Chapter 17 – Decision to Adapt
225 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Parpaldian Empire, November 26th, 1639

Eshtirant

In the bustling capital of the Parpaldian Empire, a young noble woman stood and looked through a window. This woman, who had a long silver hair and a long sleeve black gown was waiting for a man named Kaios, and her name is Remille. Remille is a member of the Parpaldian Royal Family and was tasked as the Manager of the Imperial Audit Office, which is tasked to oversee the Foreign Affairs Offices.

The room she was in was a brightly lit and beautiful room within the Imperial Audit Office Building. There were also many decorations and ornament inside and outside of the room as those who worked in this office were staffed by those of extremely high rankings within the Parpaldian Nobility to the point that even members of the Imperial Family worked there.

The door knob to the room was turned by a hand outside the room, and as the door opened, the person that had entered is revealed to be Kaios.

Remille turned around walked to sit in a chair of a table within the room while Kaios sat in the opposite end of it. The meeting between the two began as Remille spoke to Kaios.

"I'm pleased that you have arrived. His Majesty has tasked me to arrange this meeting to question you of your current progress in investigating Indonesia."

"Unfortunately, I haven't acquired any information regarding their full military capabilities, aside from the possession of metal ships."

"Then what have you done for the past few months?" Remille asked as if it was an interrogation.

"I've been quite busy regarding the matter on Fenn as well and there's also a new problem regarding the demon lord in Grameus. Fortunately, I'm currently in talks with the Indonesians for a visit to their country.

Speaking of Fenn, the Indonesians have heard of our troubles in Fenn, and it seems they're rather concerned of a conquest of Fenn."

Remille's face went from full of calm to annoyance, "Let these Indonesians know that they shouldn't meddle in our affairs."

For Remille, she did not believe of the strength of these Indonesians. She even questioned why Emperor Ludius would be interested in such a nation, but after hearing about the rich lands of the Indonesian Republic, she soon understood why.

"I apologize for this, but wouldn't this cause a diplomatic incident?"

"If an answer is what they want, let them know that this is simply a punitive strike to protect our interest."

The meeting between the two ended as Kaios finished reporting everything he knew about Indonesia for the past month. So far, Remille had been satisfied with Kaios' reports.

 

------

In another room of a building within the city of Eshtirant, the Indonesian diplomat to Parpaldia, Gunawan was waiting for Parpaldia's answer. The nation was concerned of a conquest of another country nearby and hoped to act as a mediator for the dispute between Fenn and Parpaldia.

As a couple of minutes passed, the door to the room was opened to reveal Kaios, the current diplomat to Indonesia. The two diplomats sat down in chairs in the opposite side of the table. The meeting between the two started as Kaios reported the Parpaldian stance and response regarding this incident.

"Unfortunately, our nation will not back down and will continue to launch a strike at Fenn. This will not be a conquest, we simply wish to enforce our interests in the form of a punitive strike."

"That's still concerning, how are we supposed to know if this is the true intentions of Parpaldia?"

"I will say this again with certainty. We have no intentions to conquer Fenn with this strike."

Gunawan sighed as he gave up upon receiving Kaios' answer, "Alright, I will let my government of this."

Kingdom of Fenn, November 27th, 1639

Amanoki

In the castle in the capital city of the Fennese Kingdom, a meeting was being held between the top officials of the Fennese government. The conference's topic was to discuss the inevitable Parpaldian attack.

"Considering that the date of the military festival is near alongside a possible Parpaldian attack, I think we should come up with a way to protect the nations that will be attending."

"But how? Parpaldia outclasses us in every single way. We can't possibly beat or even repel them."

This statement was unfortunately true, much to the dismay of many of those attending the conference.

One problem was Fenn's lack of magic. Unlike Parpaldia and Mu, their tiny island nation lacked any kind of industry and resources to develop and produce any sophisticated technology using science. Parpaldia also had the ability to use manacomms, which led to huge gap in their tactical abilities.

Another major problem was the sheer size of Parpaldia's national power. This was something no one could deny and was no laughing matter for the Fennese officials.

In terms of population, Fenn only had one of under a million people, while Parpaldia possessed an empire of over 50 million people.

Even in numbers, their military was far larger with 422 warships, compared to Fenn's 21. Fenn also lacked wyverns, which Parpaldia had plenty of.

The room went silent as no one could come up with a strategy. All they could do was watch as Fenn gets attacked while their military couldn't do anything.

The silence of the room was broken as Sword King Shihan spoke, "Hmm.. Anyways, I have requested for aid from Gahara. I believe this should give us better odds for the war."

An aid from Gahara would certainly be welcomed. Unlike Fenn, Gahara had wyverns known as the Wind Dragons.

"Will the Indonesians attend the Military Festival?" Shihan asked the attendees.

One of them shook his head, "Unfortunately, they have backed down after their government heard of the inevitable war."

The room's atmosphere became ever more gloomy as the officials concluded that help from the nation which defeated Louria in a matter of weeks would not be coming. Shihan felt understanding as no nation would want to be entangled in the affairs of a Great Power.

One official who is in-charge of the military suggested a tactic, "I believe that we cannot win in a conventional war, so I suggest we fight them through asymetrical warfare."

Everyone knew what he meant. Unfortunately, there were many who looked in disapproval.

"Are you suggesting we should break our code as warriors?" An official said with a glaring look.

"Yes, I will not deny that. But we have no way to defeat them in our usual way, so we must adapt or die."

"Then how should we fight them?"

"I believe we could lure the Parpaldians to a battle where we have the advantage in, plus an aid from Gahara will surely make our odds better."

The people attending nodded as they listened to the suggestion. It was something that they never did and their code of conduct was the opposite of such strategy.

"How should we deal with the wyverns? Our anti air capabilities are not strong enough to take down a wyvern lord, not to mention a wyvern overlord."

This was unfortunately true. Fenn's anti air capabilities were limited to taking down a normal wyvern. Unfortunately for Fenn, Parpaldia possessed wyverns which are not only stronger, but faster as well, not to mention Fenn does not have any wyverns to begin with. It was a rather huge threat for this island nation as their weapons were limited to swords and bows.

The officials all looked at each other in confusion. For them, taking down wyverns lord would be outright impossible for any barbarian country, but the same official who suggested guerrila warfare raised his hand again.

"We could perhaps use fireworks?"

"Fireworks? How would that work?" Everyone else in the room asked, confused by the man's suggestions.

This was a strange way to fight the enemy. As far as history goes, no one in the world would ever consider using something they would play with as a military weapon.

"Perhaps we could use it to deny the Parpaldians access into the festival by making the airspace dangerous. If we're lucky, we may take their knights down."

Everyone thought of the idea and seemed to approve of it. This could be a way to deal with Parpaldia's wyverns while potentially causing them injuries as well due to how dangerous fireworks can be.

"How many fireworks would we need to keep the Parpaldians out of the festival?"

"I'm not exactly sure of the exact amount, but it should be enormous. We should use this to delay their arrival at the very least."

"How many do we even have?"

"We have been saving them up for the New Years and the festival, but we still need more. I guess we'll need to ramp up our firework production."

There were those who still looked unsure or disapproved of such a way of fighting, but just then, a laughter filled the room. Everyone looked at where it came from to reveal that it had came from Sword King Shihan. This had stunned everyone, but as one of the officials were about to ask him, he soon spoke.

"Hahaha... Your idea has really amused me. I never would've thought to use fireworks as a weapon of war." Shihan said with a gleeful smile.

As soon as Shihan's laughter calmed down, he looked at the man who had given his suggestions. His face was not full of anger and hostility for suggesting that Fenn should fight in such a manner, but is instead full of interest.

"I will appoint you to oversee our fireworks production and the strategy implementation to repel a Parpaldian attack. I have high hopes for you, so let's give these Parpaldians a taste of Fennese fireworks."

It seems that the man's gamble had worked out in the end. Having been promoted, he was now tasked with an important job. Although his workload has increased, seeing that Shihan as acknowledged him had motivated him greatly.

The other officials who were hesitant or resistant to such an idea followed suit to support this strategy as Shihan voiced his approval, much to their surprise.

Republic of Indonesia, November 29th, 1639

Jakarta

A man sat on the chair of his desk. The man had a short black hair, a black mustache, and a pair of rectangular shaped glasses. This man is Omar Haryanto, the current Minister of Foreign Affairs.

The room he was in was a brightly lit and modern looking room. There was various furnitures and an Air Conditioner which cooled the room from the wall.

On Omar's desk is a report containing the Parpaldian response regarding Fenn and it had both calmed and frustrated him.

"This isn't very assuring, we'll need to keep an eye on Parpaldia's actions."

He was still not sure on how to respond to such actions, especially to a nation that Indonesia has good relations with at the moment.

"Seems like we'll need to revise our foreign policy. We can't keep following the norms back on Earth."

Of course, this was something out of the ordinary for a nation such as Indonesia, but their experiences in the New World has made the nation learn of the hostile environment around them. For many of those who saw the state of the New World, it was clear Indonesia has to adapt and change.

Omar sighed as he tried to think of a response to Parpaldia's actions. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs would later work on a strategy to respond to Parpaldia's actions.

He stopped the thought and leave it for later as he looked at another report on his desk.

This one was about a demon lord that had invaded Topa from the Topan Embassy. It seems to be rather serious, though he could not fathom a syntethic being capable of free thought. It just seemed to be something straight out of a sci-fi story.

"I guess this one's easier to deal with. Maybe we could send the Garuda Contingent for this?"

Omar would continue to read the reports from the diplomatic efforts Indonesia has been doing. So far, the nation has managed to reach out to the major powers of Mu and Parpaldia, though the Holy Mirishial Empire seems to have not accepted them yet.

8