Chapter 15 – Superpower’s Efforts
236 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gra Valkas Empire, November 16th, 1639

En route to the city of Leiforia were the diplomats sent by Mu to the Gra Valkas Empire. They were tasked with establishing diplomatic relations with them and prevent hostile relations from occuring.

Diplomat Lukal and Ray were the ones assigned to this mission as they went from Otaheit to Leiforia via car droven by a personal driver. The two wore a black suit and tie, but the one feature that differentiated the two was that Ray wore a pair of glasses in a circular shape on his face. In terms of position, Ray held a position much higher than Lukal

The car drove on the unpaved dirt roads of the Leiforian countryside at a calm pace. It was black in color and had a small engine compartment with circular headlights in front of it. Behind the engine is a rectangular shaped cabin which had a spare tire on the back. Even though the car had a suspension installed, the rough dirt roads of the Leiforian countryside still shook the car.

"Do you really believe that these Gra Valkans are that advanced?" Lukal asked.

"Regardless of whether or not they are that advanced, the fact that they had defeated Leifor is a huge warning sign."

"Still though, shouldn't we prioritize with stabilizing relations with the Mirishials? We don't want the tensions to escalate."

Ray sighed as he listened to Lukal, "Lukal... We cannot afford the nation that defeated Leifor to attack us. You know how bad a two-front war would be, right?"

"I guess you're right. Do we know anything about the exact strength of this country?"

Ray went into his bag for documents and takes out one containing information on the Gra Valkas Empire. The document contained everything the Muan government knew about this nation including reports on the fleet which laid siege on Leiforia.

"Let's see..." Ray said as he opened the document and took a look at it, "It seems that reported say these Gra Valkans possessed a battleship. We don't know its exact size but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs believe its larger and potentially more powerful than ours."

"I don't believe it, but a country other than us as the Mirishials would be a cause for concern. Speaking of which, I heard rumors about Parpaldia on how they're working to develop their own battleships."

"I don't think they're ready to make a battleship similar or even on par to ours or the Mirishials, but their rapid modernization and industrialization is still concerning."

The car soon reached the outskirts of Leiforia as the shape of the city appeared on the horizon. The city was burning as smokes flew up into air from the burning buildings, a warning sign for those who dare to defy the Gra Valkans. The tall Leiforian palace which used to stood out no longer looked the same as its stone walls continued to crumble, while much of the building fell to the ground.

The car entered the city to see the destroyed roads of the city alongside the crumbled and destroyed buildings on the side of the road. Many stone debris fell into the roads, although the one used by the car was cleared up for their arrival.

Soon they reached a group of building that was relatively intact compared to the other buildings of the city. This building was where the Gra Valkan officials administered the newly conquered Leiforian lands and it was also protected by Gra Valkan soldiers everywhere. Their car were inspected by the soldiers before being let through the area.

The Gra Valkan soldiers wore a brownish-yellow khaki uniform with a helmet that were attached to their heads. Their uniforms had two pockets on the top which was secured with 4 buttons and a brown belt and on their bottom was also similarly colored with a pair of black boots. On their hands was a rifle which had a bayonet attached to it, though some did carry a rather long and thin sword that was stored in a black sheath. As far as one could see, those soldiers had been professionally trained as they followed their orders without hesitation. After a short time, the car stopped in front of a 3 story brick building with two soldiers guarding the entrance.

"I think this is the designated building." Ray said as he opened the passenger door of the car while carrying his bag.

The two exited the car and entered the building where a female receptionist stood behind a counter. The receptionist was looking into a couple pieces of paper containing some writing before noticing the two, one of which was ray who introduced themselves.

"We're the representatives from the nation called Mu which neighbors Leifor. We've come to meet with the Gra Valkan diplomat."

The receptionist would answer, "Oh, we were expecting you to arrive much later. I'll go ahead and inform them of your arrival."

The receptionist would put her fingers in the rotary dial which would rotate the dial and call the number she was trying to reach. After which, she would pick up the phone's handle and moved it beside her head. After a while, she would put the handle back and looked at the two Muan representatives.

"I've just informed the diplomat, I will now lead you to the assigned room. Please follow me."

The both of them followed the receptionist and entered a room. The room was lit up by the various candles placed in the room which led to a dim lighting and did not offer much in decoration aside from some pots of plants. There were 2 square windows on the opposite side of the door which provided further lighting to the room next to a few shelves and cupboards. In the middle of the room was a wooden table surrounded by chairs. The group would then sit down on their respective seats.

A tidy and professional looking man came into the room. He wore a dark green uniform that looked much different from the soldiers in front of the building.

On his green uniform were 5 buttons of a much darker color of green which secured the top. There were also a design on the chest area which had a circular shape colored in dark red with a black and white cross inside of it while a white outline was seen outside the red circle.

"I believe you are the representatives from Mu, yes?"

Ray nodded as he answered the man's question, "Indeed, we have come here to establish diplomatic talks as representatives of Mu."

"My name is Adler and I have been assigned for diplomatic talks with your country. It was rather surprising that you came here rather quickly, I had initially assumed you were going to arrive around next week."

"Oh, we have vehicles known as cars. They are faster than the horse carriages Leifor used."

"Cars? Is your country not the same as Leifor?"

"Leifor is a Great Power, while Mu is a Superpower. We are also leagues ahead of them in technology! Lukal proudly pointed out with a smug as he stated the status of his nation.

"Ahem..." Ray cleared his throat before glaring at Lukal who immediately looked down, before looking back at his Gra Valkan counterpart, "Anyways, I'd like to ask some questions regarding information on your nation."

"I am afraid that is not available to outsiders, however we will still allow you to conduct trade with us through Leiforia."

"I understand, then are you perhaps aware of the World Leaders Conference?"

"For that, I do not know. If you would like to explain, please go ahead."

"The World Leaders Conference is a meeting between all of the major and strongest countries of the world and of course, Leifor was one of them. Therefore we would like to offer an invitation for your country to attend this conference in Leifor's place." Ray said as Lukal handed over the invitation letter to Adler.

"I have my doubts regarding the strength, but I shall relay it to our emperor."

"We are pleased that you have been very understanding. If your emperor wishes to participate, then the conference will always be held in the city of Cartalpas in the Holy Mirishial Empire. I will look forward to our next meeting in a later date." Ray thanked the Gra Valkan diplomat.

As the meeting ended, the two Muan representatives left the room and eventually the building to report to the Muan government. Adler followed the two to the entrance of the building and watched as the two left in a peculiar looking car.

For Adler, the car was smaller than the ones used by the Gra Valkas Empire, but it had impressed him nonetheless. So far, his only knowledge of this world were the Leiforians and Pagandans which were extremely outdated in technology, but these Muans possess a car, hinting that they are more advanced than he initially thought.

As the car left the area, Adler went back into the building with renewed expectations for their next meeting and expected to learn more about this world and its natives for himself.

From this day on, diplomatic contact would be established between the two powers, though both sides are still unsure on how the relationship between the two will progress.

Parpaldian Empire, November 19th, 1639

Eshtirant

In a building in the government area of the Parpaldian city is a conference room where the Indonesian and Muan representatives were having a meeting. Inside the room where 2 doors on the opposite end of each room which led to the hallways of the building while a map of the Parpaldian Empire was hanged between them inside the room. Along the walls were windows which were decorated by a beautiful design as a beautiful chandelier lit up the room from the ceiling.

On top of the large carpet on the middle of the room was a long and rectangular conference table that had a beautiful red tablecloth that covered the entire table. The chairs which surrounded the table had a design made out of dark colored wood which looked elegant while still being comfortable from the red cushions that were on the armrest and seats.

In the room, the Indonesian diplomat was explaining the general information of Indonesia to the Muans.

"That is quite the claim, how does your nation manage to prevent a feed its population for 80 years?" A Muan diplomat asked once the Indonesians finished.

"Oh, we are a transferred nation. We come from a planet called Earth which was drastically different from this world where we heavily engaged in trade."

"That would explain how your nation manages to feed that many people. Judging from this information, I assume your nation was a superpower?"

"Indonesia has not been close to becoming a superpower, in fact we were simply a regional power. The superpowers of our world were nations called the United States of America and the People's Republic of China, both of them had a population of over 300 million and over 1 billion respectively."

After the Indonesians made that statement, murmurs were heard from the Muan side as they talked about the unbelievable power of those two superpowers.

"May we see a map of your original world to see where these superpowers were located?"

"Of course." One of the Indonesians took out a large map and presented it to the Muans, "This is the map of our previous world and here are the locations of those two countries."

The Muans all looked at the map, which had the borders of Earth's countries shown. However, as the Indonesians pointed at China and the United States, the Muans would notice something about the map.

"This.. This looks like our previous world!" One of the Muans exclaimed.

"What did you say?" The Indonesian diplomat said in confusion.

"Let me explain, our nation was also a transferred country, although that was tens of thousands of years ago. The map you have shown us is very much similar to the one we have."

This had surprised the Indonesians as they listened to the statement being made.

"Furthermore, we were once allies with a nation called Yamuto which is over there." He added as he pointed towards the land that was Japan.

"So, Japan used to be your ally?"

"So that's what they're called now, but yes."

"I see, it seems that we need to report this revelation to our government."

"Likewise, this was quite a shock to all of us."

"Anyways, as we believe that you have the same predicament as us, I believe it is right for us to tell you Indonesians more about this world as fellow people from the same world.

You may know already that the world is divided by Civilized Areas and your nation is outside of all three of them, though we believe that your nation is unfit of such title.

Our nation is in the 2nd Civilized Area and we are one of the strongest nations in this world.

Parpaldia meanwhile, is simply a Great Power at this moment, which is below Superpower. Nevertheless, they are the strongest in the 3rd Civilized Area."

"I see, is that all?" An Indonesian diplomat asked as he noted down their information.

"One more thing, our nation would like to inform you on a potentially powerful nation in the far West calling themselves as the Gra Valkas Empire. Our government has taken notice of their threat after our neighbor swiftly fell as their capital was attacked by a fleet that had a battleship."

"A battleship..?" One of the Indonesians muttered as his face grew pale.

"Seeing that your nation also possess similar ships, I believe you should already know what this means. I hope your nation is ready when it comes knocking on your door."

After an hour, the meeting would end as Mu and Indonesia manages to learn more about each other and the New World. An embassy would also be discussed and established within the territories of both countries to allow for easier communications.

Republic of Indonesia, November 20th, 1639

Jakarta

In the Merdeka Palace, President Hendra was listening to the report of his aide on recent reports of the nation.

"For this month, our exports has seen a huge increase and our economy is now out from the crisis with trade deals from countries such as Qua-Toyne, Quila, Altaras, Parpaldia, etc."

"Looks like our products have managed to get an audience in this world." Hendra sighed in relief.

"Anyways, how's our diplomatic talks with Mu?"

"About that, sir... The Muans have claimed that they are also a transferred country that came from Earth tens of thousands of years ago. It seems that they were once allied with ancient Japan which was called Yamuto back then. Right now, they're currently one of the strongest nations in this world."

"Seriously?" Hendra scratched his head in disbelief, "Aren't we treading into the realm of fantasy too much? Anyways, it's good that we managed to establish relations with another major country."

"I thought so as well, sir. Additionally, the Muans have given us information of another nation that may be a cause for concern. They are called the Gra Valkas Empire and from what the Muans have shown, they possess a battleship. Unfortunately, we don't have anymore information related to that."

"A battleship? That's going to be troublesome... Seems like we'll need to strengthen and expand our navy. Do we know how far their country is?"

"According to the Muans, this Gra Valkas Empire is in the far west of the world. Speaking of which, the House of Representatives have now approved of the budget proposal, so we should be able to begin our naval expansion soon."

"That's great, how is our space program going along?"

"With the further allocation of resources and manpower, the construction of the Biak spaceport is now ahead of schedule, so we may be able to finally launch a satellite soon."

The aide continued reporting on the various conditions of the country from monetary to nation development. President Hendra listened closely as he took a sip from the coffee on his desk.

8