Chapter 33 – Emor
212 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kingdom of Emor, March 1st, 1640

Dragusmakira

The Kingdom of Emor is a Great Power that lies on the northern border of the Holy Mirishial Empire. The nation is a landlocked but fairly large country in the Central Continent. Much of the country consists of forests, though its south eastern territories consists of the inhabitable Panma desert that stretches into the neighboring Kingdom of Meerky, Kingdom of Artecia, and the Holy Mirishial Empire.

Its capital, Dragusmakira, is located next to a large river that flowed across the continent and into the delta in the east, situated in the Kingdom of Meerky. The city is extremely large and thus, a large amount of Emor's population, which primarily consists of dragonfolks, lives there.

In Dragusmakira's royal castle, the Dragon King Wagdran stood inside a large circular room that had a dome shaped ceiling. Within the room were over 30 other people and the highest quality magic crystals from Mirishial, which were all laid on the floor in a circle. 

One of the people within the room is the Space Diviner, Alesthre. He is an elder Dragonfolk who has a long white beard and hair, and two horns on his head.

He would raise both of his hands and began chanting, "O, the great Space God, I invoke thee to reveal the future of the world. Please give thy loyal subjects a prophecy!"

Then, the many magic crystals on the floor began to shine as a string of light emerges from it. The magic energy flies up into the ceiling and gave off the effect of stars being projected to the ceiling.

"Oooh!" Everyone in the room said as they witnessed the divination ceremony.

Everyone were nervous and unsure on what the results could be, as the results of the divination ceremony varied from good to bad every time they did it. Regardless of this variation, the Space Divination Ceremony is proven to have an accuracy of over 98%, so it was considered as extremely vital to the well-being of the world.

Alesthre's face went pale and seemed visibly distraught after he read the prophecy in front of his eyes, "It.. It can't be!! How could this happen?!"

As Alesthre was about to fall down into the ground, Wagdran ran up to him and caught him in time, "What's wrong? What do you see?!"

Everyone seemed concerned after witnessing Alesthre's reactions. The atmosphere of the room would worsen as the results of the prophecy were revealed, "The ancient sorcerous empire of the Latistor continent.. The very same empire from the myth... They will return!!"

"N-No way..!" Everyone in the room said, shuddering in fear of the prophecy that had been told.

"When will this happen?! Where will they appear?!?" Wagdran asked, intending to squeeze as much information from him.

"I.. I cannot see the details, but it's not too far from now. The distortion in space makes it difficult.."

It's the worst future anyone in this world could hope for. The very same empire that oppressed and dominated the world returning to rule it again. An Empire of unrivaled power and technology that even the people of today couldn't hope to defeat.

"Then.. Will the world be oppressed once again?" Wagdran said, fearing for the fate of the world.

Alesthre shook his head, "No.. The future is.. uncertain."

The mood seems to slightly lit up as those very words were said, "Uncertain?! Does that mean there's a way to avoid destruction?!" Wagdran asked.

"There is!"

Everyone seemed relieved at the existence of a solution, but they still do not know what it is. Regardless, it could be a hope for the future.

"How?! Please give us the details!"

"A new country has appeared. It is not an emerging country, but a country of powerful and advanced other world!"

The mood of the room brightened. If a country from a powerful world was transferred, then they would be instrumental in the fight for the entire world. An entire country being transferred from another world to aid with the fight seems hard to believe, but considering the accuracy of the ceremony, it was something they should believe in.

"Where are they? What are they called?! The Dragon King demanded.

Alesthre's face seemed grim and unsure as he revealed the answers, "Hrrgh... In the east.. An island country east of Philades and Rodenius... They fly a flag with a red and white color.."

"What is its name?!" Wagdran asked, desperate for information.

"They are Jap.. Wait no..!" Alesthre's face went pale once again as he faced difficulty in reading the prophecy.

As Alesthre read the name of the country from the star-like lights above, it would suddenly be disrupted as it began to move around, revealing a different country from before. It is not the same country that is supposed to be told in the prophecy. No one except Alesthre understood what the prophecy said or what it changed into, so their only hope of knowing is by asking him.

"Come on! What's the country?!" Wagdran kept asking Alesthre, fearful of the event that the solution ends up not being told.

"They're a country ruled by humans and are a key to opposing them, they are called In.. do.. ne.. sia..?" Alesthre said, finally giving the king an answer.

"Indonesia..?" Everyone in the room asked, unaware of such a country with that name.

"A human country..? But this is the ancient sorcerous empire.." Wagdran said questioning the result due to human's weak strength, "No matter, please investigate them and establish diplomatic relations!" He ordered as he turned to a nearby nobleman who is in charge on diplomacy.

"As you wish, my king!" The nobleman said.

"That.. won't be necessary, their diplomats are currently on their way to the city from the Panma desert on a sandship.." Alesthre said before finally fainting from exhaustion and stress.

"Then.. Tell the gatekeeper via manaphone about this! Make sure they're not turned away!"

With this revelation, the world will once again be shaken by a great calamity that is the ancient sorcerous empire and the people who witnessed the reveal of the prophecy all shook in fear with the idea of their inevitable return. Unfortunately, they still do not know when this very empire will return, hence another ceremony will be scheduled for next year.

------

A large sandship would approach a station which had multiple piers that extended outwards. The sandship, which looked like a ship of the sea is made out of metal and powered by a large magic engine that had a funnel on its deck and many wheels on each side of its hull.

A jingle would play on the speaker as an announcement came, "Attention, the ship is now arriving at the border station of the Kingdom of Emor. Please check your belongings and step carefully when exiting. Thank you for using our services on this journey."

As the sandship stopped next to a pier, multiple doors opened on the side of the ship's superstructure where the Indonesian diplomats exited from.

"That was certainly an interesting ride." William from the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign affairs said, commenting on the unusual ride.

"Uhuh, never expected a ship to go on land." His colleague Andi answered.

After they got off the boat and from the station, they were greeted by a forest of huge trees, a contrast to the view of the desert. In front of the forest and about 2 kilometers away, a completely out-of-place huge blue gate stood.

It seems that the other passengers of their ship seemed to be following a cobblestone road that winds up through the forest. The sign nearby said that they need to follow the path.

"I think we need to follow the path." Andi said as he looked at the writing on the sign as he flicked through the dictionary on his hand.

The two walked on the stone path that led into the forest and after a while, they would be met by the blue gate. The gate had a number of two meter tall dragonfolks soldiers and a line of people of various races. It seems that they were checking the permits.

"It seems we're gonna have to wait for a while until we get in." William commented as he released a deep sigh.

The two took the hint and lined up just like the rest. They also had acquired an entry permit before they went on the ship, but it seems that its going to take a while before they enter Emor.

After a while, a shout could be heard on the front of the line, "You people have to line up too!"

William and Andi looked in front of the line to see an Emorish guard yelling at a group of humans.

The group shouted back, angered by what the guard said, "We aren't some merchants from a small country! We are envoys from the Kingdom of Nusia of the 3rd Civilization Area! We've come to renegotiate the establishment of diplomatic relations. So please tell whoever is in charge of your country's diplomacy that we are here!"

The Emorish staff spat at the Nusian envoys, "So what? It doeesnt matter if you're diplomats or merchants or whatever, you're all still humans! You don't get any special treatment here, only dragonfolks or something at the level of high elves do! Look, everyone else are lining up, so get in line!"

"Ghh.." The envoys said as they angrily but quietly went to the back of the line.

The guards that scolded that group went back to his post, relieved that the matter is solved quickly, "Those unruly humans never learn.." He muttered.

Andi and William looked at each other as they witnessed what had just happened.

"I guess negotiations will be more difficult than expected.." Andi said to his colleague.

"Seems so, dunno if they'll even accept us." William replied with a shrug.

Then, a tall and somewhat old dragonfolk appeared into view as he came out of the gate with an escort of 4 soldiers. His hair were of dark red with a beard that had no mustache. The clothes he wore is a robe with a large scarf. As he had 4 escorts and the guards who were near the gate immediately bowed to him, it's clear that he's someone important.

"Seems like someone important is here." Andi commented.

"Huh, wonder what he's here for."

The man looked around and walked beside the line the Indonesians were in. Much to their surprise, the man would stop right next to the two Indonesians.

"Uh, can we help you with something?" William asked the man.

The Emorish man would answer William's question, "I am Moriaul and I represent the Emor Kingdom in regards to the affairs of diplomacy and I have noticed your peculiar outfit. Where have you come from and what is your purpose?"

Andi would answer Moriaul's question, "We're diplomats from a country east of Philades and Rodenius called the Republic of Indonesia. We've come to establish diplomatic relations with your country."

Laughter rang out from the people around the two Indonesians as they revealed their nationality and intention.

"Pfft.. A nation east of Philades? There's no way Emor would accept barbarians inside the country, nevertheless establish diplomatic relations." A man in the line said, slandering the Indonesians.

"Hah, our Kingdom belongs to the 3rd Civilization Area and even we are having troubles negotiating with these thickheaded dragonfolks." The Nusian envoy said, laughing at the Indonesians.

Moriaul seemed to have other ideas however, "Ooh!! So you must be the Indonesians we've been waiting for! We apologize for having to let you wait and go through such uncivilized slander. Please come in!"

The insults that came from the other people on the line immediately stopped as Moriaul granted entry to the Indonesians.

"Wha..? They should wait too!" The Nusian envoys blurted out, "We're from the 3rd Civilization Area! Our country is a civilized country, so we request to be treated according to our status!"

Moriaul glared at the Nusian envoys, "Hmph, if I remember correctly, the Kingdom of Nusia is just some human country on the north edges of Philades. Go wait in line you unruly lot."

The Nusian envoys looked on, speechless as they witness the Indonesians getting special treatment from Emor. The group of course never heard of Indonesia's relevance as news of the war with Parpaldian told that the Coalition consisted of nations outside of the Civilized Areas and did not bother to go into details of the member countries.

Meanwhile, the Republic of Indonesia would later establish diplomatic relations with the Great Power known as the Kingdom of Emor as they made their efforts on connecting with the Central World.

------

Afterword:

This chapter is an intermission before diving into the beginning of the end of the Coalition-Parpaldian War, which continues on the next chapter. This chapter is quite similar to the source material, but I've added a number of changes that reflects on Indonesia's transferrence into this world.

I hope I can keep working on this fanfiction in the future to see how the story will progress and keep improving on my craft.

5