Chapter 20.5 – Secrets of the Sacred Forest
157 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, December 15th, 1639

Maihark

"Is this our ride?" An Indonesian woman asked her colleague, seemingly bothered by the primitive transportation system of Qua-Toyne.

"Hey, at least we're not walking there." Her colleague, an Indonesian man said.

In front of them is a carriage which has 2 horses that pulled it. The two Indonesians are Rivaldi and Nabila, two archeologists who were sent to Qua-Toyne for research purposes along with a number of other people.

The group is currently near the gates of Maihark, a city which was affected by war. The city had visible signs of construction and repair as scaffolding surrounded the destroyed buildings of the city. The Indonesian archeology team then got on the wooden carriage.

"If you don't like it, then why not think of those delmans back in Indonesia?" One of the member of the team said.

Nabila thought of the delmans back home. It's a transportation that is sometimes seen on the roads of the cities in Indonesia, and is quite similar to the carriages in Qua-Toyne. It seems to work for the girl who's used with the conveniences of modern life.

"I wonder why they didn't provide us with helicopters or at the very least, a car." A team member said.

"Ehh, something to do with budget, I guess..?" Another one answered with a shrug.

The group then went on their way to their destination, a forest in the middle of Qua-Toyne known as Lean Know Forest. The journey itself would be long and uncomfortable as the cart repeatedly shook from the unpaved dirt roads of Qua-Toyne.

Regardless of this inconvenience, they were able to see new sights that a modern city or village couldn't offer throughout the journey.

Lean Know Forest, December 17th, 1640

The Lean Know Forest is a huge forest in the nation and is home of a variety of flora. Trees completely covered the lands of the forest and it's almost empty of any kind of settlements. Despite this, there were still some residents who lived in these lands, but they were usually of elven race.

"Why do we have to let humanfolk enter the holy lands?" Wol said, seemingly annoyed.

"Wol! Watch what you're saying! Our guests for today aren't your usual humans, they're from Indonesia, the country who saved Qua-Toyne from Louria!" Mina said as she scolded her friend.

The two are high elves who are residents of this forest. They're currently at the entrance of the sacred Lean Know Forest, awaiting for the Indonesian guests who are about to arrive.

"Yeah, I guess they did that, but what makes them worthy of entering the forest?" Wol asked, unaware of the politics that filled the world outside.

"Have you heard of what happened in Gim? You should appreciate that the war didn't reach this place. Besides, I've heard they even defeated the resurrected Demon Lord."

"You're way too gullible, Mina. You should question the authenticity of the demon lord's revival and whether or not Indonesia actually defeated it."

The two continued to argue, seemingly unable to win over the other. However, they would see two carriages appearing from the distance. Mina noticed the carriage and concluded that it must be the Indonesian guests.

"Those must be our guests. Come on, let's go greet them." Mina said as he pulled Wol's right arm.

The carriage would stop in front of the two high elves and exiting the carriage were the Indonesian archeology team. They wore odd clothes for Qua-Toyne's standards, but the two decided to not question it.

"You must be the Indonesians, welcome to Lean Know Forest. I'm Mina and this is Wol, we'll be your guides for today." Mina introduced herself and Wol to the Indonesians.

"Ah, thank you for helping us. I'm Rivaldi and this is my team, I hope we won't be a bother for you." Rivaldi introduced himself.

For a first impression, the Indonesians seemed to be good people from the perspective of the two elves. They initially expected them to be a bit arrogant considering of their supposed superior national strength, but such attitude shown by the Indonesians was appreciated.

"Then, please follow us. It'll take a while for us to reach our first destination." Wol said as the two elves began leading the Indonesians into the forest.

The Indonesian team followed the high elves throughout the hike through the forest. Initially they were quite excited, but as time goes on, it became rather tiring. The hike seemed to be going for a long while.

"Haah.. Haah.. Are we there yet?" Nabila said, exhausted by the long hike.

"Goodness, you're already tired?" Mina said, surprised by the unexpected weak stamina of the Indonesians, "Don't worry, it's just further ahead."

Rivaldi looked at his compass as he continued his hike. He seemed to be doing better than Nabila, "This place doesn't make sense.. Does this forest have its own magnetic field? Because my compass is spinning in circles right now."

The Indonesians knew that further research must be conducted on this forest due to its strange behaviour. However, as this was a sacred forest for the locals, such endeavor would need to be taken with extreme caution.

"Yeah, compasses don't really work here. If you can't hear the forest's voices, you'll quickly get lost."

The group kept going, seemingly hiking forever until they finally reached their destination around 30 minutes later.

Their destination seemed to be an open field within the forest with some sort of dome-like barrier that made it difficult to see through it. The barrier looks to be solid and there doesn't seem to be any way for them to see or get into the dome.

"This is the place." Mina said, "This is where the Emissaries of the Sun God, the people who helped us drive away the demon lord millenias ago, left one of their divine flying ships, which is apparently broken. This dome barrier is where it is sealed and preserved after all of these years."

The team looked around, confused on how to open the barrier, "How do we open the barrier?"

Mina then approached a stone tablet that was in the area. It was ignored by the team as they didn't know of its purpose. Mina would place her hand on the tablet and a light would emerge from it.

"Woah, that thing actually does something?" An astonished Rivaldi commented.

The dome barrier began to disappear from the top, slowly revealing the supposed "divine flying ship" of the Emissaries.

First, they spotted some sort of metal stick. Then, a glass dome appeared behind it before revealing a black and white metal cylinder with wings. On the side of the cylinder is a large red circle.

"This is.. This is a Japanese Zero!" Rivaldi said, suprised by the plane.

"A Zero?" An unaware Nabila asked Rivaldi.

A concerned Mina asked a Rivaldi, who had a strange reaction upon seeing the aircraft, "What's a Japanese Zero? It is true that it isn't from our world, but why are you surprised?"

Some of the team members who were aware of the Zero were also surprised. One of them would answer Nabila and Mina's question, "Ah, a Zero is an aircraft from a country of our world known as Japan. This seems to be the same plane that was flown by them 85 years ago."

"Really? So this looks like something from your world?" Mina said.

"Well, it's not just that it looks like it. This seems to exactly be that plane from 85 years ago." The team member said as he inspected the plane.

The Indonesians were surprised by the existence of a Zero in this forest. It's the very same aircraft that once dominated the skies of Asia in the early parts of World War 2. While it became obselete as the war progressed, the plane would become a historical legend.

The mystery of this world only deepened as the Indonesian government decided to fund the research of this world and its mythologies after the aircraft was discovered.

4