Chapter 27 – Point of No Return
176 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Parpaldian Empire, February 2nd, 1640

Eshtirant

The capital city of the Parpaldian Empire seemed to be much more busy as of recently. The city's port is filled with people carrying boxes of cargo and loading onto the many ships that had docked there. Aside from the workers that worked frantically to get the goods to its destination, soldiers were present and boarded the transport ships that had also docked there. If a foreigner laid their eyes on the current atmosphere of the city, one could come into the conclusion that some kind of major event has happened and such assumptions would be correct as the war in Altaras and Fenn has recently escalated into a major regional war between the Parpaldia and the Eastern Coalition.

Meanwhile, in front of Parpaldia's Foreign Affairs Office building stood an Indonesian man who wore a black suit and a red tie. Sweat flowed down through his skin as he briefly stopped to catch some air before opening the large doors of the building. As he entered the building, he would be met by a beautiful blonde woman who's hair is tied into a bun who immediately recognized him.

"Oh, Ambassador Gunawan, are you here to meet with Sir Kaios?" Raita asked Gunawan, the Indonesian ambassador to Parpaldia.

"Ah yes, I'd like to meet him right now. It's regarding a very urgent matter, I cannot waste any time." Gunawan replied to Raita's question as he wiped the sweat from his face with his hand.

"Alright, please follow me."

Raita stood from her chair and left her counter as she led Gunawan through the brightly lit hallways of the building. They past through many doors that led to the many rooms of the building before turning to climb up the stairs that led to the second floor. As they took a step on the floor of the building, the two would turn right into another long hallway before coming upon a door that had a sign that said 'Kaios' Office' on it. Raita knocked on the door before grabbing the doorknob and turning it to open the door. Inside the room was Kaios who sat on the chair of his desk as he looked at Raita who stood by the entrance of the room.

"What do you need, Raita?" Kaios asked her.

"The Indonesian Ambassador, Gunawan, would like to speak with you. He says that it's a very urgent matter." She replied.

Kaios nodded, instantly understanding the reason behind his visit, "I see, please let him come in."

Gunawan would then enter the room as Raita closed the door behind him and went back to her post. The Indonesian ambassador would walk towards Kaios' desk and sat on a chair before the two would talk.

"I believe you're here because of the situation in Rodenius?" Kaios asked Gunawan as he closed the book that was on his desk and moved it aside.

With a rather serious look and tone, Gunawan answered Kaios', "That is correct, my government has heard that the Parpaldian Empire has just declared war on the Principality of Qua-Toyne. You know what this means for your nation, right?"

As one of the officials that rejected the idea of war against Qua-Toyne, Kaios had expected such a response from Indonesia. While he wanted to avoid war, he knew that his job was to deliver the will of the Empire to the uncivilized nations, especially after his supposed post in the 1st Foreign Affairs Office was stolen.

"Yes, I am aware of the consequences. However, this war is a decision that was entirely decided by his majesty himself. Are you here to present some demands from your government?"

"Yes, the Republic of Indonesia demands that the Parpaldian Empire to end this unjustified war and for all military assets used for the war to be withdrawn from Louria. Refusal to follow through with these demands will result in war between our nations." Gunawan said as he presented a paper filled with Indonesia's demands.

For Kaios, it was clear that this is the point of no return for the Parpaldian Empire. If his country accepts the Indonesian ultimatum, then the war would de-escalate and prevent any war with Indonesia but with the costs of huge damages to Parpaldia's international image. On the other hand, Parpaldia could reject the ultimatum and continue the war but with a more technologically advanced Indonesia as an enemy. It was clear that none of the options were desirable, but Kaios simply shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Gunawan. I have been given orders by his majesty to reject such Indonesian demands for peace. However, I have heard that the Altaran princess, Lumiess, has taken refuge in your country." Kaios answered before asking Gunawan another question.

"Ah yes, she is currently in Indonesia and has been granted refugee status by our government. Why do you ask?"

"His majesty would like the Indonesians to hand over the Altaran princess, and then he may reconsider our campaign in Rodenius."

"Due to her refugee status, we cannot accept such demands. The Republic of Indonesia believes that refugees has the right of non-refoulement, and we have heard that the Parpaldian Empire has sent an ultimatum to Altaras which included the hand-over of Princess Lumiess."

"The right of non-refoulement..?" Kaios asked Gunawan with a puzzled look regarding the strange term.

"Ah right, the right of non-refoulement is a fundamental principle in which refugees are forbidden to be sent to a country where they would be in danger of persecution. It's one of the many things that our country believes in." Gunawan explained.

"If that's the case, then we cannot accept any peace deals. Hence, the Parpaldian Empire will continue its war against Qua-Toyne." Kaios said with a rather saddened look.

"I see.. That's unfortunate. It seems that war between our countries is inevitable, so I'll take my leave now and inform my government." He said with a disappointed tone while standing up from his chair to take his leave.

But before Gunawan could leave, Kaios interrupted the Indonesian ambassador, "Before you go, I'd like to continue being in contact with your nation. Personally, I don't like the idea of war between our nations either."

Gunawan looked back at Kaios as he grabbed the doorknob and gave Kaios' request a short thought, "Alright, I'll make sure to arrange it."

As Gunawan left the room, closing the door behind him, Kaios sighed and placed his head on the counter. He thought about everything that led the nation to this point before muttering, "It seems that the Empire's days are numbered.."

With a failed attempt to somehow salvage the current situation in the region, the Republic of Indonesia is now left with no other choice.

Republic of Indonesia, February 3rd, 1639

Merdeka Palace, Jakarta

Within the Merdeka Palace located in the middle of the Indonesian capital, a brown podium stood inside a large rectangular room. Behind the podium were 2 rows of Indonesian flags that was between two windows which had a dark red curtain.

Walking towards the podium is the current Indonesian president, Hendra Kusuma, who wore a dark blue suit with a red tie. As Hendra walked onto the podium, he would fix his tie before the cameras that would record his speech started rolling.

President Hendra took a deep breath and cleared his throat before finally addressing his nation of the recent events that had happened, "My fellow Indonesians.." He began his speech, "3 days ago, the Parpaldian Empire declared war on our ally, the Principality of Qua-Toyne.

Prior to this event, the Republic of Indonesia was at peace with the Parpaldians and were in talks to de-escalate the hostilities in the region. Our nation has expressed its concerns over the recent wars in Altaras and Fenn that escalated to a war against a coalition of nations that wished to oppose Parpaldian aggression.

A day after the declaration of war, we demanded that the Parpaldians should withdraw any war assets from Louria and agree on peace talks with the Qua-Toynians. However, we were surprised to find out that the Parpaldians have no intentions to stop their conquest of Rodenius. Furthermore, we have also heard from the Altarans that the Parpaldians wished that the Altaran Princess, Lumiess, to be handed over to them for their own malicious intent.

It is clear that Parpaldia's aggression has gone too far. Their long history of colonialism, subjugation, and slavery shall end due to their negligence. The Republic of Indonesia stands alongside the nations of the Eastern Coalition against the hegemonic Parpaldian Empire.

Therefore, with the approval of the House of Representatives and as the commander-in-chief of the National Armed Forces, the Republic of Indonesia is now at a state of war with the Parpaldian Empire!"

Parpaldian Louria, February 8th, 1640

Jin-Hark

Ever since the end of the Lourian-Qua-Toynian War, the former Lourian capital city, Jin-Hark, had been laid in ruins from the Parpaldian invasion. Although the city is currently being rebuilt, the ruins of various buildings were still present and visible.

The once empty streets of the city due to the war against Qua-Toyne was suddenly replaced by the lines of Parpaldian soldiers, boxes military equipment and supplies, and ships that docked in the city's northern port. Lourians who are suffering from the Parpaldian rule were still visible as many fell into poverty and even homelessness, which the once rich nobility were not spared from.

Some distance from the marching soldiers within the city were the huge outer and inner walls of Jin-Hark that was supposed to protect the city from any attackers. On top of the walls were Parpaldian soldiers that kept watch incase of any enemy army that wished to attack and disrupt the Parpaldian's final preparation for the Rodenius campaign.

A middle-aged blonde man who wore a blue uniform with yellow epaulettes on both of his shoulders climbed the stairs of one of the many towers of the outer walls. He was escorted by two soldiers who were ranked lower from him, judging by their uniforms. As he opened the door that led to the top of the wall, soldiers that were stationed there noticed his presence and Commander rank from his shoulder insignia and would salute the man.

The commander looked around the wall that was filled with soldiers moving cannons, anti-air machine guns, and ammunition boxes around to their designated place. After he had taken in the sights of his busy soldiers, he went to one of his officers, who was busy directing the soldiers nearby.

As the commander walked towards him, the officer would notice his presence before promptly saluting to which the commander would ask, "How's everything around here, Lieutenant?"

"We haven't seen the enemy army yet, though we have spotted a couple of enemy scouts within the outskirts of the city. Meanwhile, we should be prepared to start our campaign tomorrow or the day after."

"Good, make sure the soldiers are well-rested. The general has ordered us to move by tomorrow and one of our enemies is a nation on par or even more powerful than Mu."

"Yes, sir!"

The Parpaldian commander continued to inspect the walls as he was escorted by his two soldiers. As the commander for the Rodenius campaign, he knew that the Rodenius campaign is a gamble filled with a high risk and reward, thus he went to make sure that his men were in perfect shape with plenty of supplies and equipment to make sure the campaign goes smoothly as possible. Unfortunately, his efforts would come into question as the Indonesians made their move.

------

In the cloudy skies above Rodenius, a squadron of grey aircrafts flew high. The jet aircrafts had two air intakes between the cockpit with two jet engines that pushed it forward. On the two rudders of the aircrafts were a small red and white flag of Indonesia, which the aircrafts belonged to. The jet aircrafts in questions were a squadron of McDonell Douglass F15EXs that were sortied to attack the city of Jin-Hark.

Within the squadron, a jet fighter on the front of the Vic formation led the the group on its mission and they were approaching the city at a fast rate. The pilot of the leading F15EX spoke into his radio, "Falcon 1 to all crafts, 5 bandits spotted around our target."

A chuckle erupted in the communications channel from one of the fighters, "So these must be the wyverns of this world. Let's see how they fare against these bad boys!"

"Falcon 3, stay focused on the mission. Our main targets are their headquarters and military bases, not the wyverns. Leave the task of air superiority to the others." He said, scolding one of his pilots.

"You're no fun, leader. Why can't we take down some of their wyverns? I'm sure HQ would appreciate it." Falcon 3 said, trying to persuade his flight leader.

Falcon 1 stayed silent as his fellow pilots listened to the conversation with various reactions before giving in, "...Alright, but don't forget why we are here in first place."

As the Indonesian fighter squadron continued their path, they fired their missiles at the patrolling Parpaldian Wyvern Lords, who noticed the presence of the missiles. They all tried to dodge the missiles, which had locked onto their wyverns, resulting in the deaths of all 5 wyverns and their knights.

Soon, the city of Jin-Hark became visible through the cockpits of the F15s. The pilots could see the three layers of walls that protected the city, which seemed rather excessive. The outermost layer protected the city's residential area, while the other 2 layers protected the government area and the royal castle.

"Sheesh, do they really need 3 layers of walls?" Falcon 2 asked the his fellow pilots.

From the communications channel, Falcon 1 responded, "I don't know, but that makes our job a heck ton easier. Our targets are within the 2nd layer, make sure you don't accidentally hit the residential area."

The Indonesian fighters ascended into the sky and then turned to descend down as they fired their missiles at their targets before pulling up and repeating the same maneuver. Meanwhile, the Parpaldians scrambled to get their wyverns into the air in the nearby airbase as the Parpaldian anti-air began firing at the attacking fighter jets.

------

References

F-15EX Eagle II

The F-15EX Strike Eagle II is an improved variant of the F-15E American multirole strike fighter

The F-15EX Strike Eagle II is an improved variant of the F-15E American multirole strike fighter. The fighter is intended to replace the USAF's F-15C/Ds, with the first being delivered to the USAF in March 10th, 2021. Indonesia has plans to purchase these fighters and expects to take deliveries in 2022.

5