Chapter 26 – The Eastern Coalition
210 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, January 7th, 1640

A Certain Conference Room

Within a certain conference room in the Principality of Qua-Toyne, representatives from 11 countries who were all located outside of the so-called Civilization Areas gathered. The room had white pillars that surrounded the main meeting area which was in a lower elevation compared to the rest of the room. On that lower elevation, a large circular table stood as the representatives sat around it. On one side of the room were flag poles that had the flags of every nation attending which was lined up and presented to the eyes of those who looked at the meeting.

The nations represented in this meeting were the Principality of Qua-Toyne, Kingdom of Quila, Kingdom of Asgar, Kingdom of Melissia, Principality of Zeven, Kingdom of Altaras, Kingdom of Sios, Kingdom of Fenn, Kingdom of Awan,and the Kingdom of Topa. These 10 nations have gathered here today to formalize the formation of the Eastern Coalition, a coalition of nations aimed to oppose the Parpaldian Empire. Unfortunately for these two nations, Indonesia had refused to attend.

On top of the table that the officials all gathered around, there is a piece of paper that would be the treaty signed by the representatives of these nations. On that paper, had a text that contained multiple pledges that the signatories have to adhere to.

The representatives would slowly but surely sign a treaty that had their nations pledge to commit its full resources, military or economically, against the Parpaldian Empire alongside agreeing to not make separate deals with the Parpaldian Empire that would hinder the coalition's war effort. The treaty was also allowed to be signed by other nations in the future for the struggle of victory over Parpaldian hegemony.

The meeting would later end as the representatives of the 11 nations formalized the formation of the Eastern Coalition.

Parpaldian Empire, January 15th, 1640

Eshtirant

Within the imperial palace of the Parpaldian Empire located in the capital city of Eshtirant, an emergency meeting took hold as news of the Eastern Coalition's formation was spread. Emperor Ludius and Kaios understood the gravity of such a situation and took this information seriously as the relevant officials were all gathered.

The meeting took place in a large room surrounded by white walls that had some gold colored decoration and ornaments while the white marble floor had a red carpet that covered the entire floor of the room. The room was lit up by 3 large windows that had dark red curtains and a large chandelier that is hung above a large

The room was filled with the chatters ot the Parpaldian officials as they talked about the urgent matter at hand until Emperor Ludius finally arrived and sat on one of the chairs surrounding the table.

The meeting would begin as Ludius cleared his throat, which would be followed by an overview of the situation, "As many of you know by now, the war in Altaras has escalated into a major war against a coalition of 10 nations, although war between them all have yet to erupt. This is a clear threat for our Empire's ambition for the forseeable future."

Murmurs erupted between the officials as they talked about the empire's situation amongst themselves. They all understood the gravity of such a situation, though many didn't know how their nation will deal with such a threat.

The murmurs stopped as the officials saw Ludius, who raised his clenched fist before continuing on his speech, "However, I have been informed of a rather important piece of information that shall help us with our war effort! Director Palvius, please explain."

As Ludius finished with his speech, everyone looked at the Information Bureau Director who cleared his throat before thanking the Emperor, "Thank you, your majesty. Now, my office has obtained information that we view as crucial to this war.

Even though the nations of Rodenius have yet to declare war, our spies have reported that they are now supplying Altaras and Fenn with an unknown but large number of aid. This will allow the coalition to slowly build up their strength, though we should be able to disrupt this by either pressuring them or outright conquer their nation."

The suggestion was met with mixed responses among the crowd, but the majority seemed to not dislike the idea. However, Kaios understood what such an idea would mean and objected to it by raising his hand, "That may allow us to buy time and disrupt their war effort, but I'm sure the Indonesians will not take further aggression too kindly. Our relations with them are already reaching a breaking point and they may intervene in the war."

The attendees nodded to Kaios' point as many understood the potential military strength, but Palvius simply chuckled at the argument as he presented a document on the table, "That is something we have considered already. We have already learned that the Indonesians also rely heavily on Rodenius for food. Thus, if we quickly conquer the continent, we should be able to prevent an Indonesians response. Two birds with one stone, isn't it?"

"Can you guarantee that the Indonesians won't quickly mount a defense?" Kaios asked Palvius with a face full of concern of Parpaldia's future.

"We have also obtained information that the Indonesians have established a military base north east of Ejei, though we are unable to get information on their exact numbers. Thus, they will be posing the biggest and only threat to our plans.

However, we have concluded that Indonesia will be unable to assemble a large enough army in time due to their nation's fractured nature while using Mu as a reference, therefore we should have around a year from the start of the campaign to quickly conquer Rodenius before we meet the full strength of their military.

The Principality of Qua-Toyne is a huge importance to this strategy as the Indonesians rely heavily on their food. Thus, we will need to take care of the Qua-Toynians to convince the Indonesians for peace."

Everyone nodded except for Kaios who still seemed to be uneasy about the plan. Ludius seemed to be satisfied of Palvius' explanation, "Thank you, Palvius. With all of this in mind, I want the Rodenius campaign to start as soon as possible because the longer we wait, the stronger the coalition becomes!"

The meeting later ended as everyone rushed to leave the room as they went to execute the Emperor's orders. The details of what each relevant department's orders were relayed in the meeting as well.

The Sea, West of Fenn, January 24th 1640

The blue ocean stretched into the horizon as a fleet of 20 Ship of The Lines 5 Armoured Frigates, and 3 Wyvern Carriers sailed towards the Fennese Kingdom. The ships were on 2 line formations and all had a red flag containing a black colored land dragon and had came from the west. These ships are of Parpaldian origin and they came with revenge in mind as the Fennese-Parpaldian war raged on as the conflict in Altaras stood still.

The Lance, a 100 gun Ship of the Line, led one of the two lines as they sailed along. On the ship was Admiral Avabel who had replaced Poquetoire to take on the Fennese Navy. He had a fine blonde hair above his yellow eyes and mustache while wearing a blue uniform with yellow designs worn by other Parpaldian admirals.

He stood proudly on the bow of the ship as he looked onward to the endless horizon in front of him. On the bow of the ship were dolphins which swam in front of the ship as if it was being pulled by them.

Meanwhile, one of his officers approached the admiral with a compass in his hand that was then put into his pockets. The man saluted as he stopped behind Avabel, "Admiral, we are around 2 hours west from Fenn."

The admiral turned around and looked into the eyes of his officer, "Thank you for the report. Have the men found any signs of Fennese ships?"

"Ah, no sir. We have yet to find any Fennese patrols, but we should be able to find one soon enough."

"Alright, make sure the other ships do not make the same mistakes as Poquetoire. We cannot afford another defeat from the hands of the Fennese Navy."

"Yes, sir!" The officer turned around and went back to his post.

Avabel continued to look towards the horizon and sighed as he thought about Poquetoire. As a fellow admiral, he was someone that he respected due to his experience on the seas, but he would have never thought for that same man to be punished over the failed punitive strike towards Fenn. As he replaced Poquetoire for this very mission, he wants to make sure he does not make the same mistakes as Poquetoire.

"That bastard has always been too soft towards his crew.." Avabel muttered.

Suddenly, a crew from the crow's nest situated on top of the Lance's main mast shouted out, "Fennese ships, dead ahead!"

Avabel quickly reacted to it by grabbing the spyglass on his pocket and extended it as he looked into it with one of his eyes. There, he see the recognizeable sail of the Fennese junks, but he would only see a couple of these ships.

As both fleets spotted each other, the two Fennese junks quickly turned around and ran away, though it was much to the expectations of Avabel, "So they're trying to use that strategy against me.."

Avabel quickly went towards his communications officer to relay an order to his fleet, "Order the fleet to chase the Fennese junks and get the carriers to disrupt their strategy by sending out the wyverns. They may be outside the civilized areas, but we cannot afford to underestimate them."

"Yes, sir!" The communications officer said as he went towards the communications room on the stern of the ship.

Soon, multiple squadrons of wyverns launched from the 3 carriers and went to follow the Fennese junks to attack them and their main fleet eventually. Meanwhile, the Parpaldian ships all activated their Tears of the Wind God to catch up and attack the Fennese main fleet.

Principality of Qua-Toyne, January 30th, 1640

Qua-Toyne

In the capital city of the Principality of Qua-Toyne, a meeting is currently being held between the Parpaldia and Qua-Toyne. This meeting had surprised the Qua-Toynian officials as Parpaldian diplomats came from the Empire towards a country they regarded as 'barbaric', though the nation still accepted their arrival with much suspicion.

The meeting room looked modest in comparison to the meeting rooms of Eshtirant, but the Parpaldian diplomats did not criticize it but remained silent until the meeting started. The meeting's atmosphere was full of suspicion and tense due to the ongoing war in Altaras and Fenn alongside the creation of a coalition that Qua-Toyne was in.

As the meeting started, the Parpaldian diplomats got straight to the point as they handed over a parchment filled with a list, "Let us get straight to the point, the Parpaldian Empire demands that the Principality of Qua-Toyne withdraw their support of the coalition. This means that your country is to stop providing them with food and various other raw materials.

We would also like your nation to agree to not interfere in the affairs of the Empire. If your nation fails to comply, then we shall not hesitate to declare war and bring the full might of the empire to your nation."

The Qua-Toynians officials, including Rinsui, gulped as they took a look at the list of demands from the Parpaldians. The demands were simple and the reward for complying is being spared by the Parpaldian Empire alongside some promises that the empire wouldn't invade Qua-Toyne for 20 years.

However, as the Qua-Toynians finished dicussing between themselves about the demands, the demands would be refused as Rinsui said, "The Principality of Qua-Toyne refuses these demands as according to the declarations with the coalition."

One of the Parpaldians would be angered by the Qua-Toynian's answer, "Listen here you barbarians, our empire has given your nation a generous demand that spares you from Parpaldian conquest for a simple task. Have you all lost your mind to put your nation at risk?"

"As we said before, our nation has agreed to refuse any deals that do not include the entirety of the coalition. And even in the case that your nation invades us, would the Indonesians stand by and watch? I'm sure your nation wouldn't stand a chance against them." Rinsui argued.

"Tsk, it seems like your nation does not know any better. Then watch as your nation falls under the hands of the Parpaldian Empire while your Indonesian ally stand by and watch.

Of course, our glorious emperor is kind enough to let you barbarians a second chance to reclaim your honor. So you may head over to Jin-Hark for a peace deal, but don't expect any softer demands."

As the Parpaldian diplomats stood up and left the room, the Qua-Toynians lashed back at them, "What honor do you even speak of? Does your nation have any drop of honor after it subjugates and enslave its colonial subjects?! Clearly you're the barbarian in this room!"

The Parpaldian diplomats left without giving a response, though they all chuckled at the Qua-Toynians as they still seemed confident that Parpaldia would eventually rise as the victor.

The result of this meeting also meant that negotiations with Qua-Toyne had failed, which disappointed some of the Parpaldian officials back home. The failure also meant that Parpaldia was now going to conquer the Principality of Qua-Toyne.

4