Chapter 13 – Great Power’s Fall
282 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gra Valkas Empire, November 5th, 1639

Ragna, Capital City of the Gra Valkas Empire

Located in the far west of the world, is an industrialized empire. Although located outside of the 'civilized' area, the nation itself had astounding technological prowess compared to its neighbors. The roads of their capital were filled with cars commuting to various places, as people filled the sidewalks of the city.

Within the city of Ragna, a certain building stood in the city. The building is the Information Bureau of the Empire and inside of it were rooms filled with bulky radios, electronic equipment.

"Your Excellency, we have just received an update from our spies in Rodenius." A man in a black suit reported.

"What is the report?" The man being addressed as 'Your Excellency' asked.

"It appears that the war in Rodenius that was reported a couple of weeks ago has finally ended."

"I see, I assume Louria won?"

"No, sir. It seems that another country has joined in the war and they shortly managed to turn the tides of the war and Louria was quickly finished off by Parpaldia."

"Now that's interesting. Are there any more information about this new country?" The man asked, clearly interested.

"They are called the Republic of Indonesia. Unfortunately, we still don't know much about their military might. However, our spies have seen a glimpse of their military in Maihark, specifically their naval power.

The reports say metal ships about the size of our cruisers armed with one but extremely accurate gun."

"Is that it? Then we shouldn't be too concerned about them."

"That's not all, sir. Those ships seemed to possess some sort of anti-air gun capable of firing bullets extremely rapidly towards their air targets and also guided rockets which can down air targets."

"Really?" 'His Excellency' then scratched his head, "Seems like we'll need to take this information more carefully.

Anyways, what is the current progress regarding Leifor?"

"The national oversight army has finished resupplying. We have already sent a battleship escorted by a few destroyers and a couple of light cruisers."

"Sounds a bit overkill to send a battleship to these barbarians, but I guess the admiral wanted to strike fear."

National Oversight Army

En route to Leifor was a fleet of 6 ships flying the flag of the Gra Valkas Empire. In the middle of the fleet was the biggest battleship of the empire, the Grade Atlastar.

Its 3 turrets of 460mm guns and 2 155mm guns proudly aimed towards the horizon while its many anti-air guns littered the sides of the superstructure of the huge battleship. The bridge was tall as if it was a castle on top of a steel behemoth, while a single but large funnel was located behind it.

The captain of the Grade Atlastar, Luxtal, stood inside the bridge of the battleship as he gazed at the sea in front of the battleship.

"Captain, we've detected numerous flying objects in the radar from the direction of the Leiforian fleet!" One of the radioman reported.

The flying objects in question were the Leiforian wyverns approaching the Gra Valkan fleet.

Although they were initially wary of the strange creatures, it was soon discovered that they stood no match for the empire's Antares fighters as the much agile fighters dodged any attacks the wyverns used and were able to swiftly kill them.

"Order the fleet to engage in anti-air combat." Luxtal ordered.

The crew of the 6 ships rushed to man the anti-air guns and prepared to attack the wyvern squadrons approaching them. Each anti-air gun were manned and aimed towards the direction of where the wyverns were coming from.

Slowly but eventually, the huge formation of wyverns appeared in the skies, intending to overwhelm the enemy with its sheer numbers, but before they could get close, black smokes appeared in the skies around the Leiforian wyverns.

Due to the densely packed nature of the wyverns, the anti-aircraft guns aimed at the wyverns and fired their proximity fuses. As a result, many wyverns were taken out by the detonations caused by the AA guns.

Leiforian Fleet

A fleet of 29 Ship of The Lines, Armoured Frigates, and Wyvern Carriers sailed slowly towards the Gra Valkan fleet. This fleet flew the Leiforian flag and sailed to fight the Gra Valkas Empire after its subjugation of Leifor's protectorate, Paganda.

The fleet was commanded by Admiral Bal of the Leiforian Navy. He stood on the decks of the 100 gun Ship of the Line flagship, The Holy.

"How is the status of our wyvern lords?" Bal asked one of his communication operator.

"U-Unfortunately, the wyverns we sent were... wiped out."

"Impossible! There's no way they were taken out that easily!" Bal objected to his operator's report.

"While it's difficult to believe, our communications were cut off."

"It seems that these barbarians have more fight in them than I anticipated. No matter, I will make sure they pay for their actions."

"Enemy fleet spotted right in front of us!" A sailor reported.

Bal took a look at the Gra Valkas fleet with his spyglass and spots 6 huge ships coming out from the horizon, one of which were especially large.

"Don't they look a bit like Mu's ships?" He muttered.

Suddenly, a cloud of white smoke appeared in front of their fleet and moments later, huge splashes occured around the Leiforian ships while some Ship of The Lines were sunk by a huge explosion.

'BOOM!'

'BOOM!'

"They can shoot from that far?!" Bal said in surprise.

"Ship of The Line Gaofors and Toronto has been sunk!"

"Order all ships to spread out and activate the Tears of The Wind God! We cannot let them sink our fleet in one go!" He ordered to his comm officer

The Leiforian fleet began to spread out as it started to speed up towards the Gra Valkas fleet. However, as the fleet approached closer, the enemy's aim improved and the frequency of the ship sunk increased as they approached closer.

'BOOM!'

"Armoured Frigate Leifor has been sunk!"

This was a surprise for all the crewmen of the Leiforian ships as not only the ship sunk bore the name of their nation, it was also protected by metal armor from Mu and the latest anti-magic shields Leifor could produce. This ship was the pride of the Leiforian navy and was also sunk easily by the Gra Valkas ships.

As much as they tried to deny it as fantasy, the truth became apparent as the Gra Valkas Empire clearly had an overwhelming edge over Leifor. With the sinking of many of their strongest ships and the Leifor, the crew of the fleet went into panic.

With only a few ships remaining, Bal made his decision as he clenched his fist in anger, "Raise the flag of surrender.."

A flag was hoisted on the flagship's masts, symbolizing the declaration of surrender.

Gra Valkas Fleet

"So this is what a 'great power' in this world amounts to, how disappointing. We haven't showed them the full might of our navy and yet they easily surrendered from a few ships." Luxtal said.

The fleet approached the surrendering Leiforian fleet, intending to capture their admiral and other high ranking officials in their fleet.

As the Gra Valkas ships approached, the Leiforian ships began moving and turning its sides towards the Gra Valkas ships, before promptly firing their full barrage of cannonballs.

'BOOM!'

The Leiforian ships fired in unison at the Gra Valkas ships. However, as the smoke cleared, it showed no damage to the Gra Valkas ship's hulls.

"They call us barbarians, but here they are attacking after a surrender. These 'civilized' people are hypocrites. Order the fleet to sink them, they don't deserve mercy for this!"

The guns of every Gra Valkan ships began rotating as it aimed towards each ship of the Leiforian Navy. Moments after the guns were aimed, they fired upon every Leiforian ships which all quickly sunk.

"Should we punish them even more?"

"Hmm.." Luxtal thought for a moment, "I know, their capital is just off the shore isn't it? Let's punish them by reducing their capital to ash."

The Gra Valkas fleet all began to move as it passed through the wrecks of the Leiforian Navy and headed for their capital, Leiforia.

As the fleet reached the Leiforian capital, all of the ships began firing their main guns at the city. Their shells easily destroyed the brick buildings that were all over the city, crumbling on top of unsuspecting bystanders.

The castle which their king resided was destroyed by the huge shells of the Grade Atlastar. As it crumbled into ruins, the unfortunate Leiforian king brutally died alongside the rest of his family.

From this day forward, with the swift fall of the former great power, Leifor, the Gra Valkas Empire had cemented itself as a force to be reckoned with in the New World.

9