Chapter 21 – Middle Power’s Transition
214 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Republic of Indonesia, December 11th, 1639

Jakarta

In the capital city of the Republic of Indonesia, a certain ship that had a magic engine and a metal hull docked in Tanjung Priok. Judging from the flag that fluttered from its mast, this ship is clearly of Parpaldian origin and looked important as well.

A middle aged man wearing a beautiful and eye-catching piece of clothing disembarked from the ship. This man in question is Kaios, the Director for Parpaldia's Third Office of Foreign Affairs.

He took a deep breath of the Indonesian capital as he took a step into the concrete ground of the harbor. He looked around and admired the view of Indonesian machines at work alongside the various other ships that had docked there.

"Oh my, this is much different than I had expected."

He initially expected the port to be similar to Mu's ports, however Indonesia's Tanjung Priok had exceeded his expectations. It had some of the things that were present in Mu but also had some other machines he did not know existed.

As he continued to walk through the port, led by an Indonesian official, he was greeted by a black limousine.

"A long car..?" He asked as he tilted his head in confusion.

"This is a limousine, one of the many types of cars we have. Please get inside, Mr. Kaios." An Indonesian escort answered as he opened the door to the back seat.

As requested, he got in and looked at the interior of the car. It was much different than the Muan cars he had once rode in.

The car soon accelerated alongside the escort cars a while after the door was closed. The speed of the vehicle surprised him as well since it looked much more bulkier than the Muan cars but seemed to be faster and quieter than them.

"Such speed and quietness... I wonder what they used to achieve this?" He thought to himself.

The convoy soon left the port and entered the metropolitan city of Jakarta and this time, the view was even more impressive than the harbour. There were long stretches of paved roads with an abundance of cars driving on them and to top it all off, he saw the skyscrapers that dwarfed any other building he had seen before.

"H-How tall are those buildings?"

Kaios had never seen such buildings before. Even in Mu, which was hailed as a modern country using the power of science did not have a city this impressive. For him, the idea of an 80 year old country achieving such progress is unbelievable and for the standards of this world, technological progress remained very slow.

Soon, the convoy stopped at a white building that had 8 pillars at the entrance. Above those pillars was the words 'GEDUNG PANCASILA' or Pancasila Building in short with a golden Garuda emblem on top of it. This building was built in the early 1830s in the Indies Empire architecture style, an imitation of the neoclassical empire style popular in France in the 1800s.

The convoy stopped on the road in front of the building and Kaios would soon be instructed to exit.

After exiting the car, Kaios is then greeted by a man with a black hair and mustache who wore a rectangular pair of glasses who shook his hand. This man is the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Omar Haryanto.

"Welcome, Mr. Kaios. I hope you enjoyed the trip."

"It's a pleasure to be here, I believe you're the Indonesian Foreign Affairs Minister?"

"Yes I am, my name is Omar Haryanto. Now, let us head to the meeting room, shall we?"

"Please lead the way."

The group would then be led inside and into a large room with white walls and a large black carpet. In the middle, in front of the rows of Indonesian and Parpaldian flags were two rows of tables which were covered in a tablecloth. The Indonesian and Parpaldians would then sit in their respective sides.

The meeting began as Omar Haryanto got straight to the point of the meeting, "I shall get straight to the point. The Republic of Indonesia has been very concerned on what we deem as Parpaldian aggression near our territory and the recent declaration of war on Altaras has bolstered this feeling of concern."

Kaios answered Omar's concerns with a straight face, "The Parpaldian Empire alongside his majesty, Emperor Ludius, believes that such actions are justified to enforce the Empire's interests."

The atmosphere around the room was tense as both sides discussed the war in Altaras. Anyone attending could even feel this atmosphere and knew that Parpaldian-Indonesian relations are going through tough times.

"We understand the need to protect your nation interests, however, we do not believe such acts of aggression is justified. Hence, we would like to propose a peaceful solution through diplomatic means."

However, as the Indonesians proposed a peaceful solution to the conflict, the Parpaldians struck back, adding to the already tense atmosphere of the meeting.

"The Kingdom of Altaras cannot be negotiated as they are a nation outside of the Civilized Areas and any attempt to negotiate with them is futile. Your nation is also outside these areas, but we believe that your nation can be negotiated with."

"We still cannot accept any aggressions in this region as it will hamper any progress to peace and prosperity."

"The Republic of Indonesia does not have the qualifications to meddle or object to the affairs of a Great Power and your nation does not represent the world and its norms."

The Indonesians, including Omar, felt that the Parpaldians were a tough nut to crack. Despite being shown the capital city of Indonesia, the Parpaldians remained adamant in their beliefs to enforce its interests through aggressive means. They now knew that any attempts to soften the Parpaldians may not bear any fruit, so they decided to respond with a threat.

"If the Parpaldian Empire refuses to uphold the peace and prosperity of in and around the 3rd Civilization Area, the Republic of Indonesia will not hesitate to use military force to maintain peace."

For the Parpaldians, this was clearly a threat. They still do not know the exact strength of this nation, but from Indonesia's display of their capital nation, their national power could likely be immense.

For Indonesia, this statement was bold as the nation's military was still not fully up to shape. Although Indonesia was capable of waging a war and its military is in a better shape compared to the start of the transferrence, they still do not have the means to fight a long war. But it was clear that the new world's norms is much different than on Earth and now they have to flex their muscles to get their way with the politics of this world.

The meeting continued on with the same tense air engulfing the room. The Indonesian and Parpaldians were struggling to make the other budge as they both continued exchanging their arguments and beliefs at each other.

Unfortunately, the meeting ended inconclusively as neither side managed to negotiate anything to their interests. Both sides would use everything they had to force the other side to back down but to no avail. Parpaldia still believed in its status and rights as a sovereign Great Power to enforce and protect its interests, while Indonesia maintained its concerns on Altaras and Fenn and believed Parpaldian aggression would hamper any progress to peace and prosperity.

Republic of Indonesia, December 15th, 1639

Island of Biak

In an island north of Papua in Cendrawasih bay, a spaceport dwarfed the many buildings and trees around the area. On the spaceport was a long and white rocket which had a satellite encased in its nose cone. This was the final product of the Indonesian efforts to launch rockets into space domestically.

Although scheduled to be finished in 2026, the spaceport would be ahead of schedule due to the government's prioritization of the Space Program and as a result, the construction would be ahead of schedule and the launch of a satellite would be done earlier than expected.

Everything in and on the rocket and launchpad was checked to make sure the mission becomes successful and once everything were confirmed to be ready, the countdown began.

"10."

"9."

"8."

"7."

"6."

"5."

"4."

"3."

"2."

"1."

"Lift off!!"

The rocket engine is ignited and a large amount of hot exhaust is released from the bottom of the rocket, which began pushing it up into the air. The launch started off slowly but the rocket began to take up speed as it continued to fly up into the atmosphere.

After a while, the rocket strap-ons was discarded as it is detached from the main fuselage which released its gas of exhaust soon after that.

The rocket finally reached space and the nose cone opened up to reveal the satellite that is stored in it. The satellite would be released into space, achieving a feat that was unthinkable for any other nation of the New World.

In the mission control room of the Indonesian National Institute of Aeronautics and Space (LAPAN), cheers erupted as the people who worked there celebrated the success of the mission. Indonesia had finally launched its rocket domestically without the use of foreign spaceports.

Everyone looked at the image shown by the satellites of the New World. They were curious of its exact geography and they finally got their answers.

"So this is our New World, huh?"

As everyone laid there eyes on it, they could see the clear shape of the Republic of Indonesia north east of Rodenius. There was also the Philades continent which was above it and the Central Continent at the left of it.

"Seems like we'll be busy collecting information for the government!"

The laughs and cheer continued on and the new information on the exact look of the planet would soon be spread around the nation.

Kingdom of Altaras, December 18th, 1639

Le Brias

In the capital city of the Altaran Kingdom, the streets seemed to be much more quiet than usual. War had came and the kingdom prepared everything it can muster to defend its capital.

Eveyone in the kingdom knew that Altaras had no chance in winning the war, but with a powerful navy and a population enraged by the outrageous demands of the Parpaldian Empire, they hoped to repel their invasion and do everything to convince the Parpaldians to realize such invasion would be expensive and propose peace.

In the northern shores of Le Brias, cannons were being set up on the city walls and on the port alongside the many AA emplacements littered around the city. These Altaran Anti Air weapons consisted of swivel guns and a weapon similar to the conventional cannons, however these weapons offered much greater elevation and fired canister shots into the air.

Meanwhile, in the Royal Castle within the city, King Taaras is currently listening to a report from one of his aides.

"Currently, the preparations for the defense have been going smoothly. However, we currently still face a lack of wyverns."

"Have we been able to procure anymore from the neighboring nations?"

"Sadly, due to Parpaldia's control of Louria, we are unable to procure any significant weapons from Rodenius or Philades due to Parpaldia's influence in the Philades and its control of Louria in Rodenius. As a result, many nations are unwilling to lend us a hand.

Fortunately, Sios have lent us some help, though we cannot rely on them to turn the tides."

"Have we gotten news from Indonesia?"

"Ah yes, they have attempted to convince the Parpaldians through a meeting in their capital. However, their efforts seem to have been in vain."

"As expected, these Parpaldians are not ones easy to back down. Their status have greatly blinded them."

"However, the Indonesians has sent us some vital supplies in the form such as equipment, food, and materiel."

"Ooh!" Taaras' face lit up after hearing the Indonesian's support, "What equipment did they bring?"

"They're simply equipment that they deemed as 'not sensitive' and those equipments are pistols, mortars, and many other small weapons. They have only given us a limited amount of them, but they seem to be rather advanced."

"Then with this, we may be able to deal with the Parpaldians more effectively! But are there a price for such an aid?"

King Taaras still felt worried as another nation's support usually came with a price. The price could come in various forms such as sending slaves or resources.

"Suprisingly, they stated that there is no significant price to it. Although they would like to request to build infrastructure for their military in our kingdom."

"That's it? They're not going to demand slaves?" Taaras asked, seemingly baffled by the statement.

"It seems that they have no need for them, although volunteer workers for their construction projects are greatly appreciated."

Having been unable on convincing the Parpaldians, the Indonesians have decided to use its strength to maintain its values in the world alongside the stability of the region. This aid would be one of many to start Indonesia's exertion of influence and power for the sake of peace, prosperity, and stability.

6