Chapter 14.5 – King’s Past
226 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Republic of Indonesia, November 19th, 1639

Former king of Louria, Hark Louria was transferred to the Republic of Indonesia after his time in the jail of the Parpaldian Empire.

The Parpaldian cells was filled with an awful odor that made it much worse than the grey brick wall of the prison which gave an atmosphere that would make one go insane after years of being locked up there. Fortunately, he was released from the hellish Parpaldian prison and was transported on an Indonesian ship which offered a much better quality of living.

Although his cell was still as bland and empty as ever, it was much more comfortable than any Lourian or Parpaldian prison and was devoid of any awful smell. The food that was given to him was also much better than the food given to him by his Parpaldian captors.

Soon the ship docked in the port of Tanjung Priok. As he was escorted outside, his jaw dropped as he gazed upon the unbelievable sight of a modern port. There were many people carrying small cargos from their ships while cranes carried the gigantic ones from one place to another.

"Such size... How were they able to accomplish such an engineering feat?"

He was then taken inside an empty bus which was filled by him and the Indonesian guards. The vehicle itself was also unbelievable as he never seen a horseless carriage that was this long. As he sat in one of the many empty seats of the rectangular bus, the vehicle began to speed up and exited the port.

"How do they manage to create this?" He thought to himself as he looked around the bus.

As the bus drove on the many roads of the Indonesian capital, he marvelled at the sight of buildings of various sizes, some even reached to the skies while many smaller but similar vehicles drove in huge numbers on the roads of the city.

"This is quite the display of national prowess. Even though I have not seen their military might, their engineering and architectural feats seems to clearly show their strength."

After a couple of hours, he would exit the city and reach the countrysides of the Indonesian Republic. As expected, it was not as impressive as their city, but still had the long stretches of paved roads.

As the bus drove on a road next to a railway, a concept still unknown to him, a white object passed by on those very same railway in an unbelievable speed.

"What was that?!" Hark jumped in surprise as the object passed by.

One of his guards answered his question, "Ah, those are our bullet trains. They're like the bus you're in, though its much longer and faster."

Another guard hit the same guard with his elbow as he ordered him to shut up.

The concept of a carriage going that fast was the most unbelievable thing he had ever seen. He had been in various countries before he became king, but he had never seen anything like it.

Soon, the bus stopped in front of a building surrounded by trees. It had walls and a watch tower, as if it was protecting something inside. However, this building was not designed to protect the inside but was to prevent escape.

Hark Louria was then taken inside the facility and was lead into his jail cell. The walls of the room was grey and was devoid of decoration, but despite this, it was still better than the rotten mess that is a Parpaldian prison.

Next Day

Hark Louria was then ordered outside of his cell by the guards, which he complied to. He was then taken into a hallway and into a room which was also devoid of furniture. Inside was just a table with 2 chairs and some sort of large rectangular glass next to the table.

He sat down on one of the chairs which faced the other chair on the opposite side of the table. After a while, he was greeted by a man wearing a white shirt and black jeans.

As the man sat down on the other chair, he introduced himself, "My name is Budi, I believe you are the Lourian king, yes?"

"Yes, my name is Hark Louria the 34th."

"I see... Don't worry about torture, I'm simply here to ask you a few questions if you dont mind."

"Since my kingdom has already fallen, go ahead and ask away." Hark said as he looked down, remembering of his kingdom and his rule.

"How did your kingdom manage to get powerful enough to try and conquer Rodenius?"

"My kingdom was supported by the Parpaldian Empire. I had known that Louria was simply a pawn for them to milk the resources in Rodenius dry, but I had no choice in the matter."

"Hmm... Why did you want to conquer Rodenius and get rid of the demi-humans in the first place?" Budi asked again as he noted Hark's answer.

"My father, Hark Louria 33rd was assassinated by a radical demi-human faction and as a result, our nation fell into chaos while I was away in Altaras. During this time, the nation fell into such disarray that some of our lords broke away from the kingdom or even supported the demi-human coup d'état.

Fortunately, I soon came back to take over the nation as the new king and steered Louria back into its previous state within a few years.

However, the incident left a profound mark on the government and anti-demi-human sentiments rose which soon culminated into the war."

"So Louria went to seek help from the Parpaldians?"

"That would be correct, the other government officials heavily supported this move. I simply had no choice in the matter."

"Did you play a part in the Gim massacre?" Budi asked his final question.

"I did not have any direct role in the massacre in Gim. The individual responsible for the actions there was Adem."

"So this 'Adem' is responsible for the Gim Massacre according to you?"

"Yes.. I don't think any of it will change my fate here, but this is everything I know about the incident."

"That is for the Supreme Court to decide, but I will relay this information to them for your upcoming trial."

The interrogation ended as Hark was dismissed from the room and led back to his cell to wait for his trial.

Jakarta, November 21st, 1639

President Hendra was in his office listening to his aide yet again, this time the aide reported on the the Lourian king's interrogation.

"So far, the Lourian king has been rather cooperative. He has given us some key information that could be vital."

"Oh? I thought he would be more resistant, I guess he has accepted his situation. What did we manage to learn from him?"

"It seems that around a decade ago, Louria fell into coup as the king was assassinated by a Lourian demi-human faction. Unfortunately, Hark was away when it happened and managed to stabilize the nation, though a disdain for demi-humans appeared within the government. As a result, they eventually invaded Qua-Toyne with the support of Parpaldia." The aide explained

"Parpaldia?! Looks like we'll need to exercise more caution when dealing with them."

The aide continued his report as he mentions other details regarding the nation's current state.

9