendered himself to the Parpaldian Empire.

With the Lourian government decapitated and its capital secured by Parpaldia, the rest of the kingdom swiftly fell under the hands of the Parpaldian Empire.

An hour before

KRI Pattimura

The crew of the KRI Pattimua watched as they saw the Lourian capital besieged by an unknown force. Smoke could be seen from the city as the large ships fired their cannons towards the city, reducing many buildings to rubble.

"Seems like the Lourians are struggling to repel them, captain." A crewmate pointed out as he looked into his binoculars.

The captain looked into the city with his binoculars, spectating the ongoing attack. In the city, he could see colonial era infantry firing at the unfortunate Lourian soldiers with their muskets.

"Here I thought the countries of this world were all in the medieval era. I guess I was wrong after all." A crewmate said while conversing with a fellow crewmate.

"Should we really not intervene?" The fellow crewmate asked.

"I heard the captain didn't want to cause a diplomatic incident. So we're ordered to just watch and report the incident."

The frigate would later report back to Indonesia that the Lourian capital has fallen from an unknown army.

Unknown to them at the time, they had witnessed the Parpaldian attack on Louria as they sought to conquer the kingdom.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, November 6th, 1639

Maihark

Having been lifted from a blockade, the port city of Maihark was slowly recovering from the damages it endured. Around the city, many buildings were still being rebuild and during this time, the Principality of Qua-Toyne and the Republic of Indonesia is discussing a deal to rebuild and improve on the city.

The meeting was going on for hours as both sides negotiated with the other, hoping to achieve a better deal from their counterpart. As the meeting ended, the Indonesian diplomat, Suratman asked his counterpart, Yagou.

"My government has received a report of a foreign nation attacking the Kingdom of Louria. According to the reports, the attackers had guns and large ships that had sails and cannons. There were a number of similar sized ships that were made out of metal and ones that had a large metal box on top of its decks."

"Hmm.. as far as I know, the only country that has a navy which fits that description and would do such a thing is the Parpaldian Empire." Yagou answered

"The Parpaldian Empire?"

"Yes, they're the strongest country of the 3rd Civilization. Their military might far surpasses that of Louria's."

"I see.. Speaking of which, what does this 'Civilization' term mean?"

"It's simply a term by the superpowers to consider who's civilized and who's not. Like our country, your nation is also outside of this area."

"So that means, to the established great powers, we're simply barbarians?"

"Indeed. I believe your country may have to prove yourself to be recognized. I have seen the strength of your country and believe that its far from one ruled by barbarians."

"I see.. Thank you."

Suratman thanked the Qua-Toyne diplomat and took his leave.

With the attacker behind the fall of the Lourian Capital revealed, the war in Rodenius came to an unexpected end for both sides as the core territories of the Kingdom of Louria were conquered by the Parpaldian Empire.

7