Chapter 14 – Parpaldian Diplomacy
258 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mu, November 10th, 1639

Otaheit

The city of Otaheit looked to be a prospering city as it was the city of one of the world's superpowers. It was filled with cars of various sizes moving at a calm pace in the paved roads of the city while sidewalks were littered with pedestrians walking on top of it.

Maikal Square was filled with people as cars went around the plaza on the roads that encircled it. The people that were in the area sat around the 2 fountains that were on the opposite end of each other while a pillar-like monument stood in the middle with a statue of a Muan historical figure on top of it.

Near that square was a government building. This building is the Information and Analysis Division building, a part of the Intelligence Agency of the nation which analyzed information from the countries of the world.

Technical Officer Myrus was working inside this building as he read a recent report on Leifor on the desk of his office. He broke into a cold sweat as he looked at the report which contained a photographs on a nation called the Gra Valkas Empire.

"This is really bad..."

The photographs contained a figure of the battleship called the Grade Atlastar, which had turned Leiforia into ruins.

Even though Mu was a scientifically advanced nation, he felt that this Gra Valkas Empire was much more advanced than they were. Myrus was somewhat knowledgeable on magic, but this ship didn't look like a magic ships that the Mirishials had.

The ship also seemed to potentially be much bigger than Mu's latest battleship, the HMMS Admiral. The Admiral had Mu's most advanced technologies and 4 turrers mounting 15-inch doubles on the bow and stern of the ship. These guns allowed it to shoot further than the Ship of The Lines that the Great Powers had and made the Admiral to capable enough compete against the magic battleships of the Holy Mirishial Empire.

Myrus scratched his head as he read the report, "I should report this to the Foreign Affairs ministry and convince them to quickly establish diplomatic contact..."

Myrus stored the document in one of the shelves as he opened another one containing the report of the war between Qua-Toyne and Louria. It seems that a new country calling itself as the Republic of Indonesia had joined in the war and turned the tides of the war within weeks.

"It would make sense if it was either a superpower or a great power, but..."

For Myrus, he had never heard of a nation called Indonesia. He took out a photograph from the report and examined its contents, the photo had a metal ship about the size of multiple cruisers near Maihark, but different from the cruisers that Mu had, the Indonesian ships only had a single gun on the front.

"I don't get this design philosophy at all, but I guess this is another country we need to establish talks with."

Parpaldian Empire, November 15th, 1639

Esthirant

Within the capital city of the Parpaldian Empire, a brick building of 3 floors stood. This building was the Third Foreign Affairs office responsible for dealing with countries outside the civilized areas.

Kaios, a middle aged man with a long mustache, was in his office, scrambling for reports from Louria. The report that he was looking for were ones including the Republic of Indonesia.

He took out reports regarding the Naval Battle of Maihark, the Siege of Ejei, and the 2nd Battle of Gim. After finding those three reports, he would start looking into it for details.

The report mentions guided light arrows, metal ships, and a barrage of bullets coming from their ships similar to what Parpaldia was starting to produce, though it was still rather bulky. Meanwhile, the other weapons mentioned reminded him of the Ancient Sorcerous Empire, though he refused to believe it.

"Could they have support from the 1st or 2nd civilization?" He thought to himself.

Just then, one of his subordinates knocked on the door to his office to which he answered, "Enter."

The subordinate entered the room, and looked at Kaios as he read the reports.

"Sir, there are foreign ships on the harbor."

Kaios sighed, "Ships always come to our harbor. If you don't have anything to report, then I'd like you to leave."

"That's not what I meant, sir. A metal ship has arrived and identified them as ships from the Republic of Indonesia. I heard you were assigned to investigate them, so I figured I should let you know."

Kaios looked up at his subordinate, "Indonesia? Why didn't you say that earlier?"

Kaios immediately put his documents back to where he put it as he prepared to rush towards the metal ships.

---

In the port, a metal ship stopped nearby while soldiers gathered. Kaios rushed to the scene as and looked at the large ship.

"Such a huge ship!" Kaios pointed out.

The ship in question was the Ahmad Yani-class frigate and it was larger than any other ship Kaios had seen before outside the 1st and 2nd civilization. Compared to the Empire alone, it was bigger than the old Ship of The Lines that Parpaldia had which were being phased out, and even was more impressive than the magic boats and ironclads that they were producing. Like Mu's ships, it had a funnel but seemed to only have a single small gun.

A small boat was released from the ship, which approached the docks at extremely high speeds. Kaios, including all of the other people who were at the scene stood in shock as it was much faster than any other sailboat.

"Such speeds! Could they possibly have an engine crammed into that tiny boat?" Kaios pointed out.

As the boat docked, a man disembarked followed by 3 other people. The man wore an odd black suit with a red tie, similar to the ones following him.

Kaios approached the man and introduced himself, "Welcome to the Parpaldian Empire, I am Kaios, a director for the 3rd Foreign Affairs office. I heard you are from the Republic of Indonesia?"

The man replied and introduced himself, "Thank you for the warm welcome. My name is Gunawan, I have come to represent my country."

"Then how about we head over to the 3rd Foreign Affairs office?"

"Oh sure, I wouldn't mind."

The two walked towards the office building as Gunawan took in the sights the town had to offer. After reaching the office, the two entered the building and entered Kaios' office.

The office had some decorations, but was not excessive. It was pleasing to the eyes for Gunawan as he took a seat in one of the available chairs in Kaios' office and opened his briefcase on top of the desk.

"Alright, I'll say it again. Welcome to the Parpaldian Empire, what does your country want from our country?"

"The Republic of Indonesia would like to establish diplomatic relations and a possible trade relations between our countries."

"Ooh.. I have heard of your nations feats in Rodenius. Does your nation you have support from Mu?"

"Who are these Muans?" Gunawan asked.

"Mu is a nation in the far west of the world and they are a superpower. They're behind the Mirishials in rankings, but they currently have the largest navy and airforce."

"Oh, that's surprising, I believe these Mirishials are the strongest in this world?"

"That is correct. Anyways, If that's the case then how did your country obtain that ship?"

"Ah yes, I haven't explained this yet." Gunawan took out his documents containing information regarding Indonesia, "We are a transferred country from another world, so our technology did not come from this world."

Kaios read Gunawan's documents which were written in the common language. It had some details such as the exact size and population of the country.

The information caught the intention of Kaios as some details surprised him.

"A size that is unbelieveable for a barbarian nation and a population that is quadruple of ours.. This means we shouldn't treat them like any other barbarian nation." Kaios thought to himself.

"Ahem.." Kaios cleared his throat, "Are you sure this information can be trusted?"

"It's up to you to trust it or not, but that is the information regarding our country."

For Kaios, Gunawan's words seemed genuine although he still had some doubts such as the population size which he considered ridiculous.

Suddenly in the middle of their talks, Kaios' telephone started to ring. It had a box underneath the phone while a cable connected the handle of the receiver and transmitter on top of the box.

"You have a telephone?" Gunawan asked Kaios, seemingly surprised.

"Ah yes, this is a model that our country produces using managems, they're called manaphones. You might be aware of the manacomms that Qua-Toyne possesses, although this is less bulky. How did you know what this is?"

"Huh.. Is that so? I'm not sure about this manacomm, but I assume it is like our radios or smartphones?" Gunawan answered.

"So they have even progressed their technology up to that point? This nation might be much more impressive than I had thought." Kaios thought again as he nodded to Gunawan's question.

Kaios picked up the phone and nodded as he listened to the person in the other side. The call later ends as Kaios put down the phone and looked back at Gunawan

"It seems that his majesty has been notified of your arrival and wishes to meet you."

"I see, where can I meet him?"

"I can take you to his palace, if you wish."

The two quickly left the Foreign Affairs office and headed towards the Imperial Palace in a carriage. Gunawan took in the sights of the city as the carriage moved towards the palace.

After a while, the carriage reaches the Palace courtyard and a guard approaches the carriage. Kaios and Gunawan exited the carriage and introduced themselves to the guard.

"I'm Kaios from the 3rd Foreign Affairs Office and I have brought the Indonesian diplomat, Gunawan."

"Ah, Sir Kaios, I have been notified me of the matter. I shall lead you two to the throne room."

The guard would lead the both of them inside of the palace and into the throne room. While walking towards the throne room, Kaios talked for a short while with Gunawan.

"As his majesty is the current Emperor, remember to bow when meeting him. He has a bit of a short temper, but I believe you can prevent that from happening."

"I see, I shall mind my manners then."

As they reached the throne room, a large door opened revealing a large red carpet in the hall which leads to an elevation in the room where 2 thrones was located.

While one throne was empty, the other one was occupied by a silver haired man that looked like he's approaching his 30s. He wore beautifully decorated clothing and had a refined and elegant look.

Kaios and Gunawan bowed after walking towards the man, which soon introduces himself.

"I believe that is the Indonesian diplomat, Kaios?"

"Yes he is, your majesty." Kaios replied.

"I see, then welcome to the Parpaldian Empire. I am Ludius, the current Emperor."

"It's a honor to meet you, your majesty."

"I see that you have manners and know your place unlike other barbarians. I have been notified of your arrival and I am interested in what your country has to offer."

"If you insist, I shall explain my country." Gunawan then took out his documents from his briefcase, which he would then explain the contents to Ludius.

After a while, the explanation ended as Ludius listened with an interested look.

"Interesting... The information you have brought me has interested me, and while the matters of trade will be discussed later, I will look forward to what your country can offer to the Empire."

"It's a pleasure to hear that."

"I heard that your country was supposed to arrest the former king of Louria?"

"Ah yes, that would be correct. I assume Parpaldia has taken custody of their king?"

"Indeed, and as a sign of good will from my nation, I can arrange his transport to your country."

"That would be great, the Indonesian government would be pleased to hear that."

"You may go now and continue your discussion with Kaios. I have assigned him to deal with matters regarding your country."

Kaios and Gunawan then left the throne room, escorted by the very same guard which led them there. Meanwhile, one of the officials in the throne room asked the emperor.

"Your majesty, if I may ask?"

"What is it?"

"Regarding the failure in Louria, what do you plan to do now?"

"I shall forgive these Indonesians for their actions. Besides, Louria has proven to be an excellent testing ground for our newer weapons and these Indonesians may prove useful for our country to catch up with the superpowers."

"I see, I apologize for asking, your majesty."

Meanwhile, Kaios and Gunawan were talking as they exited the Imperial Palace.

"Ah right, I forgot to mention, I have been informed that the Muans have recently learned of your nation's existence and would like to contact your nation." Kaios said.

"If you would like to, perhaps we can arrange a meeting between Indonesia and Mu." Kaios added.

"That would be great, I'll be sure to contact my government about this."

With this, the Parpaldian Empire and the Republic of Indonesia established diplomatic relations with each other on good terms. Although trade was not yet established, it would be later discussed.

Republic of Indonesia, November 15th, 1639

National Parliament Building, Jakarta

While the events in Eshtirant were unfolding, the House of Representatives were discussing about the recent budget proposal that passed evaluation from the Minister of Finance.

"...With this budget, we will increase our navy size to 350 vessels while also to develop our very own destroyers, keep our navy modern, and quickly launch a satellite into space by the end of the year.

"Considering that this world is more hostile than Earth, I will support this budget proposal."

"Shouldn't we work on passing bills that would develop the country? Approving this seems to be unnecessary."

"We have gotten information from a Lourian vice admiral regarding a country with potential nuclear capabilities, so we should move with caution and approve of this budget."

"Isn't that just a legend? I don't think we should trust such a thing. The nations we've encountered have extremely outdated technology anyways."

"Regardless of whether it's real or not, we should still exercise caution and progress quickly with developing our technology and military. Besides, we could see a boom in our economy with a huge increase in exports."

"I agree, this world seems to be more hostile than Earth. Although, it will still take us some time before we can get our military back in shape."

"I guess that means we shouldn't carelessly approve of any wars that are either global or far away."

The meeting went a lot smoother than the time when they discussed about a declaration of war. Although some representatives still reject the idea of approving a budget increase, many approved it seeing the potentially hostile nature of this world.

10